Province moral

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Province moral

Okay, one of the most things that I see unreal is, the moral province.

First: the distance from the capital.

Why? this will must be implement only to the secondary lands, because they haven't a real nationalism about the conqueror country. Loosing his bad points meanwhile the time slips away. Recognising this conqueror country part of them...

Second: When you declare war, you have a penalty of -5.

This don't have sense. When germany conquered Poland, you really think that the germans look it like a bad thing at all?, that was used like propanganda of his "inhuman force".

I suggest that this could be change to:

- If you declare war to someone only, like it's now, the sorrounding provinces gets moral penalties, and as the lands gets down and the troops gets killed, this moral will decreasing until be insufferable.
    • Marcos Sicilia wrote:

nemuritor98 wrote:

Marcos Sicilia wrote:

the sorrounding provinces gets moral penalties
      this is already included by "Neighbours" and "Enemy neighbours"
      But I mean, that only the surrounding lands, not all the parts of a nation, only the ones taht can be in danger...
      Again, it's the same you asking for.

Neighbours applies according to the morale of the surrounding provinces.
      Enemy neighbours applies according to surrounding enemy provinces.
      Estoy dispuesto a darlo todo, a luchar por lo que soy, a ser libre dentro de mi, a guerrear mientras viva.

Manual: Básico y Machiavelli
    • I've not explain well that point. When you enter at war, all your provinces get a penalty of moral (-5), out of real logic. Beacuse only the surrouding provinces have the insecure feeling of a soon attack, being in danger, thus having less moral.

That what I'm complaining. Only the surrounding provinces or the ones that is in danger must be with the moral penalty, not all your country.
    • nemuritor98 wrote:

Marcos Sicilia wrote:

nemuritor98 wrote:

Marcos Sicilia wrote:

the sorrounding provinces gets moral penalties
      this is already included by "Neighbours" and "Enemy neighbours"
      But I mean, that only the surrounding lands, not all the parts of a nation, only the ones taht can be in danger...
      Again, it's the same you asking for.
      Neighbours applies according to the morale of the surrounding provinces.
      Enemy neighbours applies according to surrounding enemy provinces.
      Ademas, hablas español xD no me hables en ingles!
    • Pero aqui estamos en el foro inglés!

In my opinion, the influence of wars on province moral is well designed.
      A quick win (like the very quick German victory over Poland you mentioned as example) within one or two in-game days is even positive for your morale, since you get a one-time +10 bonus when conquering the capital. While from long-lasting wars, people become tired, so morale decreases throughout your country - and in provinces neighboring hostile territory even more so, since these get to feel the destruction and civil casualties that were common along the front.