2 x speed 100 player maps

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 2 x speed 100 player maps

Simple as the title suggests. I was wondering why 100 player maps or infact all maps don’t have 2x speed option available?
      Would it cause server overload?

I for one would like to be able to play at 2x speed outside of events and also not with a bunch of noobs in tutorial map and ruin their first game.

Normal speed is just far to slow... painfully slow in fact
    • exsnrg wrote:

Thanks for stating the obvious but what about the question at hand
      so I understand you are suggesting to have events with the 100p map with a 2x speed?

there was an event as the one you are requesting, the free for all event was, iniatially a 2x speed in the 100p map, however, they recently changed it to a 4x speed

the game is as it is, normal speed, 1 minute in the real world is 1 minute in the game, if you want it outside of events, I think that's never going to happen
      Estoy dispuesto a darlo todo, a luchar por lo que soy, a ser libre dentro de mi, a guerrear mientras viva.

Manual: Básico y Machiavelli
    • I don’t think that 2x would be much different than standard speed on the 100 player world map. 4x is about right, but don’t oversleep in the early days of the 4x map.

4x Speed 100’s are a regular part of the event rotation. Keep an eye out and don’t miss them.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • But speed rounds are just 2 weeks in duration and not a constant event. 2x speed would make a small difference without the brutality of the speed rounds. Speed round is a different level of play to standard 100p. Just had 2 coalition wins in last speed round event but the normal speed now that I have started is slow, it’s day 4 and dragging out, 2x speed would be day 8 already so yes there would be a difference although not massive it eliminates the fact that a speed round can see you wiped out in 1 6 hours sleep which translates to 1 day of game time lol. It’s great at 4x when you can be active enough to manage it
    • nemuritor98 wrote:

exsnrg wrote:

Thanks for stating the obvious but what about the question at hand
      so I understand you are suggesting to have events with the 100p map with a 2x speed?
      there was an event as the one you are requesting, the free for all event was, iniatially a 2x speed in the 100p map, however, they recently changed it to a 4x speed

the game is as it is, normal speed, 1 minute in the real world is 1 minute in the game, if you want it outside of events, I think that's never going to happen
      you may well be right, I’m trying to understand the reasoning for it. I’ve played the events I’m not a noob. Last games I won in coalitions had ranked 1 and 9 players in them with a few others from top 100 overall. I’m a good player just want a better option than normal speed for the reasons stated above
    • plus I don’t think I’m better than the guys that just lost in these games either lol. Clearly 4x speed is flawed to even the best the game has.

I want 2x speed outside of events, not just events. If it wont ever happen then it won’t happen but when searching there was no similar question found
    • I can’t say “never” as there are frequent changes to the game, But the current direction appears to be keeping speed within the events only. This does keep participation in event rounds high due to their limited available time nature, rather than letting the same old map get stale and less frequently played.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<