How To Get Started as Tibet

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How To Get Started as Tibet

Tibet is, by far, one of the hardest countries to play as on the 25 player historically accurate map. You have very little food, very little oil, a small handful of goods and steel, and way too much rare materials.

Not only that, but you're completely landlocked and surrounded by countries that can kill you in their sleep. India, Xingjiang, China and the U.K. Just to name a few.

So, how can you turn this around?

How can you make a comeback and become a world superpower? How can you win as Tibet? Now, I've played as Tibet many, many times. I know all the ins and outs of this mountainous, starving country. As such, I have worked on the perfect way to gain some serious ground as Tibet.

My solution? Commandos.

Commandos have double strength in mountain terrain, making them deadly to infantry and tanks alike, who both lack this crucial advantage. Commandos are pricy, and can only be built in the capital, but it's worth it: your foes will think twice about invading you.

So, how do you get commandos? Well, for starters, upgrade your barracks in Lhasa to level 2. Immediately start researching infantry, then level 2 infantry, and then commandos. DO NOT BUILD TANKS, but have the research on hand. Same thing for boats. Build some tactical bombers, or interceptors if you're really broke. Invade Nepal, then Bhutan, and then turn your guns to China.

By now, about day 5-6, one of two things will have happened: A, China has been invaded by Japan, or B, China is still whole. If A, focus on Xingjiang instead, which is a much softer target. If B, take a chance, and invade China.

From here, you're on your own: hope this tutorial was at all helpful for the people playing as Tibet for the first time!
    • commandos work well, diplomacy works even better, while I played Tibet I made friends with china and british india, and toegether we invaded the soviets, the tanks and planes bit I agree with, I ended the game with -100 food and oil which kinda screwed me
      FUNGUS! *CLAP CLAP CLAP* FUNGUS! *CLAP CLAP CLAP* FUNGUS!!!!
    • My guide to attacking Tibet:
      Attack as a stronger country. Smash into them in the early stages, very few people have the skill to play Tibet and win.
      ( I like to be concise ;)
      General Nightman

Retired Hero

"War is fought in three ways. Helping your enemy to lose, helping your allies to victory or helping yourself to win. Any way you take it, you are always helping someone."
    • attacker101 wrote:

nice guide! Tibet is one of the few countries I haven't played as on the 25 round but I will keep this in mind.
      Most people go inactive when playing as Tibet, which is a shame really, because it has a lot of potential: one more industrial complex than Mongolia, more mountainous terrain than most other countries you can play as, and it's only a stone's throw to the ocean if you want a navy. Tibet is often referred to as a "last resort" country. I picked it willingly when there were 3 players at the time of map creation.