RESEARCH BALANCING UPDATE

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• RESEARCH BALANCING UPDATE

HERE BELOW I HAVE ATTACHED A LIST OF THE RECENT UPDATES. Anyone else concerned about these massive changes...let it be know in this forum.

In my opinion these changes are too drastic on terms of COW game-play, I think that the half rate research is only narrowly acceptable, notwithstanding the fact that the alternative food cost is perturbed...
      The infrastructure and Naval yards build time and those costs incurred are not in the better standards of COW strategy. I would hope that these changes are not synonymous to the paratrooper introduction, this unit type is completely overrated on terms of COW.

RESEARCH BALANCING UPDATE JUNE 25 2019

Research is available earlier
      We want all players to be able to take advantage of as many units as possible. At the moment many iconic units can only be researched in the later stages of a game round. To give more players access to these units we are moving the day on which they are available for research to an earlier stage of the game. On average research time is being cut in half. Currently certain units can’t be researched until day 44. With the new changes you will be able to start researching those units on day 22 or even earlier.

Adjustment of research time
      We are also adjusting the pacing of research in Call of War. This means that early research levels can be completed much faster, while later research levels will take much longer to complete. This adjustment will allow you to adapt your strategy much faster in case your opponents catch you off guard. Overall research will be more flexible than ever before.

Costs reflect research pacing
      We are also adjusting the resource costs of research. With the new update costs will reflect research pacing. The more time it takes to finalize research on a technology, the higher the costs. While costs for early stages of research are cheaper than before, the more sophisticated technologies will need more time and therefore more resources to complete.

Goods are replaced by food
      In tandem with the pacing adjustments we are also replacing all goods needed by research with food. We are doing this to better reflect the effort it takes to conduct research with gameplay mechanics. While food became important in later stages of a game round, players experienced a large surplus of food during earlier stages of the game. This change will give players means to invest the food they otherwise do not use.

Reduced construction time
      Last but not least we reduced early construction times to support the increased research speed! For Infrastructure level 1 you will now only need 4 hours to complete construction, instead of the previous 24h. Air Bases level 1 will be completed within 8h instead of the previous 18h. To make the fast construction speed balanced we reduced the hitpoints of Infrastructure, Air Base, Barracks and Naval Base to 5, and reduced their economic ranking factors to 5 as well. We also changed the minimum condition at which Airbases and Infrastructures on level 1 become functioning to 5 out of 5 hitpoints.

General Balancing Changes:

• We increased Nuclear Rocket costs: Rare Material from 10,000 to 15,000 and Money from 30,000 to 35,000.
      • We normalized province resource consumption: Lowered Food consumption and raised Goods consumption.
      • We increased damage scaling per level of Anti Air. Old air damage levels: 5/6/7/8/10/12. New air damage levels: 5/6.5/8/9.5/11.5/14.
      • We increased damage scaling per level of Motorized Anti Air. Old air damage levels: 6/7.5/9/11/13. New air damage levels: 6.5/8/9.5/12/14.5.
      • We increased Research speed-up cost for 12h from 1,700 to 2,500 gold.
      • We increased Paratrooper range levels: Old range levels: 250/275/300/325. New range levels: 275/300/350/400.
      • We decreased Paratrooper production costs: Food from 1,000 to 500, Goods from 2,000 to 1,750, Manpower from 1,500 to 1,300.
      • We decreased production time of Paratrooper from 48h to 32h.
      • We decreased attacking damage of Mechanized Infantry against unarmored units from 7.5/8/8.5/8.75/9/9.5 to 6/7/8/8.5/9/9.5. Defending values are 50% higher.
      • We decreased attacked damage of Mechanized Infantry against armored units from 3.5/3.75/4/4.25/4.5/4.75 to 2/2.5/3/3.5/4/4.5. Defending values are 50% higher.

:evil:

The post was edited 1 time, last by bigboss_ironfist ().

• I honestly like the new update (which widens the list of things I like that everyone else hates :tumbleweed: ). I love how fast it is and I love the challenge of keeping up with my research. I think it introduces a new Era to CoW and changes a lot of peoples strategy but opens up a lot more strategy's which is what I love
      FORUM GANG WARRANT OFFICER
      "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
      KNOW THE RULES!
      Call of War Game Rules
      Call of War Forum Rules
      Terms of Service

attacker 101
      Call of War Player
      EN Server | Bytro Labs Gmbh