Read my stats

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is K/D ratio a function of number of units killed? ... Or perhaps a function of manpower killed (thus infantry units killed weight more in the formula)?

I'm a believer that a high K/D ratio is important. However, I have a current game where a more experienced player (level over 70, I'm 43) had a kill ratio of about 3 to one over me. Yet, to my surprise, I took over a dozen provinces before we made peace (He was slaughtering a coalition ally). I had a larger army and more gold- so the Red China en masse assaults used during Korean war vs. UN seemed to work in this case ... ?(
    • It is the ratio units_killed/units_lost (nothing to do with the manpower, as reported in the newspaper).

Still, it is pointless to use it when gold is involved, simply because gold allows to always have the best attacking/defensive weapons available. In reality, if he got 3:1 ratio against you and you used (more) gold, it means he was really handling the battle better. The provinces lost is irrelevant, because it might be necessary to lose them for tactical reasons (preservation of army).
    • well again that is a dubious assumption I have taken out my fair share of heavy gold users without taking massive casualties. Just because your opponents use lots gold doesn't necessarily mean they have a good understanding of game mechanics nor the most potent ways of actually using vast amounts of gold. There are several threads talking about smart gold spending and dumb gold spending... One thing is certain spending gold is not by any means a guarantee of how good your opponent's actually are...
    • I agree with Kanaris in that spending gold is not by any means a guarantee of how good your opponent's actually are... But I would check stats like K/D ratio and % of games won as an indication of how good they are- whether they are big gold spenders or not ... :tumbleweed:
    • You can't see gold use in stats: a player that doesn't understand a game might use gold to compensate his lack of understanding but his K/D ratio will still be low and won't have any wins. On the other hand a very good player with a good K/D ratio and wins might or might not use gold. A good player will use his gold in a smart way that gives him more advantage but it wont be reflected in his stats.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • As the game is, a player may have almost zero understanding of the game and still score one win after the other by using gold - it is only a matter of amount.

One doesnt need to understand the game in order to press a few times the button and destroy all the starting IC of the others. Since this is possible, it is pointless even to consider anything strategic.
    • I'm just trying to add some additional points when considering stats. I do make assumptions based on K/D ratio, victories, and experience, but its always good to dig a little deeper. While some say they are meaningless to identify good players, 80% of the time its the best you can go by and it works. Make up the remainder with diplomacy and you are well on your way to identifying or neutralizing your threats. That said, three additional stats on how many of each unit you have trained, how many of each unit has seen battle, and how many of other various combined units you killed with each unit type would be interesting and very telling for all. Add total casualties suffered and incurred into the mix for those that have a taste for gore. I digress.

Point 1- Heavy loss ratio on TBs but low loss ratio or other basic units like infantry can be a sign that a player is focusing on his economy to support such an air force or has attained such a large area where TBs are the most practicable to both defend and attack with. TBs have a much lower manpower cost than ground units. If my economy can support making two Tbs and yours can support one infantry or even two anti air, you are going to loose 2:1 if not 2:0. There are other logistical and endgame benefits to having air superiority. If you don't "end game", you may loose less TBs, but you will certainly have a poorer K/D ratio and fewer wins.

Point 2- Also check the alliance status. Some alliances play a lot of 10 player and 22 player maps and that is where they incur their poorest K/D ratios. As an alliance we have played a lot of alliance matches in the past which have dwindled off with inactivity, but we have played a great deal more internal matches 3v3, through 7v7 matches, even 9 vs 9. We all have K/D ratios well over 1, but during those matches, we average 1 and they are brutal with poor sleep. These were done on 10 and 22 player maps. NOT EASY. I admit, playing Germany in the historic map has good kill ratios, but its a small map and you get lots more kills in 50 and 100 player maps.

Point 3- Solo wins high and Coalition wins low does not mean they will ditch you at the end. It may mean that they won a lot of games either in team mode or the old three left standing mode and were vigorous in mop up attaining the top VPs.

Point is, take all the information to determine a players skill or threat. Rank means nothing, and take stats in their whole context. IMO Military should be about 2:1 over Economic for players that play to fight win and end the match. If its over that, they are milking games, turtling, building unnecessarily, or role playing.

The post was edited 1 time, last by FinnDaddy: typo ().

• I make assumptions in stats, and I often find people with seeming low stats but turn out to know exactly what they're doing. My stats have been increasing over the last few months, but I think the reason is I play too much of 22p and 10p. I think I've handled most situations in games pretty well, but to have a win ratio of over 50% is a bit ridiculous in my standards, even if I aimed for that. Therefore, I decided to put all my stats at risk of dramatically dropping by joining a 100p. Hopefully this can give me a challenge, even if it costs me my nice stats.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • Gentlemen, if this conversation strays into gold denouncement and gold bashing one more time the thread will be closed.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Little Racoon wrote:

I make assumptions in stats, and I often find people with seeming low stats but turn out to know exactly what they're doing. My stats have been increasing over the last few months, but I think the reason is I play too much of 22p and 10p. I think I've handled most situations in games pretty well, but to have a win ratio of over 50% is a bit ridiculous in my standards, even if I aimed for that. Therefore, I decided to put all my stats at risk of dramatically dropping by joining a 100p. Hopefully this can give me a challenge, even if it costs me my nice stats.
      Interestingly, my win ratio is well over 50%, and I actually have yet to lose on the big maps (50's/100's) for a simple reason: My fellow Regulators. I have won a single homefront match solo (only one I tried to solo), and have aims to get a 100 someday, but I'm still working out some strategy issues with the latest updates to research/production.
      Eminem2891
      EN Senior Moderator | JA Senior GO
      EN/JA Support Teams | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click here to submit a bug report or support ticket