Paratrooper Reload

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Paratrooper Reload

I was glad to see Paratroopers added to the game, but then a little flumoxed with the fact that they were a one use unit...

That makes literally no sense. Paratroopers made many jumps in WWII, across multiple campaigns.

I propose that if you can say move the paratrooper to a T3 airfield it can then be given the option to repack its gear for transport as an aircraft again. Essentially like an embarkation timer. Heck make it 24hours and requiring a T3 airfield, maybe coast 1000 supplies, or a percentage of 1000 based on unit health, to show the need to resupply the unit with the necessary gear to make a new jump.

I also dont feel that limiting production to the capital is prudent. I know have to choose between commandos or paratroopers... Besides logistical gains of the use of paratroopers, I will almost always choose to be producing commandos over jumpers. Railguns require T3 infrastructure, Jumpers should require T3 airfields and nothing more. I pretty much tried paratroopers once but have not used them since because limiting them to the capital is way too restrictive especially since its a one off unit anyways.
    • the only reason commandos and paratroopers have to be trained in the capital ( my opinion) is because if you produce commandos anywhere with all the required buildings except the capital, what would you do? you would make armys of them, having them produced in the capital limits them, and therefore forces you to be strategic when you use them, eg: you don't send 10 commandos on their own on day 12 or so, that would be quite powerful on its own, along with the tanks/artillery/planes you would already have,

please remember that this is my opinion
      FUNGUS! *CLAP CLAP CLAP* FUNGUS! *CLAP CLAP CLAP* FUNGUS!!!!
    • Oh I realize that with commandos, thats why that was not a part of my suggestion. Keep commando production to a capital, but having both commandos and paratroopers makes you ahve to choose between the two. We can all agree that commandos are hands down stronger, the strategic benefit of having a one time logistical bonus is not worth halting commando production for an ultimately worse unit.

Maybe if Paratroopers had the same stats as your current infantry tech, but were an upgrade done to infantry at a T3 airfield?

I just really want to be using paratroopers, but its never prudent to. Thus I just dont tech into them anymore.
    • First game of producing paras. So far I have found them not worth it.
      "Es gibt keine verzweifelten Lagen, es gibt nur verzweifelte Menschen" - There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.
      General Heinz Guderian (Schneller Heinz)

Kenny says - You've got to know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em, Know when to walk away And know when to run
    • I feel like having them only in the capital and one time use is a good balancing technique.

Let me put it this way.

Imagine if you could build your paras anywhere, as long as it had barracks, and IC and a lv. 3 air base. they would become a very easy unit to spam and make the game very unfair. If you could make them anywhere, than you could make 4 paratroops at one time (considering you start with 4 cities and build barracks and sir bases in each of them). This makes them very unfair that now you can land an entire stack of 4 paras in 1 province and take it over.

and now, you can fly them on multiple trips. this makes it even more unfair saying that you can attack a province, than re-fly them and attack another one and so on. this means you can capture several strategic places on one trip without having to buy or make more. I say only letting you fly them once and building one at a time is a huge thing to be thankful for.
      FORUM GANG WARRANT OFFICER
      "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
      KNOW THE RULES!
      Call of War Game Rules
      Call of War Forum Rules
      Terms of Service

attacker 101
      Call of War Player
      EN Server | Bytro Labs Gmbh
    • attacker101 wrote:

I feel like having them only in the capital and one time use is a good balancing technique.

Let me put it this way.

Imagine if you could build your paras anywhere, as long as it had barracks, and IC and a lv. 3 air base. they would become a very easy unit to spam and make the game very unfair. If you could make them anywhere, than you could make 4 paratroops at one time (considering you start with 4 cities and build barracks and sir bases in each of them). This makes them very unfair that now you can land an entire stack of 4 paras in 1 province and take it over.

and now, you can fly them on multiple trips. this makes it even more unfair saying that you can attack a province, than re-fly them and attack another one and so on. this means you can capture several strategic places on one trip without having to buy or make more. I say only letting you fly them once and building one at a time is a huge thing to be thankful for.

There would be a cost associated with repacking the para. Early game thats not something you can abuse, first off the time and resource constraint on getting a T3 airfield is pretty high, and the paratroopers themselves cost 2500 combined resources more than a simple infantry unit. I would like to see a player have lvl 3 airfields plus have been upgrading the IC to then be able to produce 4 paras at a time by the 4th in game day on 4 different territories WHILE also expanding and upgrading the rest of their country appropriately.. Thats not something that is spammabale that early.

LT are less than half the supplies requirement and thus easier to spam early, a para trooper being deep in supplies, steel, and oil reqs makes it very prohibitive early, especially if a lot of those resources went into just getting the production ability to have paras. To spam on the level you are talking about requires a much larger much more established country. If your strategy can afford to "repack" their troopers after every campaign then you should benefit from that ability, but its definitely not spammable since I proposed a 24hr flat repacking time. You can literally only use the unit once every other day.

The paratrooper should be dealt with the same way the railrun gun is. Allowed to be spammed , but in the case of the railroad gun, its freaking slower than militia, giving it a much lower spammability due to its logistical constraints. I think the paratrooper will have large enough drawbacks that deter its ability to be spammed and abused early.

Key thing being that it sharing a production point with commandos, but not having the strength of commandos largely means that the only time you would prefer to be building paratroopers is in extremely limited scenarios. Otherwise why ever waste the resources on even teching into the troopers when they will just be competing with a production space? At that point the tech cost is literally wasted resources.
    • My opinion that paratroopers arent woth it at all, and i think the mass production of them wouldnt change this fact. The reason is why i hate them because they cant moove after the droop and literaly 1 tactical bomber can destroy it within a hour. And you have to wait ca 10 day to produce 5-6 of them. When they are done, you finaly can attack a strategic location with them to hold it for a short time until an enemy rocket or plane destroy them. Honestly i didnt seen any succesfull paratrooper attack yet.

I think the following thing can change the situation
      you can produce paratroopers anywhere, hwere is a
      - lvl2 barack
      - lvl2 airport
      - lvl1 industry
      between this circumtances the paratroopers still not worth it i guess, but sometimes you will suspend your airplane production
    • In my opinion, paratroopers are well modelled and "almost" well balanced (with which I mean another small buff would be appropriate, but only a small one).
      Yet previous speakers are right if they say no intelligent player ever builds them with the purpose of winning. That's because commandos are always the better choice.
      Consequently, before thinking about perfectioning paras, the irrational superpowers of commandos as a front-line unit should be taken away from them. See for example --> this thread <--.
    • Hans A. Pils wrote:

Yet previous speakers are right if they say no intelligent player ever builds them with the purpose of winning.
      .. intelligent players have even before release always known that, in this game, paras cant be worth and are not necessary for win .. :rolleyes:
      .. 're just a gimmick :00002508:

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • They sometimes, i.e. in some situations should help to win.
      Like they did in WW2.
      Choice between commandos and paras should be difficult. But as things are now, every intelligent player either decides for commandos (unless he doesn't try to win and is just hanging out casually) or for none of the two.