Sbde importance?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Sbde importance?

Early game I know that staying within efficiency works great but as the game progresses do people still value it?

Stacks of Artillery seem to be much more effective as the game progresses.

Will a stack of 24 sp artillery actually do less damage than 4 stacks of 6?
    • exsnrg wrote:

But the 24 can hit 2 sometimes 3 units without even needing to reload where as within sbde they will all need to reload....
      that's not how it works

a group of units will shoot more than once per hour if, when they use their turn to shoot, they destroy their target

24 SPA will have a SBDE of 50% I think, maybe less, but to make it quick, let's say you have 50% of SBDE for your 24 SPA and your SPA has 2,5 points when attacking.

(24 * 2,5) / 0,5= 30 points of total damage as maximum, 0,5 being the 50% SBDE

(24 * 2,5) / 1 = 60 points of total damage as maximum, 1 being the 100% SBDE

So basically, if you keep them together, you only have 1 shot that will deal a maximum of 30 points of dmg, remember, it's maximum due to the X factor, which basically means that you roll a dice and see how many points out of your maximum you deal. If you split them into 4 groups of 6, you'll have 4 shots, that will deal a maximum of 60 points of dmg.

Now, you could get lucky and have a really good shot with your group of 24 and deal the 30 from 1 single shot and I, with my 4 groups of 6 be unlucky and even with the sum of 4 shots at 100% SBDE, not achieve the damage you dealt in that round, however in the long term view, I have waaay more chances of betting your group of 24 than you beating my 4 groups of 6 due to statistics
      Estoy dispuesto a darlo todo, a luchar por lo que soy, a ser libre dentro de mi, a guerrear mientras viva.

Manual: Básico y Machiavelli
    • I understand nothin 8| -- but yeah, absolutely correct, splitting is much better :thumbup:

;)

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • nemuritor98 wrote:

exsnrg wrote:

But the 24 can hit 2 sometimes 3 units without even needing to reload where as within sbde they will all need to reload....
      that's not how it works
      a group of units will shoot more than once per hour if, when they use their turn to shoot, they destroy their target

24 SPA will have a SBDE of 50% I think, maybe less, but to make it quick, let's say you have 50% of SBDE for your 24 SPA and your SPA has 2,5 points when attacking.

(24 * 2,5) / 0,5= 30 points of total damage as maximum, 0,5 being the 50% SBDE

(24 * 2,5) / 1 = 60 points of total damage as maximum, 1 being the 100% SBDE

So basically, if you keep them together, you only have 1 shot that will deal a maximum of 30 points of dmg, remember, it's maximum due to the X factor, which basically means that you roll a dice and see how many points out of your maximum you deal. If you split them into 4 groups of 6, you'll have 4 shots, that will deal a maximum of 60 points of dmg.

Now, you could get lucky and have a really good shot with your group of 24 and deal the 30 from 1 single shot and I, with my 4 groups of 6 be unlucky and even with the sum of 4 shots at 100% SBDE, not achieve the damage you dealt in that round, however in the long term view, I have waaay more chances of betting your group of 24 than you beating my 4 groups of 6 due to statistics

Ok that’s how I understand it, it’s just seeing a big stack running around slaughtering everything made me raise the question. Only thing that stopped it was a bigger stack and the guy using it was ranked in top 10 overall.edit: wrong game this one is rank 33 overall

Thank you

The post was edited 1 time, last by exsnrg ().

• The general question has an easy answer: of course you split and go with SBDE.

The interesting question is something else: imagine two identical armies, with many land units including 24 arty for both sides. Now what do you do? The answer is not trivial, because if you leave your arty in 3x8 stacks, then the opponent will not attack the big stack (that has protection in numbers), but the smaller ones (with the arty alone). And everybody knows that arty die too easily.
    • Big stacks with low SBDE are also easier to kill. If the SDBE is only 50% and they defend this means those troops will take double damage. Overstacking is a waste of resources and troops. I love players who overstack, it means that i can kill their units more easily.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • As far as my experience goes, SBDE works both for defense and offense. Which means the troops are easier to kill, and they are. Overstacked troops are easily killed up to the point there are only 8 left then it becomes hard as their SBDE is at 100%
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • BMfox wrote:

As far as my experience goes, SBDE works both for defense and offense. Which means the troops are easier to kill, and they are. Overstacked troops are easily killed up to the point there are only 8 left then it becomes hard as their SBDE is at 100%
      Very often it is very easy to be misleaded by such observations. The usual cause is a misconception in numbers: you see a stack of (for example) 10 tacs with 91% health, but in fact there health is misleading - essentially the 10th unit has only 10% health and it only requires minimal damage to be killed. Even worse, I have seen players sending 10 units with 89% health - the 10th unit will be killed immediately, even with 0 damage by the opponent. But that is not a problem of overstacking - the same will happen when sending 8 infantry with 84% health.

The main article for SBDE is quite clear on that: it doesn't work like that. As a mod, you could perhaps press into the direction of making it work the way you describe.
    • BMfox wrote:

As far as my experience goes, SBDE works both for defense and offense. Which means the troops are easier to kill, and they are. Overstacked troops are easily killed up to the point there are only 8 left then it becomes hard as their SBDE is at 100%
      Defense and offense meaning the damage you deal defending and the damage you deal attacking, which is indeed related to the SBDE, however the HP, the hitpoints, doesn't get affected by the SBDE.

If you attack an overstacked unit, it'll only mean that their damage dealt to you is lower due to their SBDE, but their resistence is the same.
      Estoy dispuesto a darlo todo, a luchar por lo que soy, a ser libre dentro de mi, a guerrear mientras viva.

Manual: Básico y Machiavelli
    • nemuritor98 wrote:

BMfox wrote:

Defense and offense meaning the damage you deal defending and the damage you deal attacking, which is indeed related to the SBDE, however the HP, the hitpoints, doesn't get affected by the SBDE.
      If you attack an overstacked unit, it'll only mean that their damage dealt to you is lower due to their SBDE, but their resistence is the same.
      Exactly. Just to add that by "lower" it means "lower than the one they would have if not overstacked". Still, the attack or defense of (for example) 7 tacs are bigger than that of the SBDE-perfect 5 tacs. It is simply lower than if the stack was split in two stacks of (say) 5 and 2. Whether this can be advantageous or not is a whole new chapter...