Making new players experienced faster

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Making new players experienced faster

The problem with the game as of now is that too much new players are joining and not enough of them are learing about the game, it isn't the new players fault because the game tutorial is flawed, it only tells you "this is what being attacked looks like this is how to move a troop". It doesn't cover even the most basic things like checking stats before attacking, or how putting an artillery and an armored car in the same division slows down the armored car. After the first time I did a tutorial I didn't even know how to capture a province. I wasn't taught that oil and food were used up, I wasn't taught that you can use the stock market, I wasn't taught "check the stats of the building", I accidentally misclicked and then found out infrastructure increases production and morale, I was never taught that anti-tanks are solely defense untill i accidentally misclicked.

Sunmarized
      The tutorial is useless not teaching you the most basic of things
      And because of this lackluster tutorial there isn't a large enough pool of good players to make the game fun for the more experienced

The post was edited 1 time, last by Phonie2 ().

• I agree with Phonie2 ... My first game on the 22-player tutorial map was actually like on the job training ... Although I had strategic game experience from old Risk and Avalon Hill games, plus Civilization 2

I was fortunate to win solo because there were not any experienced players in that first game, like the two I found in my second game ... and I won in coalition with them ... :tumbleweed:
    • I would be a bigger fan for games divided in levels. For example:

1: 0-20
      2: 20 - 35
      3: 35 - 50
      4: 50+

Now you have players of level 50 of higher entering a tutorial or a clash of nations level 22 where they meet beginners. This way they can win, boost their stats and win gold. New players get obliterated, having no chance to match and give up.

The tutorial should be presented more in depth where the game is presented more deeply and the forum where a lot of info is to be found needs to be more promoted.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • I'm relatively new to this game, and I enjoy the presence of more experienced players that can teach me a lesson or two. Thus I don't mind playing with somebody over level 50.

However, I've seen that in some games entry is restricted to prevent newcomers from coming in- I guess to prevent a high dropout ratio and keep up high quality of play. I just made it above level 40, so I wish they kept the restriction at 40+ so I can play ... (-:
    • gusv wrote:

I'm relatively new to this game, and I enjoy the presence of more experienced players that can teach me a lesson or two. Thus I don't mind playing with somebody over level 50.

However, I've seen that in some games entry is restricted to prevent newcomers from coming in- I guess to prevent a high dropout ratio and keep up high quality of play. I just made it above level 40, so I wish they kept the restriction at 40+ so I can play ... (-:
      I feel you, I just became level 50 so now i can enter those games, hell I can make them myself :) Want me to launch one?
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • May be ready to play another game about a week from now ... I just started playing the 39 historical map (I'm a WW2 history freak) ... I try to play not more than one game at a time. And I got 1 coalition partner that I think may be going inactive soon.
    • Phonie2 wrote:

The problem with the game as of now is that too much new players are joining and not enough of them are learing about the game, it isn't the new players fault because the game tutorial is flawed, it only tells you "this is what being attacked looks like this is how to move a troop". It doesn't cover even the most basic things like checking stats before attacking, or how putting an artillery and an armored car in the same division slows down the armored car. After the first time I did a tutorial I didn't even know how to capture a province. I wasn't taught that oil and food were used up, I wasn't taught that you can use the stock market, I wasn't taught "check the stats of the building", I accidentally misclicked and then found out infrastructure increases production and morale, I was never taught that anti-tanks are solely defense untill i accidentally misclicked.

Sunmarized
      The tutorial is useless not teaching you the most basic of things
      And because of this lackluster tutorial there isn't a large enough pool of good players to make the game fun for the more experienced
      lol. For me I skipped the tutorial(archived the game) and joined a regular one. So I practically missed all the tutorials.
      hi