Wrong newspaper article when a province is recaptured

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Wrong newspaper article when a province is recaptured

The newspaper article in the case of recaptured provinces is often incorrect, stating that "X accepted a treaty..." while there was no treaty but simply a unit has recaptured the province.

This is quite misleading, I believe, for the other players - as the initial thought is that those countries are now in peace - and should better be corrected.
    • This is a known issue that occurs due to the mechanic where core provinces return to coalition members when liberated by coalition forces. This message also appears in the paper regardless of which member of the coalition does the liberating, even when you liberate your own core province and your coalition members didn’t lift a finger to help.

As Nem pointed out the correct article also appears. As such the priority to adjust this duplicate report is very low.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Interesting, I didn’t realize that the bug had spread. Likely with the update that brought coalitions to be the dominant entity in winning / ending games that behavior affected this reporting issue also. I’ll add that to the notes on this bug.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW

• atreas1 wrote:

Yes, clearly they dont, but I think Vorlon means that it stems from something changed in team games and is now appearing in all games.

Since it is a known issue, might it be good to have a forum article with KNOWN issues, not to bother with duplicate bug reports?
      Unfortunately I think that such a list would often be outdated as there are a lot of bugs that are fixed with every update. So by the time a list got published it would already be obsolete.

Also if we didn’t discuss this today the mutation of this bug wouldn’t have been found ;)

VorlonFCW