Biggest Surprise While Taking Over an AI managed country

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Biggest Surprise While Taking Over an AI managed country

I won last game as Northern US allied in a coalition with Libya and Caucus. The last country was Italy, which was abandoned by its human player, and it was now AI managed. If we took Italy, our coalition would reach 721 points in the tutorial map and win.

We found very little military until I sent two troops to take Marseilles, which was isolated by French territory. I went thru Nice (had pass thru rights) and surprisingly ran into a 20 unit stack. I retreated back to Northern Italy and fortunately I brought in a 16 fighter bomber stack that helped to reduce the threat. I guess that I should have done air recon before I tried to take Marseilles.

What is the Biggest Surprise You ever had While Taking Over an AI managed country?
    • probably when taking over the USSR on a 25 and finding after 5 days of waiting from spies that the country had over 300 units with 66% of them on the Western side where I was attacking from.

I left that map.
      FORUM GANG WARRANT OFFICER
      "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
      KNOW THE RULES!
      Call of War Game Rules
      Call of War Forum Rules
      Terms of Service

attacker 101
      Call of War Player
      EN Server | Bytro Labs Gmbh
    • Wow! ... Would not air recon help a bit to detect units near border, prior to attacking an AI managed country ... That was my mistake on the game referred to above, where I did recon just about everywhere but Marseilles, the town where the enemy army stack was ... (-:
    • Was initially attacking a very large Ma-Clique one time and to my surprise his troops retreated in haste. When I finally caught up with him there was a L5 fortification in the middle of the Tibetan mountains waiting for me. I couldn't even get close to that province. When going through the mountains anything I sent that way was blown up. Sent a couple of planes over and they were gone very quickly. Well, when I finally got a peak inside there were 9 railguns, 15 arty, 10 aa, 10 sp aa, 12 LT, 15 MT, 5 TD, 20 AT, 10 fighters, 10 bombers.
      Came up with a unique way to deal with it. Made a rocket and shot it in there to have those troops start coming at me. Then when the big stack got close to my first province, I gave it to one of my allies who wasn't at war with him. That stopped that stack in its tracks. One ally and I attacked provinces around that stack and that L5 fortification as best we could circling that area and then gave away provinces to our allies until we had that thing corralled. Then we went on about our war business.
      "Until there are clearly defined and enforceable rules for hand-to-hand combat, there can't be rules in global war. Kill em all!"
    • ike53 wrote:

there were 9 railguns, 15 arty, 10 aa, 10 sp aa, 12 LT, 15 MT, 5 TD, 20 AT, 10 fighters, 10 bombers.
      wow. per fort or in total?
      "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
      KNOW THE RULES!
      Call of War Game Rules
      Call of War Forum Rules
      Terms of Service

attacker 101
      Call of War Player
    • ike53 wrote:

All in 1 Level 5 fortification...
      sorry. misread and thought it said "5 lv. 5 fortifications" or something under that heading.
      KNOW THE RULES!
      Call of War Game Rules
      Call of War Forum Rules
      Terms of Service

attacker 101
      Call of War Player
    • I once was attacked by 3 ai countries at the same time....
      I was playing as Sweden and had taken over all of europe. I was in a coalition with the UK and Siberia. I forget what map it was. I think the 1938 historical (the one with the Soviet Union. I had just taken over some Asian country and was gas getting ready to attack Australia . When 3 A.I controlled countries attacked me at the same time... so glad I always repair and build up provinces as I take them. Otherwise I might have been kick out of asia... (took like 3 days to get all troops there) it was close but I came out ontop and won the game!