switch ideology

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• switch ideology

it would be cool if there was an option to switch your ideology as any country like i would like to play as Russia but also change my flag into Fascism Nationalism Capitalism and so on and instead of getting the flags off google you can go to diplomacy and click on info and have an option to change ideology click on it and have flags for each ideology this would make the game a lot more fun please don't ignore this handsome idea
    • yo fungus ppl already do it they play a role almost all the time i seen ppl say they are communist America but all i see is stars and stripes it would be cool it would add more character and America isn't fascist so you don't gotta get offended about ppl wanting to change ideology in a game as long as your life isn't on the line you should be good
    • Ideologies were a really popular recommendation, however it was never implemented because of the controversy it would cause (just like leaders and city name changing), and because this game is meant to actually be simple and available to people who have only some elementary knowledge of history. But i think what you are thinking here is adding an aesthetical aspect in the game. You must realise that, the examplified country you gave, Russia, had to go through a bloody and thirsting civil war for its ideology to change. To radically change an ideology you must take a hit in your manpower and morale aswell. Even, atleast, some elections should take place. Considering your suggestion would not add any new dinamics to the game and would be highly overused by the massess, i dont think it will be implemented.
    • Given that ideologies are not a thing in the game I do not see that this would add anything. You can roleplay however you like in the newspaper already; I don't see that all the work that Bytro would have to put in to find all these flags just so the few people who actually care can say, 'haha, the Union Jack has a hammer and sickle now!' would be at all worth it.
      Also, your claim that 'communism is the worst ideology ever' is merely an opinion. I am not necessarily saying that I dispute it, but considering that Nazism is banned both in Germany and in game, I am saying that Bytro probably would dispute that.