Retirement

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I have a game where the top player in my coalition went inactive right before we would of gotten a coalition win. He has not come back for a few days, and we have no chance at conquering his land even with it in ai control due to the sheer numbers of nukes and troops that he had. If the other player and I were to press retire would it give the win to the coalition or just the one ranked highest., or would it give it to the inactive player? I am ranked 2nd he is ranked 3rd. It is on the world map and we would have to take out our ally that had 1600 points then get another 200 to achieve coalition victory otherwise.
    • The win will be given to the highest ranking player as a solo victory, even when inactive. The other players will get their rewards as stated in the newspaper. You should conquer other lands until you come in first before you retire.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • So the rules on coalitions changed recently, a few months back.

Coalitions are now dominant in matters of winning, and retirement.

This makes for a very murky muddy mess to try and figure out, because everything we used to know has been turned sideways, and I can use words to describe this that may not be as clear as I would like.

FoRsAkEnCaRd wrote:

the top player in my coalition went inactive
      So the AI controlled country should not be in the coalition any longer, correct?

In order to keep this simple:

FoRsAkEnCaRd wrote:

If the other player and I were to press retire would it give the win to the coalition
      If the coalition has more points than any solo player, then yes it should.

Now there is always the possiblity that I misunderstand the situation, no warranty on my advice in this case. :D
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • FoRsAkEnCaRd wrote:

I may have to fight for some land but I don’t like the fact that their are roughly 30 nukes in range of all my land that the ai controls. Most it’s troops are around 2-3 days away last I saw but they’ve probably moved back now.
      I would use military sabotage spies to reveal all armies ..
      .. then, if I see them (know where they are), first strike the Nukes at once with own (lvl 4) rockets, and the rest then is the maybe tedious (but not dangerous) normal tidying up the map -- and in the end there is as compensation the achievement and a higher gold reward ..

.. but before all that I would (if it's possible on the map) kick out the secretly disappeared inactive player so he can not come back suddenly and make some trouble or wants to participate in victory / reward

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • FoRsAkEnCaRd wrote:

I may have to fight for some land but I don’t like the fact that their are roughly 30 nukes in range of all my land that the ai controls. Most it’s troops are around 2-3 days away last I saw but they’ve probably moved back now.
      Of course the AI will disperse forces to try and garrison every single province, rather think in terms of front lines like a player.

I would follow restrisiko's advice, but add: Once you reveal his armies with military sabotage spies, send some of your units to co-locate with the atomic devices while you still have Right of Way. This may be bloody, but it will ensure that those atomic devices remain grounded or at least far away from your main forces.

Of course the AI can't operate atomic bombers very well, but AI reflexes on atomic rockets are quite alarming.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW

• With RoW at the AI you can also very good try to "use" the opposing nuclear weapons (partially) for your own benefit -- position each an artillery just out of reach near the respective air bases ..

.. then, after beginning of the war, let the artillery directly attack the enemy Nukes --
      the attacked Nukes will launch a counterattack against the Arty without consideration of own losses .. :00008185:
      (to avoid your artillery is destroyed instantly by any strong enemy artillery stack near present you maybe reinforce your own Ari by some HP units -- if necessary and if it's worth it)

You could also use airplanes in the past for that, but unfortunately the possibility of attacking planes in the air with rockets was recently removed.
      >> forum.callofwar.com/index.php?thread/25597-bombing-nuclear-rockets <<

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • as restiko said. kick him so he cant get back and complain(or worst use it as a casus belli to just swallow you all and win solo) use ROW placing some units in each of his important region(core especially) or dangerous ones(where the nuclear are) when ready attack and gain 30% of his immediate land, ground his rocket or make it go to waste, make rebel region far way join you when taking out capital and core and from there tied it up.... its tedious but better then give a goner a solo victory
      You merely adopted the shitposting. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see a proper post until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but blinding!
    • weird... you went to the diplomacy tab, your profile, and a top right there wasnt button to kick inactive?

report the bug i guess. then you just have to do as said above and run the risk of him come back online :huh:
      You merely adopted the shitposting. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see a proper post until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but blinding!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Spiffolo ().

• It isn’t possible to kick inactives from system generated games, even if you are the admin

VorlonFCW

• VorlonFCW wrote:

It isn’t possible to kick inactives from system generated games, even if you are the admin
      oh.... i swear i did that in some 22. maybe wasnt system made and i havent notice 8|

well then forsakecared start placing and clear it :thumbsup: