Transport Planes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Transport Planes

Cargo Planes? 15
        Yes (6) 40%
        Maybe (2) 13%
        No (7) 47%
      The introduction of Cargo Planes into Call of War would allow for unit transport in later games to be quicker, and especially in games where the map is quite large. The use of the tool would be something similar to selecting a unit, pressing move, and a new menu would pop up asking plane or ground. If plane is selected the unit will take time to board, and will take the fastest route to its destination. Cargo planes would be automatically researched (similar to cargo ships), and could be upgraded for better speed, and defense capabilities.
      The snow is speaking Finnish.
      The trees are speaking Vietnamese.
      Dog Bombs.
      Manned kamikaze rockets.
      Giant railroad guns.
      War is weird.
    • While I love the idea (unit transport is slow already) I find it unlikely that this will happen.
      WW2 didn't have the planes to transport tanks and infantry.
      Sure, they had planes for supplies and paratroopers, but they were never hauling tanks.
      General Nightman

Retired Hero

"War is fought in three ways. Helping your enemy to lose, helping your allies to victory or helping yourself to win. Any way you take it, you are always helping someone."

• Of course back then there are already the first possibilitys to transport even light vehicles, and personally, I think it would be fine to have transport planes here in CoW, especially because they would be far more useful in this game than paratroopers.

However, in my opinion ingame only foot soldiers (infantry, commandos and militia) as well as AA and AT should be transportable.

Rough suggestion for requirements:
      >> Strategic bomber level 4 or 5 researched (or a separate research, as in the transport ships, based on Strategic Bomber level 3.
      >> Start-, interim- and landing airport at least level 2.
      >> Time to load / unload respective 1 or 2 hours (maybe even more..).
      >> Conversion into transport planes automatically as with sea convoys -- a button for choice option Land / Air would be required.
      >> Transport planes should be stackable with other planes.

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • I didn't even know this. Anyhow only the last year of the war and only the Germans, not really the reference. Might be a possibility in the late game after day 40 or with the new knowledge tree maybe day 28.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • 198 transport planes ever built?
      This is hardly justification for a transport plane in CoW.
      For instance, the Panzer IV has 8800 tanks built. Bytro can't add every unit there ever was.
      General Nightman

Retired Hero

"War is fought in three ways. Helping your enemy to lose, helping your allies to victory or helping yourself to win. Any way you take it, you are always helping someone."
    • General Nightman wrote:

198 transport planes ever built?
      This is hardly justification for a transport plane in CoW.
      For instance, the Panzer IV has 8800 tanks built. Bytro can't add every unit there ever was.
      Aah, yeah, now I see ..
      .. that's why there are no railroad guns, rocket fighters, nuclear battleships or any other nuke weapons etc. here in the game ..

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • This ideas of supply planes to be introduced, is viable and mostly necessary during battle hardened times. However it could be implemented is fine by me and should be available from airbase level 2 only, a strong enough air base that would contain stores and supplies for defensive reasons.

It is that the supply drops may fill the void of the transport planes and that these might be alternatively considered.

I might like to suggest that the engineer unit be introduced, that can speed up the development of forts and make airfield defense stronger.

Also that the supply drops, having been mentioned, could also be implemented as militia, partisan or guerrilla resistance,loyal to yours or the opposing nation(s), depending on morale performance in those province(s).