Combat attacking planes with Interceptors

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Combat attacking planes with Interceptors

Just wondering, what is the best way to combat planes that are attacking directly instead of patrolling.

I usually deal with enemies with the patrol feature, whether I'm using Tac Bombers or Interceptors (as do many players), but I was wondering, if I have a force of Interceptors patrolling over a unit which is being attacked by Tactical Bombers, will it do any damage to the bombers? As they only patrol every 15 minutes, and the hit and run style of attacking bombers means they're in and out quick, will I be able to damage the Bombers reliably in this way, or will it only damage the bombers on the off chance that the Bombers are within the patrol range while the Interceptors get off countdown.
    • The enemy bombers that are attacking your ground troops attack in fact all troops in their patrol circle even in attack mode. This means that the attack will be spread over all ground troops and your patrolling interceptors. The enemy bombers will take damage of all the units so your ground troops and interceptors. His attack will be ineffective and he will take a lot of damage. Another good tactic fighting planes in attack mode is patrolling over the airbase he comes from so you can attack when he refuels. While refueling planes only have 25% health so they will take four times more damage then when in air.

A link to an advanced air combat guide: forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…ng-some-in-decent-damage/
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • No Sticky Keys wrote:

if I have a force of Interceptors patrolling over a unit which is being attacked by Tactical Bombers, will it do any damage to the bombers?
      Yes, this is the best approach.

Your interceptors on patrol will defend all of your units within their circle that are attacked from the air.

As a BONUS if the planes doing the direct attack are caught in your interceptors patrol sweep they will get clobbered again.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<