Pinned The Team League Official Rulebook

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Can we also get a declaration from Event Managers that "these rules are actually the rules" and there will be no "in flight" changes during the match AND any decisions will be made in a TRANSPARENT (clearly informing interested parties as and when they happen - not few weeks after an actual decision was made) and FAIR (providing hard and clear evidences not just suspicions / allegations/ someone's interpretation of "a grey area" and giving participants a possibility to defend their case) ways AND with an actual respect of these rules (not randomly "pulled out from the hat" or using some "appendixes quickly written on the knee" somewhere behind the scenes)?

Thanks in advance,
      L.
      .......................................................................................................................................................................
    • Lord wrote:

Can we also get a declaration from Event Managers that "these rules are actually the rules" and there will be no "in flight" changes during the match AND any decisions will be made in a TRANSPARENT (clearly informing interested parties as and when they happen - not few weeks after an actual decision was made) and FAIR (providing hard and clear evidences not just suspicions / allegations/ someone's interpretation of "a grey area" and giving participants a possibility to defend their case) ways AND with an actual respect of these rules (not randomly "pulled out from the hat" or using some "appendixes quickly written on the knee" somewhere behind the scenes)?

Thanks in advance,
      L.

This is the actual rulebook for the July match.
      While we have tried to make the rules fairly transparent and well planned, there is the possibility that we have overlooked something, and decisions may need to be made during the course of the event. If there is evidence to be found, then such evidence will be documented.
      For issues that require judgement of the event staff there is a "court" made up of the team leaders with one vote per team that can overturn anything I pull out of my hat ;)

As far as timing, some things do take time, and some things do not. I do have quite a few things that require my attention each day, so as such I can't guarantee that issues will be resolved within minutes, but I will do my best to not delay anything needlessly.

Lord wrote:

some "appendixes quickly written on the knee" somewhere behind the scenes
      You can make a copy of these rules for reference during the entire match. No alterations or corrections will be made for this month at this point.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Main Administrator
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Understand and agree with you on most of the above. My concern is about "retrospective corrections". In my opinion everything which is not prohibited by the rules at the moment of the match is allowed, but I will respect the "court" ruling.

The reason why I raised the above is my previous experience. I won't bring it here, as it was so pathetic that I don't want to return to that unpleasant situation.

Every "gold free" tournament will have my buy in and I will do my best to promote these initiatives in my community. What I really want everyone to understand is that "we - the players" are customers of these events. And to get / keep customers you need to look after them and do not p*ss them off.

Be fair, be transparent and listen to everyone involved (not just to only some players). If you make decisions - get the rationale behind it as quickly as possible. Sounds easy and obvious... but is it really? Time will show.
      .......................................................................................................................................................................
    • Lord wrote:

My concern is about "retrospective corrections"

The rulebook has already been published and distributed for this month. I want to make it clear that there can be no changes in the rules for any matches this month. Any issues that "fall between" the lines of the rules as they are written now will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis by the MOD in the round. Anything the MOD rules on (with Game Staff guidance) in which the MOD's authority is ambiguous can be appealed to the Council of Leaders.

It is a player run league and the players will have their say on it.
      "Flesh grows weak. Steel becomes brittle. But the will is indomitable." - the RIDDLE OF STEEL
    • Lord wrote:

And to get / keep customers you need to look after them and do not p*ss them off.

I was someone who was completely turned off by the ridiculous nature of the Player's League. I unequivocally state to you right now that I worked extremely hard to ensure this was a fair and transparent product. I will also go further and say that I took great pains to ensure as little drama was involved in this product as well.

This is the main reason why the MOD's authority is absolute, so the MOD can run a fair and balanced game. The players have also been given an appeals process for which they can handle issues "among" themselves. The Rulebook in its entirety should accomplish these goals, not just an individual rule. However, if and when a legitimate issue arises it will be noted and corrected in future updates to the rules.

I have already made note of a few things that need to be tweaked for the August matches. Anything else you find please make note of them in the Rulebook Q & A thread HERE and we will do our best to address them in future matches. Any matches started under one version of the rulebook will finish playing under the same version of rulebook.

While I have tried my best to tie up as many loopholes as possible please understand that A) this has never been done before and B) CoW is filled with an incredible amount of tactical and strategic thinkers. There WILL be areas for improvement as we endeavor to craft a finely tuned product.
      "Flesh grows weak. Steel becomes brittle. But the will is indomitable." - the RIDDLE OF STEEL
    • This is to inform everyone rules have been changed.

There was a matter presented to Players Council regarding a team disqualification.

The team in question won the vote 5/8.

The rule book states on page 15.

For an appeal to be UPHELD there must be a TWO THIRDS MAJORITY vote by the Council of Leaders (CoL). [...] For your reference, these are the voting requirements per number of teams in a match:
      8 Teams - 5 out of 8 votes

Bytro has claimed there was a typo in the rule book and without players consent changed the rule to 6/8 and disqualified a team.

I find these actions disrespectful to all players, deliberately aiming to uphold mods disqualification decision despite majority of CoL voting to overrule mods decision.
    • I have a question what is closer to .67? .625 or .75?

Also what does the player’s council say about disqualification? The player’s league rule book say about this?

“The Council of Leaders (CoL) is made up of the Team Leaders from each team in a match of The Team League. The CoL is NOT a check on the authority of the MOD but is there to provide the players an ability to promote fairness and accountability. Since this is a player run league the players themselves will have a “say” in decisions concerning game play and fairness that are not clearly defined by the rules.”

The council of leaders VOTED not to remove in game 1 AE from a match in a vote 5/8 which is of course 4.5% away from the 2/3 super majority while their proposed plan of 6/8 is 75% is 8% away from 2/3. In addition the rules also says that 5/8 votes are required to overturn a mod decision and AE got those votes. Now apparently the Mods for the game want 75% of the vote because they want AE out of the game. Most players do not care about the rules and the fact that someone made a mistake, they just want to play. In protest (ban if you want) AE2 is resigning in protest since the changing of rules directly in game is unfair and disrespectful of the players even though the Council of leaders voted to overturn, if the mods can just overturn all decesions why was there even a vote. In light of this we urge all of you to resign to protest the mods authoritarian actions

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bobishunting[AE2] ().

• I'm just so amazed at how skilled some people are at reading ONLY what they want to see and ignoring everything else that doesn't fit neatly into their version of the world.

IF YOU take the time to actually read the rules, you will see they CLEARLY state that the Council MUST DENY any appeal, even an automatic appeal, when the MOD's enforces a clearly stated rule.

In this case there is only ONE possible outcome for the attempt at NAP, disqualification.

This event is for the players. If you don't want to participate then don't. Just don't make a scene of it by throwing a tantrum on the way out the door. The rules are there to protect everyone equally, and will be applied equally to everyone. You are upset because you DID NOT read the rules and got caught trying to defeat the purples of TTL.

You will not be allowed to trample over this event in the manner that brought about the demise of the Player's League. In TTL you will follow the rules or you will face the consequences. Period.