The Team League July signup

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• EZ Dolittle wrote:

I have a strong dislike for the lack of diplomacy in the game as there are strategic situations where it makes for superior play to have a peace deal with a neighbor.

EZ Dolittle wrote:

You may be running into the tacit understandings to circumvent your stated objective.

On the lack of diplomacy...

I would imagine that you aren't the only one, for I know of at least one participant in this process who also felt the same way. I will simply tell you what I told him: There are many more events coming, of that I guarantee you. One of them, if not more than one, will actively focus on diplomacy as the core to victory.

There will also likely be events that use a more standard "ad hoc" ruleset akin to what you experience every day in non-event Call of War rounds. I even believe we may see a version of the Player's League we all knew and loved brought back, although without the issues that led to it's demise.

The Team League is designed to foster intense and fluid gameplay that makes full use of the CoW tech tree and outstanding tactics and strategies each player will bring to the table, while doing so inside a gold free experience. It was designed from the ground up to remove diplomacy as an option in order to draw out the pure combat aspect of Call of War. In many ways it was thought of as AWC "lite" or an AWC practice grounds/intramural league.

This purist gold free experience is something I know is greatly desired by the players. Just the love of the game, the units, the tactics, the strategies.. dive into the moment of 1939 when each nation depended on the decisions of of it's leaders. Nothing to get in the way of the pure enjoyment of the game.

----------------------------------------------

As for tacit understandings...

I think you will find the Rulebook deals with that in a finite way. Any cooperation between teams, including NAPs, Right of Way, Share Map, or Share Intel would lead to an immediate disqualification. Certainly not worth the risk, especially with the double cross option in place.
      "Flesh grows weak. Steel becomes brittle. But the will is indomitable." - the RIDDLE OF STEEL
    • We do currently have a few teams that are not complete, and the promise of another one or two that have not yet signed up yet.

In order to move this along, we will start one map on schedule today, within the hour unless something comes up, with 8 teams that are ready. I did have to pick a few that are ready to delay until the second group which I plan to start tomorrow at this time:

These teams will start today:

BLU man crew
      Barbarians
      Overlord
      Bunga Bunga
      Japanese donuts with a hole
      Northern Lights HQ
      Make it Easy
      UAFX Grim Reapers

Team leaders expect to be added to a conversation within 30 minutes with details.

Other teams plan on starting approximately 24 hours from now.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • As it stands right now, we have a couple teams that are incomplete for the game starting tomorrow. This game will start in approximately 22 hours, so please get your teams together.

Team: The Kings
      Leader @haidang2014
      Possible players: @unpredictabl @Crazy__Greek, and one more needed. Anyone else without a team?

Team: Russian Bears:
      Leader: @kir79

Team: Lawst
      Leader: Aamo_

And we have the following complete teams:

Team: Untouchable
      Leader: Newbss

Team: AE2
      Leader: Mandurah

Team: Grand
      Leader: Grandpooba52

Team: New World Order Empire
      Leader: YurgaJurga

This leaves us with one definite opening for another team. And if we have any single players who want to be available to complete the team: The Kings, or fill any other openings, please post here.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW

• Team:Polish Army of Titans
      Players:
      1. PawelXD4
      2. J2223
      3. LOL10522
      4. Filip020

Pozdrawiam IwanGrozny1968 Lider sojuszu PATT

Decydując się na Sojusz - Koalicję, masz zobowiązania, pomagać sojusznikowi militarnie i ekonomicznie. Grać z Honorem i do końca. Ramię, w ramię z sojusznikami nawet gdy sojusz przegrywa.!!!

IwnaGrozny1968

• war-play wrote:

Unfortunately tournament have more bad organisation that Dirty Dozen.
      So 5 hours into the tournament and you already insult the staff? Are you afraid of not getting a chance to insult us later? Or simply afraid of not getting the first opportunity?

If you wish to withdraw from the tournament that can be arranged.

VorlonFCW

• Zimny Kuba wrote:

Too fast to launch the map, it should be on the forum for 24 hours to inform that the map starts on Tuesday at 17:00, then all potential players would have time to read this information and would be ready to punch the map
      I posted precisely 18 hours before the map was started that the map would start in 18 hours. I apologize that it was not the 24 hours that you expected.

In addition the thread that you signed up on specified July first as the starting day, which it today. Had I then said that the map would start tomorrow then people would be upset by that as well.

VorlonFCW

• Zimny Kuba wrote:

Too fast to launch the map, it should be on the forum for 24 hours to inform that the map starts on Tuesday at 17:00, then all potential players would have time to read this information and would be ready to punch the map

The announcement for The Team League has been up since Wednesday.
      "Flesh grows weak. Steel becomes brittle. But the will is indomitable." - the RIDDLE OF STEEL
    • Bobishunting[AE2] wrote:

AE 2 here wondering when the game will start and what time zone
      You are in the second group. Second group map starts in approximately 14 hours, as I posted earlier:

VorlonFCW wrote:

As it stands right now, we have a couple teams that are incomplete for the game starting tomorrow. This game will start in approximately 22 hours, so please get your teams together.

Team: The Kings
      Leader @haidang2014
      Possible players: @unpredictabl @Crazy__Greek, and one more needed. Anyone else without a team?

Team: Russian Bears:
      Leader: @kir79

Team: Lawst
      Leader: Aamo_

And we have the following complete teams:

Team: Untouchable
      Leader: Newbss

Team: AE2
      Leader: Mandurah

Team: Grand
      Leader: Grandpooba52

Team: New World Order Empire
      Leader: YurgaJurga
      plus the two teams that signed up this afternoon
      Play4Fun
      and
      PATT

VorlonFCW

• For those that were not ready for July 1, I have created a countdown to the start of the August 1 match of The Team League. You have 30 days to prepare, Don't be late:

timeanddate.com/countdown/to?i…t+Map+Start&font=sanserif

VorlonFCW

• I have posted the team assignments to the forum conversation.

The game will be created within the hour and the game ID and password will be posted there at that time.

Unfortunately without a team from Russian bears we are short one team currently. We could allow a late entry if a team wishes to sign up.

VorlonFCW