Resupplying Troops

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Resupplying Troops

So i was thinking of ways to get your troops to replenish their health faster after battles instead of using methods like gold and waiting for day change and i came up with this idea.

So basically i thought of implementing a resupply feature that would take goods, food, and money (possibly metal and oil for armored units) to replenish the group of unit's health over a span of time and in the span of time they can't be controlled and are vulnerable to attack by enemy units. The resupply cost can vary based on how big the army group is and how bad they are damaged.

Thought it would be a good way to keep your units healthy without having to wait days for them to be useful again in combat.
    • Before spending resources to regenerate units I think it would be much more efficient in the long run to recruit new units instead, increases the base strength of the armed forces.

Chuck wrote:

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • scuffed wrote:

So i was thinking of ways to get your troops to replenish their health faster after battles instead of using methods like gold and waiting for day change and i came up with this idea.

So basically i thought of implementing a resupply feature that would take goods, food, and money (possibly metal and oil for armored units) to replenish the group of unit's health over a span of time and in the span of time they can't be controlled and are vulnerable to attack by enemy units. The resupply cost can vary based on how big the army group is and how bad they are damaged.

Thought it would be a good way to keep your units healthy without having to wait days for them to be useful again in combat.
      Similar options has been proposed many times in many variants, but my opinion is that an option for faster unit regeneration is, for this game, a good idea only at first glance ..
      (experienced / better players do not need such an option anyway and inexperienced / worse ones, who would probably want something like that, would have even more disadvantages / problems than before)
      .. suffering as little or at least less own losses as your counterpart is part of a successful strategy and possibly one of the last direct challenges in this game.

However, if you could regenerate units even faster than before, the advantage would be with the already better / superior players anyway, because their units would logically be fully operational again with less effort / cost and even faster than their opponents.

Inexperienced / bad fighters, on the other hand, would be forced by the increased pressure of time to invest resources in regeneration instead of being able to use them in the long term for additional and possibly stronger units or for needed buildings.

So it would not only make the game faster, but means another step away from a long-term strategy game to a fast action shooter, what not everyone wants ..
      (at most the 24/7-players would of course be happy -- bring in too the also often desired retreat from melee, the disband of units, picking up the non-core-malus .. and they can gamble "Pac-Man-in-WW2-style" around the clock)

.. but also the gap between bad and good players would go even further apart, because for the good / experienced players the game would be even easier, which eventually becomes boring over time, and for worse / inexperienced players it would be even harder and more frustrating.

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • This is why i proposed the idea of making them vulnerable to attack which could mean they can take more damage while resupply and you can't command them while they are resupplying so it offers some risk in doing it so you would have to move them to a safe location further behind the lines giving the enemy a good time to advance and attack then when they are done resupplying you can move the army group back into the frontlines.
    • Make some Tac Bombers, Mech. Infantries with Light Tank support and you will run over your enemies in minutes... i recently learned that Naval forces are very important aswell: I invaded Italy with Turkey very easily, he was a land powerhouse, i decided to bait him to make a D-day style invasion, and my destroyers had very fun time that day... no need for healing, if your troops are exhausted, remeber that in 70% cases (except if you have a 2 front war) it is bad strategy that is the reason for the problem...