Annexed nation provinces become core

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Annexed nation provinces become core

When a nation gets annexed and its land is directly connected to occupiers capital, then all the occupied provinces could become core. I see this as an important improvement because, at the moment there is no real incentive to build structures on occupied territory.

The costs for building a level 1 industrial plant are quite high so even if a territory produces 2000 materials a day, once it becomes occupied it would take 20 days to recover just the metal alone. So at the moment it is madness to improve a non core territory.

A bonus for Call of War would be gold purchases, as if a player will get a sensible return they would be more likely to buy gold to make those improvements, while still being able to field an army over further distances.

I think that any territory overseas or a direct route blocked by another countries occupation, should be non core.
    • I understand the non core penalty but i do think maybe the penalty itself is too high. I havent been playing too long but as my borders expand and my navy oil and food production cant keep up with it in my core provinces. what the population consumes in food from new conquered land is more than what i can produce in non core food provinces. so the food production coming from the mainland is having to feed territories while some of these territories are fertile lands. maybe a reduction to 50% would do better. also doesnt this limit the ability to become a super power?

Im a huge fan since joining a few weeks ago and a customer :D but this is my only complaint about the game.
    • It is fine. If you think before attacking rather than just attacking whatever your forces are closest to is best, especially if you build up provinces and think before you produce units. I find the penalty very easy to overcome.

Forum ArmyField Marshall :00000441:

Mess with the Bill, you get the scorn!

• You haven't been playing long and probably haven't experienced the Province "morale bump". Watch how each captured territory increases in output as morale increases. If you keep your penalties at a minimum (don't attack every country on the map and finish killing all the units of countries you're at war with) you will see it grow. For example the second or third country I take out I hit a low on manpower and go negative on food production, but as that population reaches 50%, I am no longer in a negative but a positive food growth. First thing I do in a game is get my Infra to 3 and Industrial Complexes to 5 in every resource producing province and I stay at the top of the heap for army size and research. Then start on territories closest to you and work your way out. No sense spending resources on a far flung territory to only lose it in a counter attack.