Airfields

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• It used to be that an airfield could be used if it was 51% operational.
      Now it appears that if you need 100% of a Level 1 airfield to be operational.

This means that a single successful sabotage can ground an airfield level 1.
      Was this intentional or an unintended consequence?
      :?:
    • EZ Dolittle wrote:

It used to be that an airfield could be used if it was 51% operational.

I didn't want to say it because I was big air before but I am changing to slogging it in the mud. This and a few other tactics force you to have to upgrade a base to level 2 just to insure that link in the chain.

The anti air crowd will surely be happy when they figure this out... but alas they are still complaining about the negatives to air and how they are not enough... no thanks for pointing it out :P
      :thumbup: :beer: - Living the dream!
    • EZ Dolittle wrote:

It used to be that an airfield could be used if it was 51% operational.

That’s bs, the devs should change that NOW! And for all realism, an airfield can run damaged, and so can a barracks, or naval base, that should be in the game, just with levels 3 and up
    • This was a part of the recent balancing changes.

There was a discussion about the slight damage causing an airbase to be unusable while this was still in beta testing, so it wasn’t an an unknown side effect to the game designers.

Swen is correct that for insurance you will need to at least partially build to airbase level 2 in a combat zone. You can of course cancel the construction partway through in order to get a refund of the unused portion of the resources.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

This was a part of the recent balancing changes.

There was a discussion about the slight damage causing an airbase to be unusable while this was still in beta testing, so it wasn’t an an unknown side effect to the game designers.

Swen is correct that for insurance you will need to at least partially build to airbase level 2 in a combat zone. You can of course cancel the construction partway through in order to get a refund of the unused portion of the resources.
      I sill think that there should be a 2 ingame day period of no buildings destroyed, yes, province captured but building in pristine condition
    • I know but if you make that a mechanic why not make the minimum for level 2 4hp and so on, it seems to make more sense. Other then that misunderstanding, i love what y’all are doin’ and keep up the great work!

freezy wrote:

This change was part of the release news:

We also changed the minimum condition at which Airbases and Infrastructures on level 1 become functioning to 5 out of 5 hitpoints.
      forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…esearch-balancing-update/
    • The change was done deliberately and consciously - was not a side-effect.
      Result is that now destruction of buildings with strategic bombers, rockets or spies plays a bigger role (at least as soon as more players have figured out how effective it has become, it will play a bigger role). Which I personally appreciate a lot.
      Yet I also have the strong feeling that reduction of airfield level 1 HP and making them operational only at full health certainly wasn't the best way to achieve this.