Why do we even have a reporting system?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Why do we even have a reporting system?

When someone told me that I shouldn't bother trying to finish a game because his coalition was backing a single player(who is not within the coalition) I wondered why someone would admit to cheating so blatantly. I am no longer wondering anymore.

Obviously the admins don't care about cheating, they want to provide the illusion that they care in order to keep legitimate players from abandoning the game for one that takes integrity more seriously. I really like this game and had zero problem paying a few bucks to get some gold, but now I'm regretting it especially when I waste my gold in a game where I have no chance of winning because members are cheating.
    • Thank you for your report.

All reports are properly investigated and proper action is taken.

It is very important when submitting a report to fully describe your issue. A simple "This player is cheating" report does not give our game operators much direction in which to investigate. While standard checks are run on every report some actions can be missed by our observers. Details such as "Country X was allied with country Y, but allowed country Y to take his capital repeatedly" allows our game operators to swiftly locate evidence of cheating.

Actions such as multi account cheating, resource pushing, and wolfpacking generally require a longer investigation period than simple rule voilations.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Batmanxx420xx wrote:

So in summary:
      basicall yes.... have been month that ive reported in my server an alliance that do exactly that in all anonymus round, nothing can be done about it cause is not against the rules
      Display Spoiler
      and even if it was, thats the alliance of the server moderator
      You merely adopted the shitposting. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see a proper post until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but blinding!
    • Spiffolo wrote:

Batmanxx420xx wrote:

So in summary:
      basicall yes.... have been month that ive reported in my server an alliance that do exactly that in all anonymus round, nothing can be done about it cause is not against the rules
      Display Spoiler

Its called wolfpacking. I have no problem with losing to a coalition, thats not the issue. The issue is when a coalition is propping up someone outside of the coalition to help them to win the game and get a "solo" victory. And if they're telling us that they arent even going to stop the most basic cheating in the game then I want my fucking money back.
    • Batmanxx420xx wrote:

Spiffolo wrote:

Batmanxx420xx wrote:

So in summary:
      Display Spoiler

Its called wolfpacking. I have no problem with losing to a coalition, thats not the issue. The issue is when a coalition is propping up someone outside of the coalition to help them to win the game and get a "solo" victory. And if they're telling us that they arent even going to stop the most basic cheating in the game then I want my fucking money back.
      that's not wolfpacking

Wolfpacking is and I'll quote the rules:

Dr. Leipreachán wrote:

Wolf-Packing:

Wolf-Packing can be defined by the following events and is in violation of the rules:

If a player or a group of players follows another player around games with the purpose of harming his gaming experience due to personal motivations, will be considered Wolfpacking.

Players that violate this rule will be removed from the respective games.

Coalitions doesn't matter, you can get in and out of them easily, they are just a public-way of showing who your allies are, or part of them. Don't use coalitions and you won't be directly harmed because of them. What you'd be asking for is for people to not have allies outside their coalitions, but that's just non-realistic, because if people know each other from their external alliance or other game rounds, they'll be allies anyway, no matter if they can give RoW or Share Map to each other.

Quick example, I'm playing in a 100p map where there's only 2 coalitions left, but I'm not part of any of those coalitions, however I know that one of those coalitions will win, because they are way superior to the other, so I agreed with them to attack the others and let me live for the purpose of ending the game and get some gold. Am I cheating from your POV because I agreed with them not to attack me or because I didn't join the other coalition in order to stop them? And yes, i'll be getting second place in that specific map.
      Estoy dispuesto a darlo todo, a luchar por lo que soy, a ser libre dentro de mi, a guerrear mientras viva.

Manual: Básico y Machiavelli