Individual player League

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• If there is sufficient interest a single player event will be organized by the EN server support team.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • This would be a very nice event. However what would be the difference with the dirty dozen? Too bad I can't participate, I'll be too occupied with the alliance worldcup. I'll be glad to help moderate, GO the game though.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • EZ Dolittle wrote:

OK but would like to know how this would work>
      do you take the existing map and then it is one country vs one country *(how would you balance that>

The details determine my interest in participation.
      Indeed, I am interested, as I'm sure many would be, but details are important.
      How would this be done?
      Would there be different player levels?
      Is it ranked?
      What map would be used?

I'd be glad to help setup things, though, once things are explained a little.
      General Nightman

Retired Hero

"War is fought in three ways. Helping your enemy to lose, helping your allies to victory or helping yourself to win. Any way you take it, you are always helping someone."
    • General Nightman wrote:

EZ Dolittle wrote:

OK but would like to know how this would work>
      do you take the existing map and then it is one country vs one country *(how would you balance that>

The details determine my interest in participation.
      Indeed, I am interested, as I'm sure many would be, but details are important.How would this be done?
      Is it ranked?
      What map would be used?

I'd be glad to help setup things, though, once things are explained a little.
      See, one of the continent maps such as the United States, Africa etc... Would be used, players would choose a State/Territory, and from there the game would begin. It would be smart to have different player levels and of course ranked. This would add a sense to the game that the others are experienced, and you have to be careful as to what oyu do or you could lose entirely. But feedback would be appreciated.
    • Firstly I would absolutely be in for an event like this.

General Nightman wrote:

How would this be done?
      Is it ranked?
      What map would be used?
      I would assume a rank requirement then free ranks. Perhaps lvl 40? This is when players can join the frontline but perhaps others have thoughts, maybe lvl 50? I don't think there should be many categories like lvl 50-80, 80-100, 100-120 etc as if numbers is an issue, that would just create further numbers issue, and if this is to determine the best player, perhaps some lvl 55 beats a lvl 122. Many of the high ranked players I think we can all agree lvl skill. (I'm not saying they are bad, but maybe not the best as often they join large numbers of games to up their rank, just from my experience.)

I can't say how it would be done but an anonymous could be good to attempt to stop wolf-packing and / or players who see others they know teaming together. Ofc this wouldn't stop it a whole lot.
      Wolf-packing would be the largest issue IMO. Perhaps limiting maps to one player per alliance would be best (including feeder alliances etc) Otherwise teams of 5 or so may join to ensure they all achieve top 5.

I would think if possible and enough player interest having multiple maps would be best, players who want to enter get randomly assorted into maps (maybe then if 5 maps, 5 players per alliance can join and the organiser ensure they don't join the same map). This would again limit friends from different alliances joining together, but I doubt it could ever truely be removed. However, whether it is then elimination or done via a point system idk. I would think a point system would be better to ensure players from the same alliance dont join the same map, but also more importantly, this would mean a player who is eliminated early get another chance. I think this would be important as in any event, teams may lose a single game but still be the best, but also being eliminated possibly via a 2-3v1 early game does not mean you may not be the best player, if it occurs in multiple game then yeh maybe it does. I guess if 8 join a map, 8 points for winning, 7 for second etc. Or perhaps 12 for first, 10 for second, 8 for 3rd 6-7 for 4th and then down by one, a few extra for coming in the top.

I would think ranked would make sense to attempt to reduce suiciding players once they lose.

Map I think the 10p road to war (one used for alliance games) would be best and possibly 6-8 players per map. E.g (no USA, France, etc) Nations that would start with multiple enemies to try to make it far. Players would sign up, get placed into a map and be given a nation to play as.

Just my thoughts on the idea. What are others thoughts. I hope this becomes a reality.

And ofc, gold free and enforced by normal rules of this type.
      Torpedo28000
      Main Administrator
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh
    • Spetsnaz_ wrote:

level 40 is too high..we should put much restrictions, because we need more players.
      Yeah maybe, but perhaps 30 then? There should be a limit as we dont want noobs joining and a single player being able to fight only noobs. 30 isnt that high and doesnt take long to reach.
      Torpedo28000
      Main Administrator
    • After further thought, a possible map for this event could be the 50 player America map and borders used in the team games (attached below).

This means 10 players per map and room to expand, reason I think this is better as early game involves less skill and more mass units wins. However, if a player peace for perhaps 8 days, (what is the longest possible?). This means SPA can also be built and would enable players to begin to use their strategies to really determine who is the best. An early game brawl hardly IMO demonstrates whos strategy is the most effective and thus who is the best player. Game could last 30 days and the run for multiple months with different players in each, VP could be used to determine points.

Now the map below has different sections, I think it would be best to have one player in each section and ideally only AIs next to them. This will let everyone expand for the first 8 days and then once peace period ends all have fairly strong economies and armies to really have a good fight.

Further development on positions and peace-periods etc would be needed to be worked out ofc, but what are other players thoughts on this idea? Rather than a smaller map and shorter peace-period. I believe this approach would enable a better view of skill and who is the best player. :thumbsup:
      Images
      • Screen Shot 2019-10-20 at 6.55.49 pm.png

443.5 kB, 617×414, viewed 187 times
      Torpedo28000
      Main Administrator
    • Historically the players complained that fighting AI on the homefront map was boring, which I can understand.

We crafted that arrangement specifically for teams of 4. I just can’t see that working for individuals.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<