Sandbox Gamemode

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Sandbox Gamemode

I read a thread a while ago about the possibility of having a sandbox game for an alliance. The idea for a sandbox would be to try tactics and to practice combat against other players. I want to see a game mode like this for players to practice and to build up there nation while not having to worry about another player to invade and eliminate them quickly.

The sandbox would be a 100 player map that an alliance would be able to create. there isn't an upkeep on the map so it can last forever and the sandbox creator can choose different settings for the map.

Again, this was something I read a while ago and is also something I want to see in game.

Sandbox options:
      - resource production
      - normal
      - 2x
      - 4x
      - 8x

- daily speed
      - normal
      - 2x
      - 4x

Please comment what you think
    • kylinho wrote:

I read a thread a while ago about the possibility of having a sandbox game for an alliance. The idea for a sandbox would be to try tactics and to practice combat against other players. I want to see a game mode like this for players to practice and to build up there nation while not having to worry about another player to invade and eliminate them quickly.

The sandbox would be a 100 player map that an alliance would be able to create. there isn't an upkeep on the map so it can last forever and the sandbox creator can choose different settings for the map.

Again, this was something I read a while ago and is also something I want to see in game.

Sandbox options:
      - resource production
      - normal
      - 2x
      - 4x
      - 8x

- daily speed
      - normal
      - 2x
      - 4x

Please comment what you think
      good idea, i also think stuff like infinite resources, limitless coalitions, you can spawn in troops without building them, or creator can do that, and so much more, imagine a battle between 1k light tanks
    • I totally agree.In the Stanford Prison Expirement by Dr. Philip Zimbardo he stated that the easiest way to find out what something is like, is to recreate it. Through the years so many video games have implemented these tools for practice of which have seen increases of more skilled players in a game. Just think if you play with some friends and play catch you get better at catch, which will prepare you for a real game. I think that this should be implemented. If this feature is not implemented it will cost a lot of players to quit. I myself may quit if I don’t see this, because I like to do role plays and such.
    • This can be done in a limited manner, with a non-ranked 22 map, but it doesn't have the features you suggested.
      I agree, this would be a great game mode to try out new tactics without ruining stats and in an accelerated manner.
      General Nightman

Retired Hero

"War is fought in three ways. Helping your enemy to lose, helping your allies to victory or helping yourself to win. Any way you take it, you are always helping someone."
    • You can do this already (in a manner of speaking).

Get into a 100 map with all of you, conquer a continent (I suggest the 5 of you starting on the Far East of Asia), then work your Way east together conquering as you go or you could do 3 in North America and 2 in South America, then head East to Europe and Africa).

None of you will get large enough to trigger Solo Victory, and if you are getting there, Just create an alliance (and don't have anyone join) and now you'd need 3,952 VP to win the game alone (65% of the Map). [I don't understand the 52 VP since you can only earn VP in increments of 10 but that's an issue for another day)

Make sure you're on Discord organizing and making your plans...

My Alliance does this all the time, and we have a hilarious time. While the new players get to learn from the experienced ones.
      General Maximus Decimus Meridius - "Are you not entertained?"