Ideas to new maps

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ideas to new maps

Hi everyone, today I bring more ideas for new maps in CoW. See before: Europe 1940.

We have already some maps like "The Operation Sea Lion", in the British channel, and " The Operation Compass", in the mediterranean stage.

But there are less used, than the normal games, (and more than used to be, the disconnect players affect in a major grade the gameplay).

To motivated to attract the people to play small servers I bring you, one of the most important battle of the WW2:

Pearl Harbor (H*1941)
      Players:
      • Japan
      • United States of America
      • Canada
      • Manchukuo

Non-players:

• Belgium
      • Holand
      • Australia
      • Mongolia
      • Soviet Union

Description:

-Choose one of the sides in the war, and win in the pacific.

- In an Historical game.

-Japan of course is moved by the low quantity of resources, and his ideology to become the Empire of the Rising Sun.

- We recreated the theatre of the Pcific when U.S.A. took part after be attack in Pearl Harbor, so the enemy ( japan) have a lot of troops surrounding Hawai and Alaska.

Battle of Kursk(H*1943)

Players:

• Soviet Union
      • Germany

Non-players:

• Finland
      • Sweden
      • Rumany
      • Hungary
      • Fascist Yugoslavia
      • Slovakia
      Description:

- The biggest tank battle in the whole history. The Germans and the Soviet Union have a lot of troops covering Kursk waiting to the attack order.

.This is the last oportunity to Germany to take back control of the East front, and the last battle to open the door to Berlin for the Soviets. Who will win?

(I know that in that year Leningrade was liberated, and the russians took some lands moving the east front a little to the west, but i can't draw all)

Pacific 1943 (H*10)
      Players:
      • Canada
      • United States of America
      • Mexico
      • Argentina
      • Australia
      • Japan
      • Nacionalist China
      • Mongolia
      • Soviet Union
      • Brasil
      Non-players:
      • New Zeland
      • Chile
      • Bolivia
      • Perú
      • Ecuador
      • Colombia
      • Venezuela
      • Cuba
      • Puerto Rico
      • Panamá
      • Guatemala
      • El Salvador
      • Costa Rica
      • Honduras

The post was edited 3 times, last by Marcos Sicilia ().

• Where would Belgium be in the Pacific? Also, Pearl Harbor was of course based on surprise, so I'm not sure how great the map would be at recreating it, with the US having more than five battleships protecting Hawaii to the two battleships and 6 carriers. The US would know Japan was going to attack, and plan accordingly. Unless the Japanese were insanely smart or the levels on their troops were much higher, it would make it very difficult for the Japanese to gain the upper hand. Possibly a scenario set earlier or later would work, so that it would be better balanced or positioned.

However, a small pacific map would be great.

I honestly know virtually nothing about kursk so I can't comment on that. :P
    • ITSAEROMF wrote:

Where would Belgium be in the Pacific? Also, Pearl Harbor was of course based on surprise, so I'm not sure how great the map would be at recreating it, with the US having more than five battleships protecting Hawaii to the two battleships and 6 carriers. The US would know Japan was going to attack, and plan accordingly. Unless the Japanese were insanely smart or the levels on their troops were much higher, it would make it very difficult for the Japanese to gain the upper hand. Possibly a scenario set earlier or later would work, so that it would be better balanced or positioned.

However, a small pacific map would be great.

I honestly know virtually nothing about kursk so I can't comment on that. :P
      Okey, that's right. But if you see the "Pacific 1943" the troubles can change in the way of, every country could take a good part in the WW2.

The E.E.U.U. can be treathed in a mix attack by Canada and Mexico, (this kind of acts happen in the Historical World 25). The Soviet Union without having worries about the German flank can move his troops to attack Japan, or be attacked by Mongolia, in a desperate of this country to take "easy lands". Australia can be at the same time a headache to the Empire of The Rising Sun, conquering New Zeland for useful resources. Etc.

Being the biggest Nations in the map constantly trethed by the "secondary countries". All of course in an Historical mode.
    • Marco Sicilia wrote:

Battle of Kursk(H*1943)

Players:

• Soviet Union
      • Germany

Non-players:

• Finland
      • Sweden
      • Rumany
      • Hungary
      • Fascist Yugoslavia
      • Slovakia
      Description:

- The biggest tank battle in the whole history. The Germans and the Soviet Union have a lot of troops covering Kursk waiting to the attack order.

.This is the last oportunity to Germany to take back control of the East front, and the last battle to open the door to Berlin for the Soviets. Who will win?

(I know that in that year Leningrade was liberated, and the russians took some lands moving the east front a little to the west, but i can't draw all)

The battle of Kursk, otherwise known as the Kursk Cauldron can be an ideal map. There are already many strategy games that depict this historical event, the largest tank battle ever.

The map should highlight the entirety of Eastern Europe and be focused on the time and place on Kursk, however to have only players Soviet Union and Germany as belligerents comes to be limited.
      The eastern European theatre engaged many other nations as proponents to efforts on the Eastern front.

The battle for Stalingrad should be where this campaign begins and be called eastern front WW2. The entire map is solely Eastern front. Rather than nations, there are army groups and include nations besides Germany that were also involved as the grinders pushed east.

Troop commitments, legions & air force on eastern front included:
      (These should probably be AI players but would be good to include them)

Croatia/Yugoslavia

Romania

Italy

France

Spain

If a map was to depict one battle solely it could only interest two players, I think that the point of histoy is a top choice, but it should be considered as an Eastern EU frontier and will be up to human players to determine how a major battle should come about. This would mean more human players and better scenarios.

Alternatively:::

Italy, the time of the battle of Monte Cassino

Soviet - Finnish war..the Winter war (Finland won at 10 to 1 against them, 200,000 Soviets were slaughtered)

Southern Africa Bush War, (about the time of Operation Dingo Firestorm)

ALSO:::

GETTYSBURG. Civil War America map.

OR

NAPOLEON - The Napoleonic Wars
      Images
      • ergergerg.jpg

37.3 kB, 268×360, viewed 31 times
    • bigboss_ironfist wrote:

Marco Sicilia wrote:

Battle of Kursk(H*1943)

Players:

• Soviet Union
      • Germany

Non-players:

• Finland
      • Sweden
      • Rumany
      • Hungary
      • Fascist Yugoslavia
      • Slovakia
      Description:

The battle of Kursk, otherwise known as the Kursk Cauldron can be an ideal map. There are already many strategy games that depict this historical event, the largest tank battle ever.

The map should highlight the entirety of Eastern Europe and be focused on the time and place on Kursk, however to have only players Soviet Union and Germany as belligerents comes to be limited.
      The eastern European theatre engaged many other nations as proponents to efforts on the Eastern front.

The battle for Stalingrad should be where this campaign begins and be called eastern front WW2. The entire map is solely Eastern front. Rather than nations, there are army groups and include nations besides Germany that were also involved as the grinders pushed east.

Troop commitments, legions & air force on eastern front included:
      (These should probably be AI players but would be good to include them)

Croatia/Yugoslavia

Romania

Italy

France

Spain

If a map was to depict one battle solely it could only interest two players, I think that the point of histoy is a top choice, but it should be considered as an Eastern EU frontier and will be up to human players to determine how a major battle should come about. This would mean more human players and better scenarios.

Alternatively:::

Italy, the time of the battle of Monte Cassino

Soviet - Finnish war..the Winter war (Finland won at 10 to 1 against them, 200,000 Soviets were slaughtered)

Southern Africa Bush War, (about the time of Operation Dingo Firestorm)

ALSO:::

GETTYSBURG. Civil War America map.

OR

NAPOLEON - The Napoleonic Wars
      Some of what you suggest I have put on:
      What do you think about made a 1940 map?
    • I got a new map idea too, it’s the artic map.
      To the map is about Russia an and Canada fighting over artic sea control
      And the map will square shaped with Russian Siberia In the left and Canada In the right
      Each country will spawn with 3 cities only.

Russia spawn with 5 infantry and 5 destroyer ( navy)
      Canada spawn with 5 milita and 5 submarines (navy)

Playable countries:
      Russia
      Canada

Unplayable countries:
      Alaska
      Greenland
    • Khabarovsk krai wrote:

I got a new map idea too, it’s the artic map.
      To the map is about Russia an and Canada fighting over artic sea control
      And the map will square shaped with Russian Siberia In the left and Canada In the right
      Each country will spawn with 3 cities only.

Russia spawn with 5 infantry and 5 destroyer ( navy)
      Canada spawn with 5 milita and 5 submarines (navy)

Playable countries:
      Russia
      Canada

Unplayable countries:
      Alaska
      Greenland
      Thats it?? You need way more units and to guard your front. Perhaps like infantry for everyone.
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • i really like the idea of having a 1v1 eastern front map rather than relying on your random teamates to be good army groups like other maps are. And the pacific 2v2 would be fun as well.

and for the people that wonder why belgium and netherlands would be in a pacific game, its because of their pacific coloinies such as the dutch east indies.