Country specific units?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Country specific units?

So what about exclusive units for certain countries? like the U.S. army rangers, or the SAS, the Maquis, Brandenburgers, Spetsnaz etc.
      War is the only place where a man truly lives. -George Patton

Veni, Vidi, Vici - Julius Caesar

I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion. - Alexander the Great

The post was edited 1 time, last by Elitenoob0wnage ().

• Sorry, new to the game and forums so I didn't know if an idea like this had bee posted.

I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion. - Alexander the Great
    • I think the dev's have done a great job with units, they are lacking about 5 to 6 more that are really needed, but they have given the building blocks for any Grand Strategy fighter to begin his empire. True, playing as Germany, I don't want to be flying B-17 or B-29 bombers (I might if they put the cross on them) but there were concept craft they could use. And with limited funds coming in, they don't prioritize graphics but they get there eventually (I mean if the icons for my fighter were cool, I might post it to facebook.) But what units are provided, you have to find what suits your playing style, and like any good War game, they emphasize attacking. I hope I never have to defend because I don't know how to. That being said, the exclusive units you talk about come into play in various ways already in the game. I looked at my 22 stack of of the 29th Tactical Bomber unit, have destroyed 37 units. Now that Exclusive name will be remembered by me in the game.
    • mallahanjr wrote:

True, playing as Germany, I don't want to be flying B-17 or B-29 bombers (I might if they put the cross on them) but there were concept craft they could use.
      I agree, I don't think Poland was communist during ww2 and on their heavy tank there's a red star. it doesn't bother me much but it is there...

• I really think they should use the Me-264 as the Strategic and the Ju-390 as the Nuclear bombers, for Germany / Axis.
      Images
      • messerschmitt-me264-amerika_2.jpg

63.19 kB, 800×335, viewed 132 times
      • junkers-ju390-new-york-bomber.jpg

25.32 kB, 347×418, viewed 178 times
    • comrade dave wrote:

I would like them to change the skins and pictures for the different units to suit the country your playing as
      I totally agree....im playing as Poland and Poland is using soviet tanks and skins....Poland was not communist during ww2....

• Well, I partially agree with you, @Elitenoob0wnage. Who ever heard of German commandos? I think there could be one faction-specific unit. Commandos for Allies, Super Heavy Armor for Germans, Rocket Launchers for Soviets.

I also suggest giving a different unit tree to the British, more than enough equipment to fill it up. If the British were included, I'd propose the following:
      • British faction-specific unit are the Commandos, having a buff that is that they're invisible in mountains and forests
      • American faction-specific unit are the Rangers, better than infantry, and I guess we could give them some sort of buff.
      • German is Super Heavy Armor. Slightly better than heavy armor, though not too OP and very slow
      • Russian is the Rocket Launcher. Kinda like artillery, but does a lot more damage. Although some other countries used rocket launchers, none of them were as effective and famous as 'Stalin's Organs'.
      The past is a foreign country.
    • Apocaslip wrote:

Poland used a lot of russian material and russian tanks
      Yes I know, I don't care about the actual vehicles, just the skins that are used....