Market Overhaul

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Game Evolving

Axis&Allies is on which "evolution" of the original now... 7th? with how many spin off's using same game mechanics on different maps?... a dozen or so.

Eve Online has not gone 6 moths without changes since it began more than a dozen years online.

Even Monopoly has undergone changes.

It's your money, spend it where YOU want. If you don't like the changes, take your money out and put it where you enjoy spending it more. Weather the Dev's can afford their lattes should not be your concern.

On the other hand if you like, don't mind or can tolerate the changes, and find that you still get entertainment from your money that you spend on this game is worthwhile to you.. keep spending it.

If you play for free and don't support this game financially... the Dev's have been generous enough to offer this forum for us where we can whine about all they've done and we're not even charged for this method of entertaining ourselves.

100 Map
    Day 14
    Market roughly what it was before the Market Overhaul (still hating the changes but market is being used)
    General Maximus Decimus Meridius - "Are you not entertained?"
  • I have a question, how can you play a good 1939 Historical if you are not Japan, Germany, USSR ,USA or another top country ? I started as Australia a week ago because I wanted a challenge , all that I do is build 1 lvl of IC per day because of resources. So this map not only you don't have armies as a low tier country you don't EVER got a chance against a human top tier country because you can never evolve as they are ( research/production/army). All my hope goes into them getting AI. I will play until the end but is not a fun way for someone who doesn't have my patience to develop rather a big land without resources. My opinion is to have that map removed until the market is resolved or have it like a 10 player map ( which I know is a bad idea). It is literally impossible .
  • Newbss wrote:

I have a question, how can you play a good 1939 Historical if you are not Japan, Germany, USSR ,USA or another top country ? I started as Australia a week ago because I wanted a challenge , all that I do is build 1 lvl of IC per day because of resources. So this map not only you don't have armies as a low tier country you don't EVER got a chance against a human top tier country because you can never evolve as they are ( research/production/army). All my hope goes into them getting AI. I will play until the end but is not a fun way for someone who doesn't have my patience to develop rather a big land without resources. My opinion is to have that map removed until the market is resolved or have it like a 10 player map ( which I know is a bad idea). It is literally impossible .
    I started last 1939 Map in South America (not Brazil) I've started 100 map as Chinese Sichuan.. both definately NOT major starting powers. Won Both Games as first in points and largest army. In fact I've made it a point NOT to start as one of the 1st Tier countries in any game I've played (granted I'm new and only on 9th game ATM). I've still got lots to learn and tend to learn more playing the underdog than starting on top.

9 out of 10 times it's who quits and goes AI around you and who doesn't that dictates your first week. 2nd week is when you start making alliances.

I agree with you that MORE needs to be done to prevent players from starting 100 games and going AI in 99 of them, that would greatly improve ALL aspects of the game including MARKET!

Much of this thread has discussed the market as it it's somehow Independent of other factors. I'd say that if you put it together WITH other factors such as the High drop out rate of players in game, the picture becomes clearer.
  • I have not tried Australia yet in 39 map (won with Brazil and Spain). My coalition partners have included some decent players that controlled Canada, Romania, Manchuria and Tibet.

Although those games I won were sometime back before the market overhaul- which prevented trades between human players outside a coalition and taxed trades in the market. The main mode of trading in this game is resources. Yet silly taxes and trade restrictions have drastically reduced this type of trade, particularly if you are not in a coalition.

I think that the market overhaul will benefit only those players that have been around for a while and play in coalitions like a wolf pack ... As I said before, silly taxes and trade restrictions are killing this wonderful game! ...
  • Exactly, you don't always want to start as a big power, but without trading you are doomed. My only concern is that they want to make a update in late October. All I'm saying is that is hard for a low level player to acknowledge his position in a map like that and finish it with the current changes. The market was the only think that kept you alive and kicking in late game in 1939 as a low tier country.
  • Ryan04px2025 wrote:

Wait, you are leaving CoW?
    Not fully the forum yet, but starting a new game without trade and diplomacy? No, why should I do that? Boredom I can get somewhere else.

Mandurah wrote:

To address issue of super stacks/ trading large armies there was a 10% limit per day.
    As was explained several times already, also in this thread: The definition of the term "superstack" is a stack containing several units of same type but different (research) level - and thus ignoring SBDE limitations. Limits in the amount of units traded per day didn't help against this seldom, but indeed possible abuse. So removing unit trade indeed made some sense... although I agree also the loss of this feature hurts... better but probably not easily implementable solution would be to change SBDE calculation so it considers all units of same type in a stack regardless of their level - see --> this post <-- on that.
    Anyhow removing resource trade outside coalitions and taxing market? No, nothing positive achieved by that.
  • Re: Stacking different Lvl units of same Type

Even something as simple as units for the same type "ie infantry" of different levels, the could suffer a damage allocation penalty, the Lower level units fight, but the higher level units take the damage.

Day 15 on 100 map
    Market active... wouldn't know things had changed.
  • Thanks for the well written feedback Hans! I definitely get your point.

I can tell you what was not our intention: To actively decrease our userbase (why would we?) or to create a "we vs. them" kind of scenario. It is unfortunate that it is perceived that way. You are kind of right though that there are different player types. Not all changes are benefitial to each player group. Sometimes changes adress one group more than the other, and there is always the unfortunate truth that you cannot please everyone and sometimes the needs of group A and group B or Bytro as a business are contradicting eachother, and we have to juggle all of them. So while the last change may not have been in favor of the player group you are speaking of, there certainly will be changes in the future which will be. It's always a give and take in online game development :).

To clarify one statement: Coalition leaving/kicking info is logged in a certain way and could be checked by our support team. Frequently going in and out of coalitions also increases the chance that regular players spot such dubious behaviour, which may prompt more accurate multi reports. So if you observe anything like that, please report these players and our support team will be able to check and verify.

But yes, multi accounts are not the sole reason for these changes and I mentioned multiple times already that another big reason for the changes is balancing, e.g. making it a bit harder to circumvent the intended map balancing and make it more of a challenge to deal with bottlenecks. This certainly was achieved.

The team has seen and discussed the feedback in this thread by the way. Although we cannot please everyone and I also cannot promise any changes on these topics in the near future we are grateful that you provided us with your feedback.
  • OK, so I may be late to the party (in fact I'm willing to bet that I am) so just redirect me to where I need to be if necessary. What's up with the new trading mechanics between countries? I took a roughly 6 month break from the game, and when I came back, I couldn't buy a province off of another player for resources anymore. What gives?