Subs killing themselves?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Subs killing themselves?

Some strange behavior in the ocean, some Bermuda triangle type stuff with unclickable sea units, I have worked around that in the past but this one is new. Subs killing themselves… likely on a unit that died with a dead country so there is some kind of residual enemy?

Anyway first time noticing but very unfortunate to lose two 100% subs for no reason.

I tried all kinds of orders, re ordering, attacking moving and nothing works they are stuck battling themselves until they apparently die or hopefully kill the phantom. As I don't know the size of the phantom enemy I do not want to stick a bigger unit into limbo so I guess I must let them die... and try to remember to not move in those spaces... :wallbash Game 2,747,036

Sub 1 and 2, sub 2 after recent damage.

:thumbup: :beer: - Living the dream!
    • Greetings General,

Thank you for your report.

This is a known issue and is currently being worked on by the developers.

Enemy submarines are not always becoming visible in combat when they should be. The cause of this is currently under investigation.

We do understand your frustration. Bugs can be difficult to correct, but please know we are doing our best to make the game bug free.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • BMfox wrote:

Subs are invisible to other subs. This means when your sub meets an enemy sub they will engage in combat but you cannot see the opponents unit. Only destroyers and naval bombers can locate subs.
      Not an active sub, when combat ensues it shows the opposing units, this combat does not and I assume it is a phantom sub. BTW destroyers cannot see subs only naval bombers, if destroyers "can see them" I am getting ripped off... They ARE however the best unit to destroy them.

Thanks Vorlon! I sent two DDs at it and am clearing the units a 3rd sub has been captured in this same issue and I am sending DDs to clear the areas around where its happening.

Additionally these actions brought up another medal possibility... Phantom killings, so far I have at least 2 to my count
      ;-P
      :thumbup: :beer: - Living the dream!
    • This is a myth that is likely the most misunderstood part of the game.

I’ll try and explain the way it works with the least confusion possible, but no guarantees on that.

Submarines are naturally invisible

Only the patrol circle of a naval bomber or the actions of spies will reveal submarines.

Destroyers are a good choice for attacking submarines, but they an only see the sub once they collide with it. This is true of all naval units and convoys.

Sometimes it is easier to visualize it as the submarine attacks the ships or convoys that pass overhead.

Normally one submarine will pass another one by if they are both moving even while at war

Once a submarine is engaged in close combat it is visible to the other player and those with share map.

Now to further confuse the issue there is the possibility of fire control by players with high command. In this case a submarine can be set to aggressive fire which will attack other ships and submarines that cross it’s path. Or to hold fire which makes the sub sit on the bottom and not react when a juicy target floats on by, this maintaining the stealth mode.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<