Im frustrated by this AI firing thing

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Newbss wrote:

... is good for players to make blockades on choke points ...
      WHY would a player block neutrals from passing? Neutrals, which do not even know about the blockade.
      In reality sea blockades are directed against trade ships which provide the enemy with supplies. We don't have this in this game. The whole idea of blockades does not fit into this game.
    • The idea of blockades fits perfectly in the game and I will give you a very good example of what I do in every map of 100 that I play. Gibraltar closed and you also close the bottom of red sea, this way the Mediterranean is you coalitions swimming pool.

Not to mention Panama, where I always have some subs, whit that area closed you put a stop between oceans.

It is good for the players because let's say I have a war with another coalition, but only with 1 of them, other 2 come trough Gibraltar and can land where ever they want. This way if I set aggressive it fires to anyone. But like I said since the last update a lot of AI became awake .
    • So what is happening is that if I innocently sail my submarine around a sea and its path is crossed by an AI unit on patrol, I suddenly have a war against a country I have no desire to fight. I know it is a war game, but it makes long term strategy very difficult if random wars are going to pop up. I feel this needs a re-think!
    • Hohmann wrote:

Newbss wrote:

WHY would a player block neutrals from passing? Neutrals, which do not even know about the blockade.In reality sea blockades are directed against trade ships which provide the enemy with supplies. We don't have this in this game. The whole idea of blockades does not fit into this game.
      best thing to fix this? subs dont engage neutrals. done, only destroyer can make a blockade and those can be seen and avoided, subs still can be used as blockade against enemy

i dont see how blocking my sea is wrong, yes there are moment which can be annoying (engage with a random IA, war with a player with shared sea) but again, knowing that no possible enemy will enter my shore its a positive night of sleep
      You merely adopted the shitposting. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see a proper post until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but blinding!
    • Spiffolo wrote:

Hohmann wrote:

Newbss wrote:

WHY would a player block neutrals from passing? Neutrals, which do not even know about the blockade.In reality sea blockades are directed against trade ships which provide the enemy with supplies. We don't have this in this game. The whole idea of blockades does not fit into this game.
      best thing to fix this? subs dont engage neutrals. done, only destroyer can make a blockade and those can be seen and avoided, subs still can be used as blockade against enemy

i dont see how blocking my sea is wrong, yes there are moment which can be annoying (engage with a random IA, war with a player with shared sea) but again, knowing that no possible enemy will enter my shore its a positive night of sleep
      I have already answered this to Newbss above:

ok. In such specific locations and situations it might be useful. But only as a conscious decision of the player himself, not as a default everywhere and for everybody!
    • @Hohmann yes, i agree with you there... pehraps IA country shouldnt get such a feature, i simply am pointing out that there are such important case where this system is perfectly fine and more useful that is overtaking the annoyance of being at war with randoms

needs some fixing but the pros are bigger then the cons
      You merely adopted the shitposting. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see a proper post until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but blinding!