A gold buy-in

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A gold buy-in

hiyas

this must of been raised as an idea but why not a Gold 'buy in' - similar to a poker tournament

every one joins a game for a certain amount of gold - but you cant spend gold within the buy-in game.

I know lots of players feel its very pay to win - this way they get feel like its a level playing field

if this works as an idea - i would further suggest that everyone within a 'buy-in game' gets a fixed amount of 'silver' if you will
      Silver would have exactly the same function as gold but only good within a single instance of the game
      Players would have to spend this 'silver' strategically - another dimension to the game
    • My point still stands: one could easily use all of their silver early and get a huge advantage. I've played my share of games, and I've seen premium currency by any name get abused in all manners. Even if there was a limited amount, an unfair advantage is still that: unfair. Which is why it would make much more sense for a bug in game to have no premium at all. A completely level playing field.
    • JesterTheSheep wrote:

My point still stands: one could easily use all of their silver early and get a huge advantage. I've played my share of games, and I've seen premium currency by any name get abused in all manners. Even if there was a limited amount, an unfair advantage is still that: unfair. Which is why it would make much more sense for a bug in game to have no premium at all. A completely level playing field.
      I dont agree. If @THANOS thought to make it like in poker (where is 2.000 chips), that means not a lot of silver can be used. If we got, ex. 3,500 silver at the beginning, it cant be really overrused much, because speeding up 12h of building is around 2,500 gold already. So i agree with this concept, but i will have it if you occupy other players capitol and hold it for 24 hours you get a 500 silver bonus.
    • yep, i like it - a kind of a bounty bonus

i am thinking you could run all sorts of game variation with a 'temporary' or single game premium

you could give everyone 100,000 'silver' to start, we all pimp ourselves right up, however we want, and then we go to war!

a kind of self styled, accelerated start - how awesome would that be?