Research building and resource ideas

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Research building and resource ideas

instead of having your research tree where you can upgrade lets say light medium and heavy tanks you should remove the upgrading part of the research tree and make it where you can build different type of heavy tanks like i would like to build a tiger tank and later on in the game research and build a couple of tiger 2 and if i dont have enough resources to keep building tiger 2 then i can build tigers instead like different classes of battleships destroyers cruisers and subs and have different icons for the different classes of these units. it would be great to tear down buildings in resource empty provinces but it could cost lots to do and also instead of having instant resource trading make it where you have to travel with a convoy to the buyer and in order to get the resources it has to reach the capital and someone like Germany could go and sink or steal it it would make the game way more strategic and fun and pls make everyones icon there own like UK France and USA dont have share the same icon its kinda lame and pls dont ignore this.
    • Umm_oof wrote:

instead of having your research tree where you can upgrade lets say light medium and heavy tanks you should remove the upgrading part of the research tree and make it where you can build different type of heavy tanks like i would like to build a tiger tank and later on in the game research and build a couple of tiger 2 and if i dont have enough resources to keep building tiger 2 then i can build tigers instead like different classes of battleships destroyers cruisers and subs and have different icons for the different classes of these units.
      This part is already in the game.

As for the trade system thing, I think it sounds like a good idea, but practically it would be really difficult and trading with anyone you don't share a border with would be practically impossible.
    • atreas1 wrote:

That would in fact be a way to bypass the SBDE restriction, which I know it is not desirable. By that method you could have 5 tacs Lvl4 and 5 tacs Lvl3 in a stack that would operate with 100% SBDE.
      That is a brilliant idea. I may just have to try that with an ally sometime.
      General Nightman

Retired Hero

"War is fought in three ways. Helping your enemy to lose, helping your allies to victory or helping yourself to win. Any way you take it, you are always helping someone."
    • I am absolutely confused on the topic as your level of grammar is beyond terrible.
      The only part i got is the trade system, i dont agree with it, because those are trading civilian ships they arent protected by arms and a simple Interceptor could make a massacre in the ocean.
    • Umm_oof wrote:

the whole first part i was trying to say add the war thunder tech tree in call of war and take out the upgrading part im not sure if you'll understand it and ik my grammar is beyond crap so o well

The War Thunder tech tree is designed for an entirely different game. Some tanks and planes have very little and very specific differences from each other, things like faster turn speed of planes and faster rotation of a tank turret. Keep in mind that each "tank" or "plane" you make in call of war is actually a squadron or large number of unit working together. An infantry unit is 1000 soldiers for example, so tiny upgrades like these are not going to make any difference in the grand scheme of things.
    • Though upgrading your units is very important as it gives you an extra advantage against an enemy that doesn't. For example if your artillery has an update it gets a bigger range. This means that you can attack without being counter attacked because the enemy has a smaller range. Same goes for tactical bombers, they get a bigger range as well.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • It would indeed be much better if your existing units didn't automatically upgrade when you researched a new level. You should have to pay resources if you want to upgrade an existing unit (maybe additionally add an "upgrade all" button that costs more if you already have more units of that type and/or these are several levels behind your state of research).

This would make the now common strategy of hyper-focusing on a few unit types and researching these to the limit while fully neglecting others less rewarding (although the research balancing update has already very much improved the situation a lot in this respect).
      Also would be more realistic - of course old machines didn't turn into new ones by magic the moment a nation achieves new technology know-how.

But that's not an easy change:
      * Firstly, as atreas1 already remarked, SBDE calculation would have to modified. Every unit of the same type in a stack would have to count for SBDE, regardless of its level.

* Secondly, the display of a stack that contains units of same type but different level would have to be adapted. For example like this - example for a stack with one infantry level 2 and one infantry level 4 (please excuse German texts):

(transparency in the stripes for unit levels that some, but not all contained units of that type have reached)

And unit detail view (places with changes in orange boxes):

Thirdly, an upgrade button would have to be added and calculation how much resources it would cost for the selected stack.