Elite AI for All

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• To give everyone a more complete idea what influences relations to elite AI:

Actions that improve your popularity with AI:
      - being enemy with their enemies
      - being friends (having good relations) with them and their friends
      - trading with them

Actions that decrease your popularity with AI:
      - having peace or better relations with their enemies
      - having bad diplomatic relations or war with them or their friends
      - starting new wars without declaring them
      - when producing alot of troops while already being unpopular
      - having troops in their country without right of way
      - getting your spies caught by them
    • I find the AI unrealistic. Why should they be able to magic (what seems to be) an army in a province with no means of production. They also, do not seem to be affected by lack of resources too and will always find the ability to create an air defence unit out of thin air.
      Also why if you do not attack them, will they not accept an offer of peace - ever! or even trade with you.

Still some work to be done here, I feel
    • freezy wrote:

To give everyone a more complete idea what influences relations to elite AI:
      Hello Freezy,

would it possible to introduce an (i) button on declaring war that opens an info screen with the effects on popularity?

At present it is like arcane magic and if popularity drops on smaller maps you might loose just for that effect. With such info everyone get more aware of the consequences.
    • Another thing....Supply Crates!

Why drop them in country that is in-active and at peace, thus forcing another war and another country who is hostile.

Drop them in a country that is already at war with the player.

I know that answer by the way..it is about gold...do not ruin this game by becoming greedy.
    • Funnelroo wrote:

I find the AI unrealistic. Why should they be able to magic (what seems to be) an army in a province with no means of production. They also, do not seem to be affected by lack of resources too and will always find the ability to create an air defence unit out of thin air.
      Also why if you do not attack them, will they not accept an offer of peace - ever! or even trade with you.

Still some work to be done here, I feel
      @Funnelroo,
      The fact that you did not see/discover the units present in a province, does not mean it was produced out of thin air...
      Elite AI has the same possibilities AND impossibilities as any human player; there is no magic for them.
      However, what may be bothering for many: Elite AI is smarter than most human players that never really bothered to learn the depths, layers and variables of this game.
      Luckily for those players, the depth and variables have been horridly reduced with the recent updates and the game has lost many options for player interaction, trade and strategies. So, luckily for these players, the game has been dumbed down a lot.
      Coping with Elite AI should therefore also be easier than before, though you still will have to make more of an effort to grasp the (remaining) ins-n-outs of the game better. And IMO that is not a bad thing at all...
    • well since that province was taken by a loan enemy unit which then went on it's merry way, then around 24 hrs later I sent a unit to chase after it - low and behold another anti-air had materialised from nowhere and was in my path. There was no Industrial complex to build that unit.
      If you do not build an industrial complex you can not build a unit. I guess the AI being smarter means it does not need an Industrial complex. I look forward to the release of this new technology.
    • Funnelroo wrote:

well since that province was taken by a loan enemy unit which then went on it's merry way, then around 24 hrs later I sent a unit to chase after it - low and behold another anti-air had materialised from nowhere and was in my path. There was no Industrial complex to build that unit.
      If you do not build an industrial complex you can not build a unit. I guess the AI being smarter means it does not need an Industrial complex. I look forward to the release of this new technology.
      Elite AI has as many starting factories and units as you. Only they are most likely more active than most players in economic, industrial and army development than most human players, because AI does understand the game and its options and above all, AI never sleeps and never goes inactive....

Already long, long ago, from the 1st day when AI started playing this game (in those days there wasn't even an e-mail address to register with like us! really AI doesn't have e-mail!) AI also discovered that it can actually move units!!
      This almost revolutionary and ill adopted concept to most humans is actually actively used by Elite AI (and before that also by regular AI. RIP) to its own advantage ...and thus to the detriment of the less enlightened humans.

Now, having covered the history, back to the AA appearing far away from a manufacturing site in a location where it was not before.

The logical explanation for that AA appearing in that location, where it was not before and where there is no industry, is: ...

wait for it! ...

... It walked there!

Yes; shocking; isn't it? Even though it had 24hrs to get there...

Now that you learned about this weird concept, it might be worth experimenting with: moving units, merging them to armies, thinking about their capacities and (un)suitability for the terrain they are in, the role they should play in a battle etc and so forth.

PS: it can't have been a 'loan' enemy unit btw. Trading units outside coalitions is impossible after the recent and mostly BAD CHANGES (which limited diplomatic options, limit player interaction & choices, ruined trade, imposed illogical workarounds and favor map-mobbing alliances). Hence, it must have been a 'LONE' unit. Just saying....

The post was edited 4 times, last by _Pontus_ ().

• Funnelroo wrote:

it is obvious you must troll this forum and give wonderful advice. Inaccurate, but still wonderful.
      Inaccurate? Where is it inaccurate? I love to learn, so please enlighten me.

What I already did learn:
      1. AI gets no magic units
      2. AI units move around the map
      3. AI has production locations and can build even new ones
      4. AI produces new units
      5. AI does research
      6. AI trades

In short: AI does what humans do, but often better than the majority of human players and AI does not sleep.
      And with the passing of regular AI (RIP), better get used to it: Elite AI is proactive!

And thank you for the 'wonderful' compliment ;)

But I am not making up everything. There are a lot of facts in there, i.e. AI really must be one of the oldest players, doesn't have an e-mail address, username or password! But I guess AI doesn't need it because AI never logs out. The latter is a guess though; not a fact.

The post was edited 3 times, last by _Pontus_ ().

• _Pontus_ wrote:

Funnelroo wrote:

it is obvious you must troll this forum and give wonderful advice. Inaccurate, but still wonderful.
      Inaccurate? Where is it inaccurate? I love to learn, so please enlighten me.
      What I already did learn:
      1. AI gets no magic units
      2. AI units move around the map
      3. AI has production locations and can build even new ones
      4. AI produces new units
      5. AI does research
      6. AI trades

In short: AI does what humans do, but often better than the majority of human players and AI does not sleep.
      And with the passing of regular AI (RIP), better get used to it: Elite AI is proactive!

And thank you for the 'wonderful' compliment ;)

But I am not making up everything. There are a lot of facts in there, i.e. AI really must be one of the oldest players, doesn't have an e-mail address, username or password! But I guess AI doesn't need it because AI never logs out. The latter is a guess though; not a fact.
      What I learned: Humans could actually move units too, and produce things too, and research too! (If only they would) It staggers the mind.