Nuke counter

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Nuke counter

I’ve seen a few posts about this from a few years ago but my idea is to simply add nuke sabotage as a possible consequence of sending spies on military sabotage

If you send a spy on military sabotage mission to a province with a nuke you’d have a chance to either

1.Sabotage the nuke without the other player knowing so it fails after it’s been deployed.

2.Destroy it so it detonates in the province and takes out any troops in the area and damages buildings.

This would likely be abused since spies have a 50/50 chance of success so I’d say the number of counter spies affects the odds of success
      plus since it’s not instant and we have to wait for the spy report there’s no guarantee they’ll keep the nuke stationed there so normal building damage would occur

Also it could be balanced so each successful mission isn’t guaranteed to destroy it.
      So it either damages buildings or damages the nuke
    • My guess is that Nuclear Reactors are highly protected and one spy cant just trigger a nuke while its static, you gotta get the launch codes, and its impossible to get it as a foreign citizen. Maybe,,but it would take 3 years for you to get the trust to see the launch codes. Not very realistic, i would keep this economic sabotage method.
    • I

hakijaa wrote:

My guess is that Nuclear Reactors are highly protected and one spy cant just trigger a nuke while its static, you gotta get the launch codes, and its impossible to get it as a foreign citizen. Maybe,,but it would take 3 years for you to get the trust to see the launch codes. Not very realistic, i would keep this economic sabotage method.
      you raise a good point I was thinking more along the lines of infiltration and planting explosives. I don’t know how nukes work but I assume an explosion on the ground that destroys it would still give out the same radiation damage to troops and buildings as if it was detonated traditionally.

As for

Vlanchavic wrote:

1.Sabotage the nuke without the other player knowing so it fails after it’s been deployed.
      I just thought it would be funny to see another player wondering what just happened when their nuke they might off been relying on didn’t detonate
      But your right I don’t think that aspect would be realistic