Reveal All

    • Reveal All Armies should not be allowed period. It is unrealistic. Sure a good spy can steal some plans and info but they don't get intel on EVERY unit in another countries army.

      Reveal All Armies takes all the fun and intrigue out of the game. How hard can it be to defeat your opponent if they know what you have and where you are going with it at all times. Yes, at all times. Reveal All has become way too easy to achieve making it even more unrealistic. A player can gain Reveal All everyday if they know what they are doing and this is without spending gold. Speaking of gold, Reveal All should definitely not available for gold. Gold users have a big advantage already. They don't need to know how many units you have, what kind of units you have and where they are going.

      Revealing what is in a single terr is much more realistic and yet still should not be so easy. Does everyone hire James Bond ...every time? Please strongly consider removing the Reveal All Armies option completely from the game (gold and spies).
    • It's not at all time, only at day change, unless you use gold. I agree reveal all is not realistic and i use spies only for that purpose. It gives a huge and unfair advantage. Of course anyone can do it but that doesn't make it right neither. But as long as it is there, i'm taking advantage of it because if I won't then my enemy will.
    • BMfox wrote:

      But as long as it is there, i'm taking advantage of it because if I won't then my enemy will.
      This argument has been used to justify child labor, environment abuse, slavery, bio-industry, pyramid schemes, narcotics distribution, and much more.

      And yeah, I use it too.
      When the enemy is driven back, we have failed. When he is cut off, encircled and dispersed, we have succeeded. - Aleksandr Suvorov.
    • I can't say how much I agree with the author of this thread! Gaining intel could be a great fun part of the game, but this "feature" puts that in a fully absurd light.
      Basically, if the entire espionage section had been replaced with just this reveal all "feature", you would have had quite the same result as you have now.

      Bytro, if you really insist on leaving this "feature" in the game (which would be a horrible mistake), please at least adjust it so it doesn't ruin gameplay any more:
      * Getting reveal all with regular, money-paid spies should be very seldom and random.
      * Buying it with gold should cost much more gold. Ideally on day one 2500 gold, on day ten 4000 gold, on day twenty 5500 gold and so on.


      We don't want to cheat! We don't want our opponents to be able to cheat and we don't want to be tempted to cheat ourselves. So pleease, please take this cheat-function out of the game.
      People wouldn't spend less gold here if you do, only for other things (for example for reveal some). But it would make the game so much better to play... so it would attract more players.
    • freezy wrote:

      We actually have plans to make these instant reveal actions more expensive soon as we also see that they are too powerful for their current price. Probably the most powerful gold actions in the game right now. We won't completely remove them though. More on that in some upcoming news :)
      Once again you show all of your Pay-to-win skills. Might aswell leave it the way it is, atleast us who are terrible in the game and have small amounts of gold can have sme fun.
    • freezy wrote:

      We actually have plans to make these instant reveal actions more expensive soon as we also see that they are too powerful for their current price. Probably the most powerful gold actions in the game right now. We won't completely remove them though. More on that in some upcoming news :)
      That something is being considered is welcome news but it doesn't change the fact that having the ability to reveal every unit another player has is not gamesmanship. It is like sitting at a poker table and your opponent is able to toss some extra chips into the dealer's pocket for the right to see your cards.

      Also, it is not just the instant reveal process via gold use. If I chose to, I can get reveal all on another player with regular game spies almost everyday. in some games, everyday.


      We all know that the powers to be are afraid the complete removal might hurt the pocket book due to the amount of gold use to achieve the reveal but it is doesn't have to be. Most of the gold use is from big spenders. They don't care how much it cost just as long as they win. You remove the "reveal all" function completely and raise the cost of the other gold functions a little bit to cover it. Removing the "reveal all" function completely from the game can be good for ALL.

      *the removal allows for a more fair and fun game for everyone and keeps players happy.
      *a fair and fun game brings in new players from word of mouth alone from "happy" players
      *a fair and fun game KEEPS players from leaving because they won't be as aggravated by feeling they don't have a chance to even competitively compete. (spend all that time and effort devising a great plan only to have it useless because someone revealed all of your armies and can now see what you are doing)
      *bringing in and keeping players = more $ spent on gold for the other options = more $$ for the powers that be.

      For a game that likes to mirror reality in it's conquests (at least that is how it all started) "reveal all" is NOT reality. A good spy revealing what is in a single terr can be seen as a reality but NOT revealing everything. Please do what's right and abolish "reveal all" completely from the game.
    • Although Alydar 100% is right that a complete removal of "reveal all" would be much better, I want to add that increasing the gold price for instant "reveal all" is a step in the right direction.


      hakijaa wrote:

      Might aswell leave it the way it is, atleast us who are terrible in the game and have small amounts of gold can have sme fun.
      To that quote I disagree. Let's look at an example:
      Say you want to spend 3300 gold against an opponent who's willing to spend 33000 gold against you.

      Scenario A): As things are now, you'd choose to reveal his armies two times. While he'll choose to reveal yours 4 times and spend the remaining 25400 gold on units, economy or research.

      Scenario B): If the prize for "reveal all" is for example doubled, you'll choose to reveal his armies once. While he'll probably decide to also reveal your armies only once and to spend the remaining 29700 gold on units, economy or research.

      If you have better chances to win in scenario A or B is hard to tell, isn't it? But it is not hard to tell that in scenario B, espionage is more important, reconnaissance missions for your units (not only your planes) are more important, tactical movements are more important and that there will be much more surprise, tension, cleverness, fun in the game. Because these ugly "reveal all" moments will at least be more seldom.
      The less frequent they occur, the more clean, honest, challenging, interesting and beautiful the game will become. And that's for everyone, also for those who spend few or no gold.
    • One more thing:

      freezy wrote:

      We actually have plans to make these instant reveal actions more expensive soon as we also see that they are too powerful for their current price.
      You say "instant reveal actions" in plural? So does that include the instant reveal for a region? That one can stay as it is. It's not too powerful for 750 gold and at least a tactical challenge where to use it - you need a lot of intuition when and where it makes sense. Is not a dumb one-click-to-win like the "reveal all armies".