Nukes makes no damage, why?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Gen.Tetrus wrote:

Like in title - why my nukes makes no visible damage to my enemy?
      I sended 3 bare nukes and one nuke plane no of them makes no damage.
      What is going on?
      That nuclear bombers cause no harm can easily happen ..
      That nuclear rockets cause no harm would be possible at sea, but at land maybe a bug ..
      But >>

Questions:
      Did you send nuclear rockets to a recon image and then possibly have not re-observed the target area and you see still the old recon image? Then you should check (eg by planes) on the target area again, and also check the newspaper ..
      .. and read this post:
      >> callofwar.com/index.php?thread/23843-question-about-shadow-spy-man-intelligence-from <<

Or did you shoot nuclear rockets at moving sea targets?
      Then maybe this post brings light into the dark:
      >> forum.callofwar.com/index.php?thread/25607-nuclear-detonation-radius <<

Or did you send nuclear bombers aginst unit stacks? (no matter where)
      Then read this:

Fighting with planes are always calculated as close combat, meaning attack damage will immediately reduced around the defensive value.

Attacks by nuclear bombers are calculated as close combat too ..
      .. and if the target's overall AntiAir (values of all AA and units with anti-air together) is about 28-30 or higher an attacking A-bomber will do no damge and be shot down ..

So note >> nuclear rockets are better than bombers, they can not be shot down >> but in my opinion even better are instead, because all in all much more efficiently, swarms of level 4 rockets.

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • There have been some bugs with planes and rockets resulting from the newest update.
      I would file a bug report.
      General Nightman

Retired Hero

"War is fought in three ways. Helping your enemy to lose, helping your allies to victory or helping yourself to win. Any way you take it, you are always helping someone."
    • Restrisiko gave all of the options. Let me explain it another way:

Atomic detonations occur a long way from any of your units that can observe the damage. You ALWAYS need to go and see what kind of damage occurred after an atomic detonation with a unit. This is because without a unit there to SEE what is currently happening you are simply looking at the same image as prior to the detonation.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • In the case of a successful nuclear detonation on enemy units, are casualties reported in the newspaper ? If the answer is yes, then it must be that any and all casualty or building damage suffered in the game is reported ( and please ignore the rest of this post ).

If the answer is no, then I propose the following theory, in accordance with Vorlon's explanation :

In order for the newspaper to report casualties, there must be a surviving unit (on either side) which witnessed the event by participating in the combat. Nukes have friendly fire. Therefore, if no unit on either side witnessed and survived the detonation, the casualties are not reported.

However, the confusion lies in whether infrastructure damage will show up on the newspaper following a nuclear blast. My theory is that building damage is publicised in two ways :

1) An enemy unit attacks the location, taking it by ground troops, or bombarding it by land, air or sea. In this case, the attacking forces 'witness' the event and report it to the newspaper.

2) An economic or military saboteur causes damage to buildings. In this case, I am assuming that the buildings themselves report that damage, even if the province is not occupied by any units. I have never experienced a case where due to military or economic sabotage, all buildings in the location have their HP lowered to 0 and are thus destroyed, so I don't know what will happen in that case. I think it is safe to assume that a nuclear blast on any land location is strong enough to completely destroy all buildings in the blast radius. So I'm wondering if building destruction will be reported after a nuclear strike. One reason it indeed will be is that all players can see what buildings exist in a location at anytime - so if something gets completely demolished, it will no longer be visible on the map. In any case, the owner of the territory is always able to see level and HP regardless of how many troops are on location.
      We're always looking for top players to play together and learn from. Apply to Tokugawa Bakufu ( alliance code : KIOTO ) if you are a like-minded individual and wish to improve your game.

Whenever feasible, one should always try to eat the rude.