Negative Food work around?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Negative Food work around?

In quite a few games there are cases where you run out of food and are negative on the food hourly production.

The work around question is this:

If an hour before day change you trade in or buy in several thousand food over and above your hourly negative, then when the day change comes will it not have a negative result for morale on your provinces because for that hour they have food? :/
    • no, if you run out of food for an hour, you'll have a negative effect equal to an hour, if it lasts for 24 hours the negative effect will be equal to 24 hours

the negative effect on morale is related to the amount of hours, it's not counted as 1 day, but as 24 hours,
      Estoy dispuesto a darlo todo, a luchar por lo que soy, a ser libre dentro de mi, a guerrear mientras viva.

Manual: Básico y Machiavelli
    • Well, Yes and no.

The negative effect on morale for food shortage is a scale. If you have enough food for 8 hours, the resource shortage penalty is not applied to that day's morale calculations.

The scale slides based on how many hours of food you have. One hour is quite close to the "zero" mark, and will not help you much.

I have sucessfully purchased an 9 hour supply just before day change and gotten through day change without that morale hit being applied. So it works. It is hard to rely on, having food available on the market in the right quantity at the right time, but I managed to do it two days in a row once, and that was enough to get additional buildings built in food provinces and conquer more food provinces, so that really saved me in that game.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Yet, it certainly constitutes a loophole. Based on the idea of Vorlon, you can make it last for much longer that would be normal:

1. When you see that you are about to run out of food, you buy whatever you can and "hide" it in the market.
      2. One hour before the day change you "release" food for 9 hours and hide again the rest in the market.

Thus, since the food deficit doesn't touch the food in the market (correct me if I am wrong here - alternatively you can borrow it for a day to an ally), you can make your food last for almost 3 times more...
    • atreas1 wrote:

When you see that you are about to run out of food, you buy whatever you can and "hide" it in the market.
      You certainly can, providing that other players in the map are not willing to pay $30 for food. ;)
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • It's the most concerning for pariticularly the Doomsday Event and the Arms Race Event, since those start with strong negative food productions. Hiding your food for $30 is the only bet and saving the allocated 3 food purchases for later. People still buy your food for $30, so one option is to trade embargo everyone.
    • AdrianTheStrategist wrote:

It's the most concerning for pariticularly the Doomsday Event and the Arms Race Event, since those start with strong negative food productions. Hiding your food for $30 is the only bet and saving the allocated 3 food purchases for later. People still buy your food for $30, so one option is to trade embargo everyone.
      Trade embargo everyone is dangerous, it's the closest thing to war and many players will take it offensively.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • BMfox wrote:

AdrianTheStrategist wrote:

It's the most concerning for pariticularly the Doomsday Event and the Arms Race Event, since those start with strong negative food productions. Hiding your food for $30 is the only bet and saving the allocated 3 food purchases for later. People still buy your food for $30, so one option is to trade embargo everyone.
      Trade embargo everyone is dangerous, it's the closest thing to war and many players will take it offensively.
      Trade Embargo is useless.