What was the largest empire in history ?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• comrade dave wrote:

The Spanish conquest of South America was an intriguing subject for me at school. As a Brit though I always liked how the Royal navy raiding the gold convoys returning to Spain. Sorry :P

In England they were well

"Los cobardes agonizan muchas veces antes de morir...los valientes no se dan ni cuenta de su muerte" Julio César.
      "En la guerra los acontecimientos importantes son el resultado de causas triviales" Julio César.
      "Que me odien con tal de que me teman" Calígula
    • I voted for the British as being the "correct" answer in terms of physical size.

But the reality is that there is no right answer. Each major empire is the biggest for it's era and represents a majority of all sociological and technological innovation and growth.

The Roman empire was the biggest at it's height. The Incas were the largest at their height. But as a percentage of all humanity under one banner, there is only one empire that can be the true winner. About 4000 years ago, the entire human race was at one time under King Nimrod who ruled the world from the city of Babel on the plain of Shinar. No other person has every been king or otherwise over the entirety of humanity and none will ever again until the return of Jesus Christ to rule over the whole earth.
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • you guys use waaaaayyyyy too many wikipedia links lol
      "You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something, sometime in your life" -Winston Churchill

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
      -Napoleon Bonaparte

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the Bible says love your enemy"
      -Frank Sinatra

"The last man who attacked me lived a half-life, so comrade come at me"
      -ERB Putin

Your friendly neighborhood War enthusiast,
      CrimsonKing :thumbsup: :beer: :evil:
    • The Huns were a mix of people. Mostly Turkish, but later Germans, Slavs, and a few Mongols. Mongols were Mongols. They originated in Mongolia. As the Mongols expanded, they added Turks and Slavs to their army. Very similar, but different origins.
      "You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something, sometime in your life" -Winston Churchill

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
      -Napoleon Bonaparte

"Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the Bible says love your enemy"
      -Frank Sinatra

"The last man who attacked me lived a half-life, so comrade come at me"
      -ERB Putin

Your friendly neighborhood War enthusiast,
      CrimsonKing :thumbsup: :beer: :evil: