does manpower damage armys?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• does manpower damage armys?

I am Yugoslavia, I have no provinces left, therefore I have no resources at all, I DO however have 2 armoured cars (lvl 1)
      1 light tank (lvl 1) 2 antitank (lvl 1) 2 artillery (lvl 1) 1 Antiair (lvl 1) and 7 infantry (level 2), im just curious, do my divisions (part of the glorious 1st Yugoslavian red army) take damage because I possess no manpower or oil?

:doof:
      FUNGUS! *CLAP CLAP CLAP* FUNGUS! *CLAP CLAP CLAP* FUNGUS!!!!
    • Shortages of food, manpower, and oil only affect province morale. Your units will be unaffected.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • As far as I can remember >> If the daily upkeep is insufficient or even completely missing the affected units will less or even non heal at the day-change ..
      (that was the way still when I last tested it about two years ago -- but no idea if it has been changed in the meantime)
      .. but since Fungus has no more provinces where his units could heal this doesn't matter in this case anyway .. :00008359:

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D

The post was edited 1 time, last by Restrisiko ().

• Restrisiko wrote:

If the daily upkeep is insufficient or even completely missing the affected units will less or even non heal at the day-change ..
      (that was the way still when I last tested it about two years ago -- but no idea if it has been changed in the meantime)
      That thought did cross my mind, but I have never tested it. Thanks for confirming.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Yeah, but as I said, it's a long time ago now that I had last observed it ..

.. even earlier I saw it several times as a side effect in testing how lack of resources effects provinces
      (from when on, in what daily proportions and at what speed) ..
      .. and later I never found time making separate tests to verify it for sure .. (that's the residual risk -- the Restrisiko) :whistling:

• FUNGUS_TE_FIRST wrote:

thank you a load, I was worrying I might need to retake a provence and perhaps draw more attention to myself
      Summary:
      Without foreign influence and also even without own territory nothing happens to your units.
      However, they will disappear the moment you become inactive.
      (note >> to avoid to become inactive after two days it's not enough to log in only, but an action must done in these time,
      eg give a short marching order to an unit / army.)

.. in particularly favorable circumstances you may later even win the map, if you so long can hide your units in some remote corner from your enemies and at an opportune time come back and capture provinces .. :thumbup:
      .. ideally if all other players have left the map without it's won or ended by vote (which indeed happens sometimes). ^^
      Good luck :thumbsup: