Manpower limits

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Manpower limits

Golly the manpower limits are tight aren't they? It's only day 4 and I've already run out. From now on, I will only have enough manpower to build about 4 new units a day, if that!

I had to cancel my infrastructure builds and start building three new barracks instead in my highest manpower provinces. But even they will only raise my total army size by the equivalent of 17 infantry regiments.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Joe Bentleigh ().

• After WW1 no one wants another war that is damaging like the last one, many were tired fighting so it's reasonable that so few would join the army because all believe there won't be another war...then hitler showed up. Countries in WW2 fielded millions of men but many were inexperience young boys and the war is wholly a mechanize warfare using large numbers of tanks, bombs, and strategy. WW1 is a meat grinder while WW2 is speed and strategy so the manpower is a good touch to reflec this.
      "Victory needs no explenation, defeat allows none"
      -imperium thought of the day
    • V1nd1cat0r wrote:

After WW1 no one wants another war that is damaging like the last one, many were tired fighting so it's reasonable that so few would join the army because all believe there won't be another war...then hitler showed up. Countries in WW2 fielded millions of men but many were inexperience young boys and the war is wholly a mechanize warfare using large numbers of tanks, bombs, and strategy. WW1 is a meat grinder while WW2 is speed and strategy so the manpower is a good touch to reflec this.
      If you think Word War II forces were "wholly mechanized" you know very little about the conflict. Germany, the nation which virtually invented the war's mechanized warfare paradigm, and whose forces were its leading exponents, started Operation Barbarossa, the invasion of the Soviet Union in 1941, with only about 20% of its forces motorized, and only 12% in panzer divisions. The other 80% of the army was on foot. Even at its peak in mid-war, Germany was only able to mechanize about 30% of its divisions.

In this game, by contrast, you can churn out more tank units than you can infantry. The ease with which you can build mechanized units in this game is totally ahistorical.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Joe Bentleigh ().

• although i have to agree that the manpower is off, especially the manpower requirements. we cant continuously make new infantry and our armies need manpower for upkeep, i never heard an infantry division need fresh new recruits everyday and their unit strength never change.
      "Victory needs no explenation, defeat allows none"
      -imperium thought of the day