New Idea: 50 Player Historic World War!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New Idea: 50 Player Historic World War!

I'm not suggesting making a whole new map, but instead to tweak the already existing 25 player map into something a bit more realistic. Now, I know what you're thinking: how in the actual hell are we gonna scrape together more countries? There aren't 50 countries in CoW that can be considered playable. In fact, if you count all of the countries that have all 5 resources, you still only have about 44 countries (rough estimate).
      You're right: there isn't. That's why we're just gonna make a couple more.
      Now, hear me out: this kind of already exists in the 100 player map. That map is A. not historically accurate, and B. 100 players. This is 50 players and it's modeled after the existing 25 player map. How would we make new countries? Autonomy. You notice how Australia, Canada, and British India are all independent countries? In reality, they had no autonomy: they were controlled directly by Britain. Why don't we just do the same for some other colonies what we did to Britain, and make some colonized countries? Here are some Ideas:
      Belgian Congo,
      Dutch East Indies,
      Portuguese Angola,
      French Algeria
      French Indochina
      Italian Ethiopia
      And so on.
      With this kind of formula, however, we run into a new problem: not all of these produce 5 resources, and hell, not all of these even have 2 industrial complex. My solution? Just add in some resources/industrial complexes. it actually shouldn't be all that hard. Here's how I define a "playable" country:

---------
      A playable country has the following:
      -3 core provinces with Industrial Complexes
      -Produces all resources
      -Has a starting Military of exactly, about, or more than 4 militia units
      -Has the ability to produce more military units at a moment's notice
      ---------

With this definition in mind, we now have the following countries that are playable:
      -USA
      -Soviet Union
      -Mexico
      -Canada
      -Nat. China
      -Japan
      -Manchukuo
      -Mongolia
      -Xingjiang
      -Tibet
      -British India
      -Australia
      -British Burma
      -Dutch East Indies
      -French Indochina
      -Korea
      -Portuguese Angola
      -Belgian Congo
      -South Africa
      -New Zealand
      -Venezuela
      -Colombia
      -Peru
      -Bolivia
      -Argentina
      -Brazil
      -Italian Ethiopia
      -Sweden
      -Finland
      -Norway
      -France
      -UK
      -Iraq
      -Germany
      -Poland
      -Romania
      -Hungary
      -Yugoslavia
      -Greece
      -Italy
      -Italian Libya
      -British Egypt
      -Persia (Iran)
      -Turkey
      -French Middle East
      -British Middle East
      -Spain
      -Portugal
      -Phillipines
      -British Sudan

And that brings us to 50 countries!

Like I said, certain places would need industrial complexes as well as other resources, but the devs do it all the time for All Countries, All In, so this shouldn't really be a problem.

Ideas? Changes? Lemme know in the comments.
    • This has already been done with the 73 player historical all countries all in event map.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • You really wasted your time writing that...
      There is a historical problem, much of the countries were puppets or colonies, so much of the map should obey their master, this wouldnt be the case, smaller countries would team up and kick out the colonialists blah blah blah... it isnt realistic to see Lybia controlling Rome or whatever... this 73 map is a perfect example of that, i am playing with Oman and i just control the whole East Africa with literally no casualties
    • If you are going to free all the colonies they will simply act as their own nations and conquer each other rather than listening to their parent country. It also makes the colonial powers significantly weaker than they should be; now Germany is even more OP than it should be since Italy, France, and the UK are all weaker. If you have all of these random countries that did not exist in 1939 as it is, you might as well make some more countries, just to balance things out... and oh no, now you've gone and created the 100 player map.