We want Call of War to be an exciting, realistic and balanced gaming experience for all of you. With that in mind, we will introduce several changes to trading in Call of War with our next update on September 3rd 2019.
To start with, you will find that the option to trade units with other players is not available anymore. This change reflects both the realism and the balancing approach. Currently players are able to trade up to 10% of their armies on a daily basis, which can lead to rather bizarre and unrealistic situations.
Furthermore exchanging resources via diplomatic trading will be limited to coalition and team members. This means that trading with enemies or neutral countries will be possible only through the stock market. This reduces options for account pushing as all accounts need to be in the same coalition or team as well as betraying a team or coalition by gifting resources to the enemy. Also, it makes the general balance of the map more fair and predictable. In events or scenarios that don’t have teams or coalitions, trading resources is only possible through the exchange.
Speaking of coalitions, we will introduce a cooldown for joining or creating a new coalition after a player left or was kicked from a previous one. The cooldown after leaving a coalition will be 3 days and 1 day if the player gets kicked out. This change is designed to make coalition hopping less appealing and undercutting enemy coalitions a more risky strategic option.
We will introduce a 10% trading fee on trades through the stock market. The fee is added on top of the price a player pays when accepting a buy offer, while it is subtracted from the amount a player would receive when accepting a sell offer.* This change addresses an issue where players used the exchange as their private warehouses to store/hide resources from the enemy when their provinces were about to be conquered. Apart from the trading fees the maximum prices will be adjusted as well. Currently you can set prices per unit between 1.0 money and 30 money. This will be changed to prices per unit between 3.0 money and 30 money.
Upcoming changes in existing and new games:
- The option to trade units via diplomatic trading will be removed.
- The option to trade resources via diplomatic trading will be limited to coalition and team members.
- Minimum prices per unit for resources will be increased from 1.0 money to 3.0 money. the maximum prices per unit will be set to 30 money.
- Introduction of a 10% trading fee for buyers and sellers when trading resources through the exchange.
- 10% money is added on top of the price the user pays when accepting a buy offer, while 10% money is subtracted from the amount the user receives when the user is accepting a sell offer.
- Players will have a 3 days cooldown for joining or creating a coalition avert they leave a coalition.
- Players will have a 1 day cooldown for joining or creating a coalition after they got kicked from a coalition.
Your Bytro team
Edit: *When removing an offer from the stock market the paid 10% fee will not be paid back.