Fire at will!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Fire at will!

Attention Generals!

With today’s release we introduce an adjustment to the aggressive fire mode of units. When switching to the aggressive fire mode units will open fire on any unit in range. This includes units of neutral countries and is not limited to units from countries you are currently at war with. Obviously your own units and those of your allies will be spared. There are several strategic benefits to this change. You can now setup naval blockades or prepare for intruders preemptively for example. But be careful, once you open fire on a unit of a neutral country, it will
    trigger war with this nation.

As part of the adjustment we limited the aggressive fire mode to range units only. To counter this limitation all units will now block other units automatically when positioned somewhere.
    • Aggressive fire mode: Limited to range units. Units will bombard enemy and neutral units.
    • Fire at will (standard): Blocks and attacks close by neutral or enemy units, unless they have right of way.
    • Return fire /hold fire: Units pass each other without combat.
    The aggressive fire mode can be activated in the fire control, which is available to members of the high command. Membership to the high command can be purchased in the shop.

Additionally to the aggressive fire mode update we also fixed some bugs. For details see the complete list of changes below:

General:
    • The aggressive fire mode of units will now include opening fire on units from neutral countries.
    • We fixed an issue that caused submarines staying invisible during an attack when crossed by an enemy naval unit.
    • We fixed an issue for iOS and Android that caused an error message to appear on the screen when adding to a full building queue.
    • We fixed an issue that prevented payments via sms for some countries.
    We hope you can make good use of the aggressive fire mode and wish you best of luck on the battlefield!

Your Bytro Team
    Discord: Call of War
    Facebook: Call of War
    Twitter: Call of War
  • Your units won't attack those nations then. They will only bombard neutral or enemy troops when set to aggressive.

I hope you guys make use of being able to set up pre-emptive naval blockades now :) Which is also done by default now on sea using the standard settings.
  • So now you can park a RR gun on a coastline and it will bombard any neutral surface unit passing within range?
    "Es gibt keine verzweifelten Lagen, es gibt nur verzweifelte Menschen" - There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.
    General Heinz Guderian (Schneller Heinz)

Kenny says - You've got to know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em, Know when to walk away And know when to run
  • God i love this update, finally being able to have an effective naval blockade, RRG and arty that will engage automatically. No more sneak attacks while sleeping. I know what i will do before going to bed.
    BMfox
    EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
  • Arcorian wrote:

dw98 wrote:

So now you can park a RR gun on a coastline and it will bombard any neutral surface unit passing within range?
    If it is set to aggressive fire mode...It will trigger war with all those bombarded neutral nation, but yes.
    Ha, if Fire at will triggers war without declaration it could be funny on an elite AI map ..
    .. since undeclared wars are rapidly reducing the reputation one can lure the careless firedevils into a trap by beeing attacked by them .. :D

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
    ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
    .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
    Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
  • To clarify once more: If you want to set up a naval blockade with ranged units and you want them to bombard neutral units from a distance, you have to set their fire mode to "aggressive" (High Command only, and only for ranged units). If you want to set up a naval blockade by blocking the naval paths with ships or submarines, to prevent neutral armies from moving through, it is now enough to just place them there with their standard setting "fire at will" (free for everyone, standard setting of all units). 2 Armies with "fire at will" setting will automatically fight eachother when they meet, also on the water (usually the moving army attacks first and is thus the one triggering the war). But ranged weapons with "fire at will" won't bombard neutral units from afar, unless they are set to "aggressive".
  • nemuritor98 wrote:

i guess you already know but there's a visual bug that includes the "Fire at will" icon to all unknown units

I don't think it's a "visual" bug, it's more likely a "feature" bug. On one of my game, i moving my unprotected convoy near a neutral (computer) country shoreline to land elsewhere, and then while i was offline i'm somehow at war with them and the newspaper says i attacked them and my convoy was destroyed at sea. Please don't makes this an intended feature, it could lead many new players entered war from unintended consequences

The post was edited 1 time, last by AK140 ().

• Arcorian wrote:

Fire at will (standard): Blocks and attacks close by neutral or enemy units, unless they have right of way.

freezy wrote:

If you want to set up a naval blockade by blocking the naval paths with ships or submarines, to prevent neutral armies from moving through, it is now enough to just place them there with their standard setting "fire at will" (free for everyone, standard setting of all units)
    .. so players without High Command (..with the standard setting), either will (could) sooner or later get automatically in war against every seafaring nation .. !?!
    .. or should grant at least RoW to all nations (also to all, at least maritime, players nations) as a precaution to avoiding inadvertent wars -- and thereby take the (rest)risk that RoW can provide for surprising and deep invasions "at night and fog" .. ?!? (..and not only at sea maybe, but also when neutral ground units meet somewhere in neutral territory..?)

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
    ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
    .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
    Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D