Ability to secure warheads, rockets, planes and add them to your arsenal

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Ability to secure warheads, rockets, planes and add them to your arsenal

      It’s most likely been posted before but I’d like the ability to capture enemy rockets, nuclear weapons and planes.

      My vision is;
      you’d need to have researched what you’re trying to capture so you’d know how to operate them.

      You’d need an all infantry unit to repossess them like a special forces squad

      The infantry would need to be a certain level or only commandos could do it.

      If you manage to capture the province with the planes or rockets still stationed there they become yours. If the enemy moves them out in a convoy before you get there or capture it then they remain the enemy’s and carry’s out as normal.

      Or if you can get to a convoy undefended after a 50% morale drop there’s a 50/50 chance for you to claim it or destroy it
    • hakijaa wrote:

      No one is a idiot enough to let a functioning nuke fall into enemy hands. If i was encircled i would pull a COD:MW Al-Asad and go for it cowardly.
      Exactly it would be their loss and easy to avoid but in the rare circumstance that you manage to push forward while they’re offline like I have in a couple of games or they’ve simply given up and don’t care, it’s a shame to have to destroy them when they’re in a province undefended
    • BMfox wrote:

      Dangerous precedent, often AI have rockets when a player turns inactive. I've seen AI spam rockets so you could capture 10 at least sometimes. Wouldn't be fair to other players I imagine.
      alright then skip the instant capture and go to the last part. After you capture the province they rockets, planes etc go into a enemy convoy state and after each one lose 50% morale there’s a 50/50 chance to capture or destroy it
    • Put all your planes 1 by 1 throughout a province and an 'enemy' has a chance to capture each one indivudually with 50% chance. Right now there is a maximum of 10% of your total army that can be passed between players.

      Also, units in convoys are still units, what if they are indeed not in a province center upon capture. I see little use for it. The idea itself is cool, but it does not fit CoW.
    • Edepedable wrote:

      Put all your planes 1 by 1 throughout a province and an 'enemy' has a chance to capture each one indivudually with 50% chance. Right now there is a maximum of 10% of your total army that can be passed between players.

      Also, units in convoys are still units, what if they are indeed not in a province center upon capture. I see little use for it. The idea itself is cool, but it does not fit CoW.
      then a simple solution would be to put a cap on it for example after capturing each unit the odds increase for destroying them

      so after you capture 1 the odds increase by 60% chance to destroy and 40% to capture it
      And so on until you get to 100% chance to destroy

      The odds would then reset at ingame day change or a certain number of hours after 100% has been reached