Fire at will!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 6:51 am Oorlog! Troepen van _Pontus_ openden vandaag onaangekondigd het vuur op de nietsvermoedende soldaten van Cees16. Wereldleiders hebben hun afschuw uitgesproken over deze meedogenloze actie.

Another useless and unnecessary war started in my absence, because another player moves his units into my artillery range...while at peace with me AND while he is on his OWN TERRITORY.

Why is it so called realism or how is it enhancing the game experience when artillery units open fire at troops of a nation with whom you are at peace and which has its units on its own territory??

Bytro should look at the who in the team is proposing these changes. This person has no idea of the game we are playing and/or just has nothing better to do than annoy players with useless and irritating changes.

Again I appeal to you: STOP ruining the game with senseless, unnecessary and game ruining changes.

Revert artillery setting to what they were please!

(suggestion: while reverting arty setting to how they were, revert market and diplo changes as well...)
  • _Pontus_ wrote:

nemuritor98 wrote:

It was supposed to be solved in last patch.
    Than how did I end up with another war that was unintended (at this time)??
    Another thing that is really annoying is that these dysfunctional and unnecessary changes eat up developer time, which could have been use to fix issues that do matter.
    and another unwanted war.
    general popularity with AI is now down to 22%
  • My reply was one of the first on this subject and I decided not to carry with it since it might upset some of my friends, BUT I just joined a Pacific a few days ago and everyday I get in war with AI's . I have 2 active wars with countries that I don't want to attack, not to mention I don't have the chance to recover or to position troops.

From what I can read trough the forum for 2 months I never saw 1 good comment for the aggressive stance of the AI. I told you then that people will leave because of that. It is logical to be aggressive with the country that you fight now with the whole server.

I really don't want to sound salty but everyone said it will be solved 1 month ago and is still going on. Like I said in my previous post , how a young gun ( a newbie ) learn how to play if it gets attacked by golden AI's ? I know you can solve it with HC, but even then my arty needs to be 2 provinces away from any player so I don't hit anyone.

Now put it logical , every new player has the tutorial and gets 2 weeks of HC, they all make arty in the few days, and set it to aggressive so he can attack a country, with that being said he gets in a fight not 1 AI/player he gets in a lot of wars because of his art. How is this beneficial to the new players ? When he sees that after 3-4 days he has wars with 2-3 AI he will leave the game for good.

You had the chance to test it, both money value and perspective value from active players, is this what you desired ? To make the players base not want to play a game because of this settings. We heard for a while it will be set back but .. I still hear players getting wars, myself have 2 wars in1 day because my transport ships were in the water.

Make a decision and let us know, because we are waiting for something that will never be brought back in the game. I decided for 1-2 months not to buy HC so I can't get in those wars, bought a week ago and it brought me only wars .... why should I buy it next month ?
  • I haven't been in the round where everything is replaced with Elite AI yet, (i have played elite AI before though), and goodness although the sources "might" be biased, doesn't everyone i hear basically dislike how elite AI replace normal AI on all rounds? I think normal AI should still be the norm, while elite AI is free, but have to be created.
  • No, of course not!
    What is the fun of battling all those inactives as normal AI?
    Just having to do that boring slaughter; not even getting kill-points; just to finish the bloody map...THE HORROR!

Now with Elites, at least it will be a bit of game ánd you get points for your slaughter work.
    This is actually the only good change out of the recent ones, since Fire@Will
  • _Pontus_ wrote:

No, of course not!
    What is the fun of battling all those inactives as normal AI?
    Just having to do that boring slaughter; not even getting kill-points; just to finish the bloody map...THE HORROR!

Now with Elites, at least it will be a bit of game ánd you get points for your slaughter work.
    This is actually the only good change out of the recent ones, since Fire@Will
    Oh sorry wrong thread, thought this was the Elite AI one.

_Pontus_ wrote:

Yet another unwanted war....

FIX THIS!
    So what i was wondering, could this possible just Elite AI declaring war on you? Maybe check the newspaper on how the war starts?
  • AK140 wrote:

So what i was wondering, could this possible just Elite AI declaring war on you? Maybe check the newspaper on how the war starts?
    When you do not behave as a civilized nation (when going to war) and do not politely declare war in your diplomatic settings, AI nations will start disliking you for being a brute that destroys homes, kills women and children and all that without fair warning.
    To warn you they often first declare a Trade Embargo (look more often in your relation tab) and when you are a true robber nation with multiple non-declared wars, they will declare on you.

After all, Elite AI has more character than most human players and definitely a better strategic insight than most human players. And beware ... AI never goes inactive, never sleeps!

To prevent these hordes of AI declaring war on you, you should simply behave more civilized ;)
  • The new fire settings for ranged weapons still make my artillery fire at troops of nations with whom I am at peace AND while their troops are on their OWN land.

So, the enhanced realism - brought about by the recent overall BAD CHANGES - includes that my army behaves as if they consist of rogue East Ukrainian Militias or drunk Russians troops in Afghanistan....firing at anything that moves or not, whether on their own territory or not.

Someone at Bytro comes up with this BS.

This is someone is bringing us BAD CHANGES, because the person doesn't have a clue.

This someone at Bytro thinks it is normal, realistic or even good:

- to restrict interaction between people/players,

- to impose minimum prices for trades on the market,

- that armies should open fire at anyone in sight, irrespective of whether they are in their own land and at peace with you!

Would you vote for someone like that????

I have seen people like that in the Netherlands....but...

only as DEFENDANT in the INTERNATIONAL COURT in The Hague!!

In normal language we call them war criminals, dictators & oppressors.

A big question is: Who at Bytro hired this 'special someone'?

A more important question is: Who will FIRE him/her??????
  • @_Pontus_ can you finally stop whingeing about all the new bad changes. We have read your hundreds of comments in a dozen of posts and we get your opinion. You are starting to work on my nerves so I guess you have the same effect on other players as well. This being said please adapt yourself and stop crying.
    BMfox
    EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
  • BMFox wrote:

@_Pontus_ can you finally stop whingeing about all the new bad changes. We have read your hundreds of comments in a dozen of posts and we get your opinion. You are starting to work on my nerves so I guess you have the same effect on other players as well. This being said please adapt yourself and stop crying.

Really?? You mean other people or mainly you, because all your arguments in favor of the BAD CHANGES are irrefutably countered with simple logic and love of freedom and realism in and for the game?

So now you do not only favor the changes that:
    - restrict interaction between people/players,
    - impose minimum prices and taxes for trades on the market,
    - cause armies to open fire at anyone in sight, irrespective of whether they are in their own land and at peace with you,

Now you want restrict free speech too, because it doesn't suit your agenda and/or ego?

And... what do you base your last dictatorial remark on?
    Why is it that practically every post of mine on the subject of the BAD CHANGES gets likes and my likes have grown like never before?
    Because players are annoyed?
    Need I truly explain this?

This thread is about a BAD CHANGE! Thus it is supposed to discuss this!

One example that may show you how incredible your last post is and what you apparently think is your duty as a human being:

>>> Say your government start building concentration camps for a specific group of people (i.e. moderators) because it suits their whatever agenda.
    a. Should you as a citizen say "Hey! You can't do that!" just once or twice and than just stop saying so? (is what you try to impose)
    b. Or should you NEVER stop opposing it? (NOT only my opinion hopefully)

Further: STOP making this a personal thing!
    It is not between you (and your little supported opinion) or
    me (and my massively - in terms of talking forum dwellers - supported opinion)

It is about BAD CHANGES! It is about imposed Fire Rules, Restrictions, Limitations, Freedoms & Choices curtailed...
    It is NOT about you or me.

I severely start to doubt whether you should want to be a moderator...

I will stop posting on the subject after:
    - valid arguments and reasons have been presented that explain the necessity of these BAD CHANGES
    or
    - no valid arguments and reasons can be presented and it becomes clear that I do not need to play this game anymore.

Until then I will fight the ONLY WAY possible to have these BAD CHANGES reverted!

And incidentally the only way I know of is by posting on THIS forum...

The post was edited 9 times, last by _Pontus_ ().

• @_Pontus_ As you well know freedom of speech does not apply here as is written in the terms of service. However the forum is here to open dialogue. However with your numerous different threads and posting the same type of response over and over again in other threads too. By doing so you are heating up discussions and trying to rally more users behind your case, stirring the forum up in result.

It would make much more sense to ventilate your disagreement in one single thread then spamming all over the forum in your malcontent.

Neither is this a personal thing for me @_Pontus_ I just remark that your posts create tension on the forum. I admire your dedication towards the game and your fight against the changes you don't agree with. I just do not agree with the way you are doing it. Nor am I very happy that you are questioning my personal integrity in this post and others but I forgive you for it anyway. :saint:
    BMfox
    EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
  • BMfox wrote:

@_Pontus_ As you well know freedom of speech does not apply here as is written in the terms of service. However the forum is here to open dialogue. However with your numerous different threads and posting the same type of response over and over again in other threads too. By doing so you are heating up discussions and trying to rally more users behind your case, stirring the forum up in result.

It would make much more sense to ventilate your disagreement in one single thread then spamming all over the forum in your malcontent.

Neither is this a personal thing for me @_Pontus_ I just remark that your posts create tension on the forum. I admire your dedication towards the game and your fight against the changes you don't agree with. I just do not agree with the way you are doing it. Nor am I very happy that you are questioning my personal integrity in this post and others but I forgive you for it anyway. :saint:
    When somebody so entirely misses the point.... (and notably not just mine)
  • As it seems, the Fire at Will setting is working properly now.

However, for HC users, the BAD CHANGES in the firing settings endure.

Previously - as in: before the BAD CHANGES - the Aggressive Stance worked perfectly fine towards enemy nations
    (Note for the developers: only nations with whom you are at war are enemy nations... Normally people don't need to get that explained though).
    It worked properly and as intended, because only enemy units within range would cause ranged units to stop and fire.

Now, however, the Aggressive Stance is not just aggressive towards enemies. It is firing at anything within range... How is this (1) realistic, (2) helpful, (3) worth paying for in the opinion of the developers?

If the developers think this is a good change, would someone care to enlighten the community about the changed setting?

For sure none of the HC users asked for this.
    For sure, it is not realistic, that when the supreme command orders the troops to "Attack any enemy unit in sight", that they meant: "Make an enemy of every unit in sight, irrespective whether they are at peace with us and even on their own territory".
    For sure, the extra fire-commands were one of the HC features that made HC an attractive buy. Now these fire settings are a nuisance... (or, dear deafs, in other words: not worth paying for)

With the only GOOD CHANGE from the recent batch of mostly BAD CHANGES (being AI becoming Elite AI) the fire setting 'Aggressive' is now an unplayable thing, because every unwanted or unintended war causes a popularity penalty with the AI, inhibiting whatever remains of the market trading (which in itself has already drastically diminished since the batch of mostly BAD CHANGES) because of Trade Embargos by the Elite AI.

What the HC community needs to know and deserves to know as paying AND mostly very loyal customers:

- Is this issue with the HC Fire Settings going to be addressed any time in the near future or are the devs (for some outlandish reason) happy with how it is now and don't give a shyte what the customers think of it?
    - If the latter, would the devs or community manager at least care enough to explain the rationale and necessity of the changed service to the HC customers?
    - If the settings are not going to be reverted to what they were, is HC going to drop in price? A feature which was much valued has been sabotaged after all and thus the paid-for-service has reduced in value.
    - Now that a much valued HC feature has been killed, should the HC community expect further dismantling of the package? And what is the rationale behind that?

A good explanation for this BAD CHANGE in fire settings is due. In fact, a good explanation is due for all the BAD CHANGES, limiting choices and player interaction, imposing inefficient play styles and favoring map-mobbers over individual players.

Can the Devs or the Community Manager pls come over to the forum and explain the rationale of the current BAD CHANGES in effect and which are the intentions for the future?