Can't say anything bad about Gold?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Yeah :)), better that you never met the guys who I was playing against . Had 2 players from Africa I was USA, for 3 weeks, I was building airfields on all provinces in NE and they with gold took them down a few times a day. Then all the cities, it was a rage gold spend just to destroy me. It worked not gonna lie, but the aggressive use of gold left me with a bitter taste after that game. I mean it was not a skill game, they just spent and spent and spent.

So indeed the game works because of gold players, but those player may affect the bigger player base. If on a server there are 10 players which buy gold/HC and one which has a deeper pocket or works for Bytro can destroy your appetite for playing. I was really thinking if I should play anymore got a mixed feeling . I told my enemies, that they use gold without skill and I got reported for saying the word GOLD on a gold player when I am buying every month HC.

So in other words better keep a guy that spends 100$ then to keep 10 players that spent 15$ each.
  • If you're ever playing against a gold player just send all your units towards his capital and start a new round.
    The Democratic Republic of Afghanistan(DRA) was founded in 1978 through a coup d'etat. Certain Muslim factions rebelled against the new government, and per the DRA's request the Soviet army deployed forces to the area.

Even now, in 1984, the Soviet's 40th Army and the self-proclaimed "Mujahideen" are still engaged in bitter conflict.
  • Chuck wrote:

Everbody knows, even this wonderful game has to be financed somehow, so:
    „Ask not what your country (game) can do for you — ask what you can do for your country (game)

Means, if someone encounters a gold player (a financier) in his games, it should be self-evident to give this noble donor a good fight as hard and as long as possible, uncomplaining, and also even if the own doom is clearly foreseeable.
    Maxim: There is hardly a better feeling than a hard fight, no matter who wins in the end.

It's no shame to honorably lose against an inexhaustible superiority !, but is shameful to complain about it ..
    .. however if someone instead prefers to flee immediately, which is absolute legitimate, he should do it silent or at least not boast about it.

boojiboy wrote:

Members can't talk about the impact of Gold on gameplay if it's not positive??

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
    ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
    .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
    Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
  • I too have been warned, seeing how this thread is not closed or deleted yet, i assume it's alright to discuss this on public, and so i shall.

BMfox wrote:

Thanks to people who buy gold, we can all enjoy this great game for free. Remember that next time when you meet a gold player and send him your best regards ;)
    Is this now a rule? Mods and Admins say this before many times, but now somehow my past action of "expressing disappointment" in how "gold is used" is being warned. I of course are aware that this is a free game that requires money to keep being free and those funds come from the player who buy gold, and i try to be considerate of their contribution, but are we at all now not allowed to express any sign of "disappointment or criticism" on the subject of gold?
  • Restrisiko wrote:

Chuck wrote:

It's no shame to honorably lose against an inexhaustible superiority !, but is shameful to complain about it ..
    .. however if someone instead prefers to flee immediately, which is absolute legitimate, he should do it silent or at least not boast about it.

Basically leave your head down and walk straight like horses. Got it. Also I find a little shameful that your post didn't brought nothing new to the discussion it was only your higher opinion on those who were explaining what happened in the past.

No one is saying anything bad, you can use gold how much and where ever you want, i just found it exhausting for 3 weeks to be bombarded with gold every few hours . It was quite fun to be honest to see them pouring gold without any strategy and with that said, a player that has deep pockets can kill a game for paying members . I can give you N examples where an online game died because of 100 high paying members who crushed 1000 small paying members. On a long term strategy is not good for the player base.

Anyway is just a talk, like I said anyone is free to use and abuse how they please.
  • honestly, im on the boat as restiko said, give them enough hard fight that either bytro can use a more polish game or they drop out seeing the cost is more than the gain..... my main concern is when they brag about it as if they were some kind of rommel :thumbdown:
    You merely adopted the shitposting. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see a proper post until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but blinding!
  • Nothing gets me more excited then a heavy gold spender. It allows me to switch objectives from objective A: "Win first place in a sportsman like manner" to onjective B: "you know you are going to lose so have fun doing it and make them spend a ridiculous amount of GM"

It immediatly takes the pressure off and I can get into a more creative type of gameplay where my morale compass is turned off and I am allowed to play dirty. I do not mean doibg anything that is not allowed by the game like hacking no not at all.

I am talking about subterfuge, betrayal, double speak, all the things that I normally abstain from doing. Its a moment to unleash your darkside and stick it to the man! Oodles and oodles of fun!! You should try it.
  • It can be fun to fight against a golder in some situations: they are so sure they are going to win, but they don't.
    General Nightman

Retired Hero

"War is fought in three ways. Helping your enemy to lose, helping your allies to victory or helping yourself to win. Any way you take it, you are always helping someone."
  • hakijaa wrote:

How? Almost 70% of time people start swearing at each other in the Newspaper and talk bad about gold and nothing ever happened?
    Nothing happens as long as it doesn't get reported.

Newbss wrote:

So indeed the game works because of gold players, but those player may affect the bigger player base. If on a server there are 10 players which buy gold/HC and one which has a deeper pocket or works for Bytro can destroy your appetite for playing. I was really thinking if I should play anymore got a mixed feeling . I told my enemies, that they use gold without skill and I got reported for saying the word GOLD on a gold player when I am buying every month HC.
    I'm in for adding a maximum amount of gold one can use in one game day or in one game. This would still give huge advantage for gold users but it would be more fair for the player base. I believe this would barely harm Bytro's revenue.

Kanaris wrote:

Nothing gets me more excited then a heavy gold spender. It allows me to switch objectives from objective A: "Win first place in a sportsman like manner" to onjective B: "you know you are going to lose so have fun doing it and make them spend a ridiculous amount of GM"
    For sure, I wouldn't be the first time that me and a few regulators together beat one or two gold users that had deep pockets, spent a lot on that game in the hope to win but still lost because we had about 200 planes together and also a lot of artillery. Bytro made a good turnover in that game.

Newbss wrote:

one which has a deeper pocket or works for Bytro can destroy your appetite
    I can assure you that Bytro staff and volunteers don't have unlimited resources, in fact they are rather small.
    BMfox
    EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
  • It's one thing that on the beginning of Day 2 I get over run with 36 light tanks and 7 medium tanks.... before I've even completed research on my light tank, I might add. I can just quit and find another game.

But it's another thing to be on day 89 of a fantastic, complicated and competitive game and my opponent, who is finally on the ropes, decides to gold spam units out of a single province for the win.
  • Posts which serve to speak ill about the game and deter people from using the premium account (High Command) and/or Gold, are strictly prohibited!

~Terms of Service~
    beta.callofwar.com/index.php?id=274

~Game Rules~
    Map/In-Game Rules

~Forum rules~
    forum.callofwar.com/index.php?thread/4-forum-rules/
    War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
    Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<