Border police

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Border police

Can and idea of Border Policemen be implied in the game? It would be a very weak unit, would use not much manpower but the purpose would be for anti-spy activities (because the counter-spies seem to not work) and to alarm me about the suprise wars. They would aswell be able to see further from the border, so you would know a enemy unit is approaching when they be maybe 5km from the border so you can be ready for the „suprise".
    • Newbss wrote:

Like a Militia unit ? Which you can put exactly at the border, to see further inland ? Maybe ?
      As soon as i recommend a unit, like guerrillas, or in this case border police, i get hit with the classic „ a militia already exists" reference.
      The main point of this is that it is a anti-spy unit, which can be used with counter-espionage spys aswell, and FYI militia needs to be researched and takes 10+ hours to make, while this thing could be made faster and cheaper. I really dont understand the obsession with militias.
    • Neither do I , never research them. But they use the purpose you described, I don't think that 10h research in a game that takes this long is such a bad timeline . Again, you can move them from the core directly to the border to see more. As for the spy activity I can give you THE BEST counter to any spies. In my opinion to have a unit that servers as 007 James Bond is not accurate and pretty much not in the guidelines of this game, there isn't any unit that is "legend( a unit that gives you info where the spies are and when enemies are moving )".

Now to solve your spies issues, now there are more players that use the tactic 2intel 5 sabotage on core province without any buildings to maximize their results and to make sure they don't get counter. I made a antispy strategy. Make barracks lvl 1 on all provinces and then disable it. When they try to spy you you will know ALL the time where his spies are and counter with 5 of yours next day.

Not sure if you understood but I like to smoke and play the game ;)
    • Newbss wrote:

Neither do I , never research them. But they use the purpose you described, I don't think that 10h research in a game that takes this long is such a bad timeline . Again, you can move them from the core directly to the border to see more. As for the spy activity I can give you THE BEST counter to any spies. In my opinion to have a unit that servers as 007 James Bond is not accurate and pretty much not in the guidelines of this game, there isn't any unit that is "legend( a unit that gives you info where the spies are and when enemies are moving )".

Now to solve your spies issues, now there are more players that use the tactic 2intel 5 sabotage on core province without any buildings to maximize their results and to make sure they don't get counter. I made a antispy strategy. Make barracks lvl 1 on all provinces and then disable it. When they try to spy you you will know ALL the time where his spies are and counter with 5 of yours next day.

Not sure if you understood but I like to smoke and play the game ;)
      Never have i ever said that a Border police is equal to a James Bond unit. Bordermen existed in ww2 times and it would make the game more realistic. Done.

Isnt this stupid? Im at the gates of two Bulgarian cities and he doesnt know im there? I could make a much more efficient espionage that way: could send a unit really close to a province, see what he has there and just return back like nothing happened. THAT is my problem. It is literally day 2, he couldnt have the time to make militias and send them to the border anyway. Not just that, but think about the countries like USSR, would he have to build a militia everywhere to keep his borders secure? Well he would enter a food deficite in day 2.
    • You realize you play in a 22map where Bulgaria is not a real player and an AI so he can't act as a real person. As for Russia , the example is not good, any big country has choke spots, safe spots, fortification spots in case they get attacked. Is a risk that we all take , you can't secure all your land and build a trump wall, you get attacked but is a matter of where do I want to take my battles.

Again we got mixed ideas, you say spy and think of a unit that walks around a border , I say spy and think of espionage. The example I gave you earlier with barracks in all provinces and then disabled is not an advice to build militias. Is an advice for espionage and I know who had eyes to read that will learn it and use it in future games.

I don't want to sound classic and would let others join in the subject . Have a great day
    • Newbss wrote:

You realize you play in a 22map where Bulgaria is not a real player and an AI so he can't act as a real person. As for Russia , the example is not good, any big country has choke spots, safe spots, fortification spots in case they get attacked. Is a risk that we all take , you can't secure all your land and build a trump wall, you get attacked but is a matter of where do I want to take my battles.

Again we got mixed ideas, you say spy and think of a unit that walks around a border , I say spy and think of espionage. The example I gave you earlier with barracks in all provinces and then disabled is not an advice to build militias. Is an advice for espionage and I know who had eyes to read that will learn it and use it in future games.

I don't want to sound classic and would let others join in the subject . Have a great day
      Well, spies cant enter a country without going through border control first. That is my point.
      Btw, Russia has border police everywhere believe me, and it purpose is literally for what i said, a police unit that will notify the army when a enemy unit is nearby. The reason why they prefer police over an army is because it is a too big risk to have barracks at the first line of defence.

So now you are saying that the REAL Bulgarian Republic has no border security and you can do what i said before to them without notice? Or it is fine because Bulgaria is AI, right.
      Have a nice day