The red button, and missiles coordinates

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The red button, and missiles coordinates

Everyones knows or has heard about the importance of "The Red Button". A switch that active the launching of the missiles, located in the different air bases of a country, to propel to a suborbital fly until impact in the target.

Well, that's the idea. Since the beggining of play CoW, I was thinking how difficult is select a missile and give them a target to attack, more when you did like 100 or more than 5 in the same province. Separating one by one, and launching missiles in a period of 30 minutes.

I'm not only talking about normal missile, nuclear missile also can be included.

The button is a reference, not a reality. Nowadays we used computers to control the missiles, but the Germans with the V-2 used a gyroscope to decided where to impact the missile.

That I propose is change the control panel, adding new buttons.

1. Put Target: being operating until be delete by the second button.

2. Delete Target: delte the target of the missile

the third one will be:

3. Launch the operative missiles

The post was edited 5 times, last by Marcos Sicilia ().

• I think he's meaning a more comfortable operation..

Indeed, to avoid the currently needful cumbersome and time-consuming Click-orgy at selected use of several rockets, any option to split rockets more comfortably and get them on their way to their destination would be very desirable:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • I like it. Set up multiple targets on "standby" and be able to select all the rockets with a target set up and click "launch" simultaneously.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Actually it would be fun to play with this for all units, not just rockets. Script a whole movement for your forces and "execute" with one click when ready.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Yeah I like this idea, I am currently in a historical map where we would have won if not for our biggest ally going inactive, and his AI has tons of nuclear weapons and spans from Turkey to China. The only way to grab his points and stop from getting utterly nuked would be to nuke all of his missiles while they're basically still in the silos, but it would take some serious coordination between us and we may end up having to attack the missile with ground units to to turn them to convoys and then rocket them, resulting in heavy casualties. A way to coordinate this in a not loss-heavy and time consuming manner would be very useful.
    • Restrisiko wrote:

I think he's meaning a more comfortable operation..

Indeed, to avoid the currently needful cumbersome and time-consuming Click-orgy at selected use of several rockets, any option to split rockets more comfortably and get them on their way to their destination would be very desirable:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

The nervous and the less vocabulary freak me out all the time. Thanks for Re-expalined what i wanted to say.
    • Marcos, sorry to say so, but your last posts make me think you did not notice the irony in Restrisiko's response(?!?)

Let me translate what he said: If end game is dominated by hundreds of rockets, this game has seriously gone absurd. And we should do something about that, instead of thinking of comfort functions to coordinate rocket mass operations.

Like Edepedable nicely described --> here <--. Turning rockets from tactical to strategical weapons would do the game very well in many aspects and is a very easy change. And you wouldn't need any red button features afterwards.
    • Hans A. Pils wrote:

Marcos, sorry to say so, but your last posts make me think you did not notice the irony in Restrisiko's response(?!?)

Let me translate what he said: If end game is dominated by hundreds of rockets, this game has seriously gone absurd. And we should do something about that, instead of thinking of comfort functions to coordinate rocket mass operations.

Like Edepedable nicely described --> here <--. Turning rockets from tactical to strategical weapons would do the game very well in many aspects and is a very easy change. And you wouldn't need any red button features afterwards.
      I see what he said. But I continue thinking that if you want to give a real impact on the enemy, one good point will be coordinate attacks. Without having to select,and move, one by one all the time.
    • Now, with the early debuff that suffered the rockets in matter of the resources used to build, and maintain it. The arguments use to not implement this idea can be change, because if it was "bad" on account of the amount of rockets build by hundreds... now you manipulate it like a real tactic weapon, to destroy the main military industry complex in a region/city in more realistic numbers...

only rethink the situation. I wasn´t talking about the others porblem i just was saying (better explaind by VorlonFCW)

"Set up multiple targets on "standby" and be able to select all the rockets with a target set up and click "launch" simultaneously."

and suggested by him... to be not only part of the rockets ... all the units with that setting.