ships now going past eachother mean war

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ships now going past eachother mean war

ok so i have declared war on yemen as britain on historic world map because i was trying to send lots of troops to persia by sea, it ran into a couple of destroyers and now i lost like 30 divisions, i then sent my ships bombarding persia to bombard yemen's troops, since they were staring to invade my colony below them, that convoy of ships happened to run past a couple of destroyers of Oman, and now they are taking some colonies as well, now i am losing too much moral because of this

i have also accidentally done this with italy and norway

i am not sure if this is happening because of the fire at will update or anything, but this is very annoying, and you need to make sure you are allies with everyone if you dont want to accidentally go to war against someone, and make inconvenience for both sides because of the troops you both lose
    • While I am laughing at the issue you face, which has now happened to me in EVERY game I'm playing rn, I know that I read somewhere that the programmers are trying to fix this.
      I would hope in the end they add a button where we can choose to put our subs on fire at will and it not be a default.
      This is the best and easiest fix that will allow all to protect their territories, if they choose, while they sleep and yet be able to move in the open seas without going to war with every Tom, Dick, and Harry they run across.
      "Until there are clearly defined and enforceable rules for hand-to-hand combat, there can't be rules in global war. Kill em all!"
    • ike53 wrote:

I would hope in the end they add a button where we can choose to put our subs on fire at will and it not be a default.
      This was already in the game, you could set your fire set with HC to Fire at will, instead of Return fire, which was the default one.
      Estoy dispuesto a darlo todo, a luchar por lo que soy, a ser libre dentro de mi, a guerrear mientras viva.

Manual: Básico y Machiavelli
    • Yes...but not fire at will being the default.
      My concern is newbies and bots will cause unnecessary wars unless the default setting is 'navy neutral'.
      "Until there are clearly defined and enforceable rules for hand-to-hand combat, there can't be rules in global war. Kill em all!"
    • I set at default at fire at will ... Early in my current game, there was a whoopsie (set to fire at everybody in sight) in a CoW software update for the 39 map, and all the AI countries in Central America went to war with each other, including Costa Rica attacking one of my ships which was near the Panama Canal ... Apparently the CoW staff corrected the error to default fire at will and the rest of the game has gone in a normal fashion ... (-: