CoW Pet Peeves?!?!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• CoW Pet Peeves?!?!

I just gotta know... what really grinds your gears when playing Call of War? I have a lot of things, but I need to know... what pisses you off the most?
      For me, here's a short list:
      -Allies turning on me
      -Stacks of 15 destroyers
      -The Blitzkreig tactic that never works
      -People who blatantly stab you in the back
      -Control Freaks
      -Getting attacked in a roleplay round!!!!!!!!1!!!!!1 (WHILE I'M STILL ACTIVE AT THAT)

No, this is not the entire list. This is part of it.
    • None of the above, but inactive and players without knowledge (or interest) in the game mechanics, due to alternative ways of winning.
      "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts"

Bertrand Russel
    • JesterTheSheep wrote:

I just gotta know... what really grinds your gears when playing Call of War? I have a lot of things, but I need to know... what pisses you off the most?
      For me, here's a short list:
      -Allies turning on me
      -Stacks of 15 destroyers
      -The Blitzkreig tactic that never works
      -People who blatantly stab you in the back
      -Control Freaks
      -Getting attacked in a roleplay round!!!!!!!!1!!!!!1 (WHILE I'M STILL ACTIVE AT THAT)

No, this is not the entire list. This is part of it.
      When allies turn on you that means you are weak. Nobody will turn on an ally who has a bigger or the same size of army. I turn on allies that are not active enough and have a smaller army. Why? Because I can. The best protection against that is invest time in your game, be active and have a good balanced army.

Never saw 15 destroyers in one stack, what is the SDBE on that? Cruisers and battleships are the answer for that one ;)

Blitzkrieg tactic does work, did it a couple of times, just need to make sure that you take out most IC's before the first infantry is trained. But it's risky, I'll give you that

Backstabbing is the same like allies turning on you or not?
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • - What annoys me the most is inactivity as it kills the map.
      - Those roleplay dudes who spam the newspaper articles and get quiet the moment they are under attack.
      - Any kind of spam actually gives me the creeps.
      BMfox

• BMfox wrote:

Never saw 15 destroyers in one stack, what is the SDBE on that?
      About 65% is my guess. Easily taken out with two groups of 7 destroyers.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Been in both places, it stinks either way.
      It is one way to force a lazy ally to act though.
      General Nightman

Retired Hero

"War is fought in three ways. Helping your enemy to lose, helping your allies to victory or helping yourself to win. Any way you take it, you are always helping someone."
    • I have but only one major candidate:

Non agression pacts

For a multitude of reasons

1) This is a war game, the whole purpose is to be ''agressive'' and conquer others

2) It is compensation for a lack of skill

3) A lot of players do not seem to understand that it has to work 2 ways. If I am a lot stronger than you are and you offer me a NAP, no I will not do it. It is better for me to just take your lands. Why would I not conquer a weaker player that just sits around the map with NAP's with everyone? Call me a bully, call me ''egoistic'', call me unreasonable and a ''want it all''. Big fish eat smaller fish.

4) It makes everything on the map predictable.
      Neighbour 1''Hey do you want NAP with me?''
      Me ''No I do not do NAP's''.
      Neigbour 1''Why not? I already have NAP with X and with X and with X so if I get an NAP with you I can go east.
      Me ''So now I know who has NAP with you and now I also know which way they will likely go (looking at current direction everyone is heading). If X does indeed do that, he will be bigger than me very fast. So it is not in my best interest to have NAP with you''.
      Basicly you know how the map will play out if you get to know who has NAP with whom. Know this from about 2 players and you can plan accordingly.

5) Prevents other game mechanics getting into play. Paying for peace, having a vassal, extorting your neighbours. All very fun things to be doing.

It also has negative consequences, ''backstabbing''. Players feel betrayed if someone told them they would not attack and then they do. Imagine how the Russians felt in WWII. Though a succesful attack is usually a surprising one.

So yeah, I do not like Non agresson pacts and I tend to kill those first that offer me one.
    • -gold user that brags about it
      you want to use it to win? fine by me, will fight as hard as i can to help bytro but then when you brag about it as if its all your strategic mind and merit? damn i cant stand that at all, it rustle my gears :cursing:

-inactive
      well goes without explaining :rolleyes:

-newspaper spammer
      roleplay i like it, doesnt bother me mutch even tho as stated above its a pain when you make 4 article a day then drop out soon people declare war on you, but when you write all your article in the title section, then write 10 more just in a flame war against people its a pain :S

-alliances that enter anonymus round together and then proceed to kill singleplayer easily because they already know whos with them and whos not while you are in the darkenss :thumbdown:

-alliance memeber that join 2 or 3 different coalition and clearly sway the war in such a way that they only will gain and survive :cursing:

-braggers of units killed
      if im invading you, and you are a decent player its assumed that you make more kills then me(defense have the advantage of wating out in choke points and decide the battle in certain situation or even laid traps), but if i still conquer you without major delay stop bragging as if you won. it took me longer and bloodier but you arent in the game anymore ||

and biggest of them all
      -low brow insult
      stuff like "get a life" "its just a game, go outside" "stop being a kid and actually have a social life"..... i simply get annoyed on this thing becasue its the last effort made to bash and insult rather then gitgud at a game..... even chess is just a game but people try their hardest to gitgud at that =O
      You merely adopted the shitposting. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see a proper post until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but blinding!
    • Spiffolo wrote:

alliance memeber that join 2 or 3 different coalition and clearly sway the war in such a way that they only will gain and survive
      Well if you are invited in a coalition why not? It's the leader of the coalition that should do his homework.
      BMfox

• Spiffolo wrote:

-low brow insult
      Oof. I can relate to this. I remember once, I was playing as Poland, and I invaded Italy through my right of way with Germany (No, I did not survive) and actually did a pretty good job for a while. I actually would have won, had Spain not decided to steal my kill and then invade me next. Still, every province I got closer to his capital, and every day I'd open up my mailbox, and what did I find?
      "Lol, ur a failure"
      "get a job"
      "quit the game"
      etc etc etc.
      EVERY
      SINGLE
      DAY.
      Finally, the dude went inactive, and I didn't have to listen to him insult me around the clock.

The truth is, it happens sometimes. Ban them all you want, complain, report, really it makes no difference. Call of War is an online game, and online games will always have people who genuinely suck. (Morally, at least) The best thing you can do is forget about them. Or, alternatively, write down their username and get some sweet revenge in a 1 on 1 >:3 (Just kidding)
      Still, it sucks, and I do wish that something could be done.
    • JesterTheSheep wrote:

Spiffolo wrote:

-low brow insult
      Oof. I can relate to this. I remember once, I was playing as Poland, and I invaded Italy through my right of way with Germany (No, I did not survive) and actually did a pretty good job for a while. I actually would have won, had Spain not decided to steal my kill and then invade me next. Still, every province I got closer to his capital, and every day I'd open up my mailbox, and what did I find?"Lol, ur a failure"
      "get a job"
      "quit the game"
      etc etc etc.
      EVERY
      SINGLE
      DAY.
      Finally, the dude went inactive, and I didn't have to listen to him insult me around the clock.

The truth is, it happens sometimes. Ban them all you want, complain, report, really it makes no difference. Call of War is an online game, and online games will always have people who genuinely suck. (Morally, at least) The best thing you can do is forget about them. Or, alternatively, write down their username and get some sweet revenge in a 1 on 1 >:3 (Just kidding)
      Every day? I give my condolences that you have to face that nuisance every day until the day he went inactive.
      "Overly complicated operations right now are overrated. Head in straight on and you'll win. Just grow some balls."
    • BMfox wrote:

Spiffolo wrote:

alliance memeber that join 2 or 3 different coalition and clearly sway the war in such a way that they only will gain and survive
      Well if you are invited in a coalition why not? It's the leader of the coalition that should do his homework.
      yes, absolutely he should have triple check who was joining... but when done on purpose(to have an advantage) and when made notice to other player it paints a target on your head from this alliance(the coalition ditch him or they clearly deny it pretending they will not help each other.... even tho they do) and they dog pile on you to make it clear of their intention, thats the thing which pisses me off. bytro is trying to reduce the backstabbing(removed map sharing between alliances) if you do it on purpose to easily win its annoying(the joining part, not the backstabbing.... that is a cheap strategy but its still a strategy :thumbsup: )
      You merely adopted the shitposting. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see a proper post until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but blinding!
    • micons wrote:

JesterTheSheep wrote:

Spiffolo wrote:

-low brow insult
      Oof. I can relate to this. I remember once, I was playing as Poland, and I invaded Italy through my right of way with Germany (No, I did not survive) and actually did a pretty good job for a while. I actually would have won, had Spain not decided to steal my kill and then invade me next. Still, every province I got closer to his capital, and every day I'd open up my mailbox, and what did I find?"Lol, ur a failure""get a job"
      "quit the game"
      etc etc etc.
      EVERY
      SINGLE
      DAY.

Every day? I give my condolences that you have to face that nuisance every day until the day he went inactive.
      yeah some are like that.... the report for spamming sometimes gents ignored(at least on the italian server) but yeah, when its clear you are wining and they start with "its just a game, get a life" it makes me boil deep down for the simple fact that they are doing it just becasue on the losing side(until it was all fine and dandy they were playing this game to :rolleyes: )
    • Spiffolo wrote:

yes, absolutely he should have triple check who was joining... but when done on purpose(to have an advantage) and when made notice to other player it paints a target on your head from this alliance(the coalition ditch him or they clearly deny it pretending they will not help each other.... even tho they do) and they dog pile on you to make it clear of their intention, thats the thing which pisses me off. bytro is trying to reduce the backstabbing(removed map sharing between alliances) if you do it on purpose to easily win its annoying(the joining part, not the backstabbing.... that is a cheap strategy but its still a strategy :thumbsup: )
      There's no rules in love and war ;)
      BMfox