Doomsday

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Attention, Generals!

What will happen if all states in North America are armed with nuclear weapons? Who will be able to survive? Who will push the button first? The Doomsday Clock is ticking…

In this scenario all states in North America have unlocked research up to nuclear devices and have equipped their armies with these most deadly weapons. Will you be able to unify the continent under your reign before nuclear winter is coming?

Settings for the Doomsday event:
      • 50 player North America map
      • 1x speed
      • Starts when full
      • Random country selection
      • Max. game duration 4 weeks
      • Advanced starting units (incl. nuclear rockets and bombers) and researches are available from start
      • Completely developed urban provinces and partly developed rural provinces
      • AI & human player peace period of 24 real-life hours
      • fixed runtime of 28 real life days after the game started (if not won earlier)

If you want to participate in this event simply go to the game list: Within the sign-up period (2019/08/02, 11 AM CEST - 2019/08/06, 11 AM CEST) new event rounds will be created on demand and shown on top of the list of new games. As soon as the map has started you will receive a notification to your inbox.

We wish you good luck and much fun!

Your Bytro team
      Discord: Call of War
      Facebook: Call of War
      Twitter: Call of War
    • Assuming this is based on the arms race map, then naval bases are not built for anyone, as that would give a resource production advantage to the few nations with coastal resource cities
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

Assuming this is based on the arms race map, then naval bases are not built for anyone, as that would give a resource production advantage to the few nations with coastal resource cities
      Yeah, but i'm not basing myself on assumptions, I'm basing in the description of the event and it says "Completely developed", which is false.

If they aren't going to set up naval bases level 3 then the description should be "Almost completely developed" or "Completely developed(except naval bases)"
      Estoy dispuesto a darlo todo, a luchar por lo que soy, a ser libre dentro de mi, a guerrear mientras viva.

Manual: Básico y Machiavelli
    • Am having fun with this event however there are a few issues.

1. Can we have the bomb drop video eliminated for this event? It gets tiresome logging in and having to click through so many bomb drops.

2. Food is a major issue, more so than in Arms Race. This is because we also need it for research. As such I have still not been able to research a unit. Food remains in the red with it's resultant impact on morale and economy. Despite having lost most units am still firmly in the red.

3. Oil is short as well but situation is better than with food. However the oil shortage prevents much production but more importantly it stops the repair or creation of infrastructure to address resource shortage, particularly for food or oil.

3. Goods remains short and just like oil limits building and production.

4. Rares and Metal are however tweaked with nearly all provinces being double resource production. This gives us great stockpiles but lack of the other resources means we can't do anything. So if the idea behind double rares is to allow more nukes to be built then it fails because there isn't enough of goods.

In summary, videos and resource allocations need to be addressed. I am also concerned as to how the food shortage will affect the Arms Race event which is my favourite.

COW has been revitalised over the last few months and the new and frequent events are a welcome development. Keep it up guys bitte! Danke
    • Totally agree. I started the game at -400 food consumption. Shutting down the barracks brought it down to -300. I was able to research a little before I ran out of food. With the barracks disabled I still have 165000 manpower. I can't even hold on to my core territories let alone any conquered ones due to morale. And that video!! Please disable it for this scenario. The oil situation is the same. Started with -200 and climbed from there.
      So what can you build with no food and no oil? There are a few things, and I stocked up on them.
      It is a different kind of war. You can't build tanks, infantry or planes so you covet what you have. But you can build rockets! So I sling rockets where I used to push troops.
    • Unfortunately the issues I raised in the last round remain. It makes what would be a great event merely good.

Built some extra nukes at start before the nuclear reactors take damage. Because there are no goods you can't repair it later in the game. Or if your Level 3 airbase takes damage you can't repair because you don't have fuel.

You can't do research because you haven't got food.

Your units remain low level because you can't research them. Combat takes ages.

You also seem to be unable to research rockets, the system tells you they are level 2 but the research tree says they are at the Max level?
    • Goods have never been a problem for me, unless you decide to mass produce Artillery and Anti-tanks (my case). You get 200-300/hour so the situation could be worse. Tip- Build factories when you can, you have a lot of metal and rares so put them to good use.
      "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." -Sun Tzu

- Leading officer of the Training Alliance