New Unit: Marines

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New Unit: Marines

The 1st Marine Division was activated aboard the USS Texas on 1 February 1941 In May 1941, the 1st MARDIV relocated to Quantico, Virginia and Parris Island, South Carolina and in April 1942, the division began deploying to Samoa and Wellington, New Zealand. The division's units were scattered over the Pacific with the support elements and the 1st Marine Regiment transported en route to New Zealand on three ships, the USATsEricsson, Barnett and Elliott from Naval Reserve Air Base Oakland to New Zealand, and later were landed on the island of Guadalcanal, part of the Solomon Islands, on 7 August 1942.

What I propose:

Use it like a real landing infantry unit, changing the acquired models. With a different Ship for the regular troops, and a variant for them, (being automatically embarked); having abilities when they are at sea, and improving his combat stadistics when they are taking a coastal province. Decreasing also, the time that you need to disembark on land.

They would be put on the secret technology, and they would have 3 levels like the paratroops. And they would unlocked when you research the lvl 3 infantry. Having the same stadistics except when they embark.

LvL (X) (embarked): Fighting 0.5 0.2 -- 0.5 0.1
      Defending 0.7 0.3 1.0 0.5 0.1

terrain (sea) -- armored class(ship)--Speed(25km/h)

The most useless condition is the disembark part, because take the seaside in 50% of the time.

• Idea has a good base, but your percepcion of marines is useless in land combat, so imagine invading whole USA, yes it would be good for landing in coastline states but after some time it loses compatibility to tanks and regular infantry. If your response is to produce not-too-much of these units, my answer is that its not worth the research and the time to make only 3-4 of these units.
    • Marines are elite units and would have higher combat capabilities much like Commandos and Paratroops but their raison d'etre is amphibious warfare. It would be appropriate to give them combat bonuses when landing but most importantly a greatly reduced load/unload time.

On some maps with lots of islands this can be very useful.

Most "secret" combat units, except for Commandos, are late game items anyway when you *should* have the resources to spare. Anyway I wouldn't care if I only ever built a few at a time - if it helped me clear all those tiny Pacific islands faster it'd be worth it!
    • Nice idea! That was exactly what I was thinking. I'd think that there should be new terrain called "islands" or "coastlands" in which marines get higher attack values, defense values, HP, and speed. The marines, after exiting these provinces and invade the inland provinces, could have stats a bit better than infantry or just stats a bit weaker than commandos or like paratroopers.
    • Messerschmitt Plane wrote:

Nice idea! That was exactly what I was thinking. I'd think that there should be new terrain called "islands" or "coastlands" in which marines get higher attack values, defense values, HP, and speed. The marines, after exiting these provinces and invade the inland provinces, could have stats a bit better than infantry or just stats a bit weaker than commandos or like paratroopers.
      Surprised that you check things so far ago! :) I see that you referred to here, you might want to copy and paste the link in your post there.
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader