Espionage Price Changes - Patch Notes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Espionage Price Changes - Patch Notes

Attention, generals!

With today’s update we adjust the price points for the premium espionage actions. As we are continually reviewing Call of War and its features, we now took a look at the available premium espionage actions and realized how powerful they can be. To reflect it in the game balancing we decided to set their gold prices to according levels.

We also release an update to the fire controls today. As promised several weeks ago we took the time to review our latest update and adjusted it according to player expectations. While the “aggressive” fire mode still works like before to enable naval blockades, we changed the “fire at will” mode back to the original behaviour. This means that on default settings no unwanted wars with neutral nations are triggered. This change will be affecting all current and future game rounds.

There are quite a few new things to discover, some of which we already highlighted in the news over the last couple of days. Read through the complete list of features and bug fixes below:

General:
      • Elite AI becomes a free feature of Call of War and replaces the current normal AI.
      • We adjusted the names and descriptions of premium spy actions to make more clear what they do.
      • We adjusted prices for premium spy actions to better reflect their power in the game.
      • Price for country info will be increased from 750 to 2,000 gold.
      • Price for reveal armies will increase from 750 to 2,000 gold.
      • Price for reveal all armies will increase from 1,650 to 9,500 gold.
      • We added tooltips to the relation icons displayed in trade dialogs to make it easier to see which icon stands for which diplomatic trade.
      • When merging units with different fire mode settings, the merged stack will adopt the fire mode of the more powerful unit.
      • We improved the unit selection on mobile devices.
      • Trading on the stock market comes with a 10% fee for buyers and sellers.
      • Minimum price per unit on the stock market is set to 3.0 money.
      • Maximum price per unit on the stock market is set to 30 money.
      • Units cannot be traded anymore.
      • Trading resources via diplomatic trading is limited to coalition and team members.
      • Leaving a coalition causes a 3 days cooldown before a player can join or create a new coalition.
      • Being kicked from a coalition causes a 1 day cooldown before a player can join or create a new coalition.
      Bug fixes:
      • We resolved an issue which caused unit specific kill achievements like “panzer ace” not being updating correctly.
      • We resolved an issue that caused the infantry tab being loaded by default when opening research on mobile devices.
      • We resolved an issue on mobile devices that prevented the arrival time of enemy and allied units to be displayed when selecting a moving unit on the map.
      • We resolved an issue that prevented land range units set to aggressive fire mode to open fire on other units within their attack range.
      • We resolved an issue where additional queue slots were displayed incorrectly on mobile and PC.
      • Resolved an issue where units could not be selected in a certain area in the Pacific Ocean on the “World at War” and “1939 Historic World War” maps.
      Scenario rotation:
      • 2019-09-03 - 2019-09-10: Pacific Conquest
      • 2019-09-10 - 2019-09-17: America Homefront
      We hope you like these new updates and bug fixes and wish you all the best on the battlefield!

Your Bytro team
      Discord: Call of War
      Facebook: Call of War
      Twitter: Call of War
    • Guess it was wishful thinking.

What I’d like to know, and I apologise in advance if this off topic, is whether the recent update changing default engagement rules for ships are still in force. Meaning that ships that cross paths engage eachother causing war between the respective nations, for a non-High command player.
      Because, and with all due respect, this is by far the most counterproductive update that I’ve personally seen in this game.
    • VIRVCOBRV wrote:

Guess it was wishful thinking.

What I’d like to know, and I apologise in advance if this off topic, is whether the recent update changing default engagement rules for ships are still in force. Meaning that ships that cross paths engage eachother causing war between the respective nations, for a non-High command player.
      Because, and with all due respect, this is by far the most counterproductive update that I’ve personally seen in this game.
      Sorry, you were right bud,

Arcorian wrote:

We also release an update to the fire controls today. As promised several weeks ago we took the time to review our latest update and adjusted it according to player expectations. While the “aggressive” fire mode still works like before to enable naval blockades, we changed the “fire at will” mode back to the original behaviour. This means that on default settings no unwanted wars with neutral nations are triggered. This change will be affecting all current and future game rounds.
      Estoy dispuesto a darlo todo, a luchar por lo que soy, a ser libre dentro de mi, a guerrear mientras viva.

Manual: Básico y Machiavelli
    • VIRVCOBRV wrote:

Guess it was wishful thinking.

This also applies to close combat, meaning that ships using the default "Fire at Will" setting do not trigger wars anymore.
      ...unless the enemy unit is set to aggressive. :evil:
      Discord: Call of War
      Facebook: Call of War
      Twitter: Call of War
    • Arcorian wrote:

Price for reveal all armies will increase from 1,650 to 9,500 gold.
      This one's a great improvement; thank you for that!

Now - to round this off - would also be nice if "reveal all" from regular spies at day change would become much more seldom. But that's less important. The most important step to enable players to surprise their enemies with what they have where has been done with this change :thumbup: .
    • Arcorian wrote:

We improved the unit selection on mobile devices.
      Hallejuah.

Arcorian wrote:

Price for country info will be increased from 750 to 2,000 gold.

Price for reveal armies will increase from 750 to 2,000 gold.

Price for reveal all armies will increase from 1,650 to 9,500 gold.
      This has been needed for so long!

Arcorian wrote:

Trading on the stock market comes with a 10% fee for buyers and sellers.

Minimum price per unit on the stock market is set to 3.0 money.

Maximum price per unit on the stock market is set to 30 money.

Units cannot be traded anymore.

Trading resources via diplomatic trading is limited to coalition and team members.
      Major Bummers.

Arcorian wrote:

Leaving a coalition causes a 3 days cooldown before a player can join or create a new coalition.

Being kicked from a coalition causes a 1 day cooldown before a player can join or create a new coalition.
      I personally am pleased with the coalition rules: It makes it a lot more serious choice when choosing allies.

Overall, pretty good update. :)
      General Nightman

Retired Hero

"War is fought in three ways. Helping your enemy to lose, helping your allies to victory or helping yourself to win. Any way you take it, you are always helping someone."
    • @General Nightman, I agree with all of your opinions except for the resumé. Because the major bummers you mentioned (more precisely the limitations to trading resources - 10% tax on market and no more trade outside coalitions) are ten times stronger than the other changes (which are improvements indeed). Due to them, CoW isn't worth playing anymore, because they eliminated strategy and diversification of the games. The small improvements are only marginalia next to that.

But well, since freezy liked your post, he seems to agree that the limitations to trading resources are major bummers. So certainly we can all hope and expect these will be taken back soon ;) .
    • Call of War, you are a magnificent game, and are a fun game. But you are killing an entire community, the Role-Playing community was on it´s last legs before this update, and now you are going to possibly lose 100 or up to a thousand players, some of which pays some heavy $$$ into the game, if you do not fix these issues, at least some.

1. Our community has depended on world map requests, and normally have the player count to fill it up, and normally the games last months on end, and recently the update of rotating maps are stopping roleplays nearly entirely! Just allow them to have some way to get maps, when I tried to request a world map, and was denied, our community went into a spiral of distaste for the admin´s response.

2. It is dissatisfying that we have to pay $$$ for games to be created, but we have a few that spend a lot of $$$ on the game. If we could simply make the maps we need to play, such as world maps, call of war would benefit from growing communities!

3. It is saddening that we could not give resources without a coalition, as most nations in real life didn´t have to be limited in quantity or allegiance to have trade, but it´s even worst for selling troops to be entirely unavailable. If this is fixed, it will show our community you show care for us.

4. The fire at will update makes our landswap/landshuffle difficult, as it increases the chance of your army to just be killed and have war out of no where just for landswapping, let alone the difficulties it contains when the game actually begins. If this drops, it´s a small show, but still a show of care towards our community.

Order of what is most important to us:

1 --> 3 --> 2 --> 4
    • I kept playing CoW a while after the last update (Yes. I know I said I was not going to) but since RP's still were active I choose to keep it going. But the fact I can no longer request the good maps for any RPs in this game anymore, combined with this update (that makes doing anything in an RP practicly impossible) makes me say this: the games im in today are the last ill play untill Bytro truly show they care for all their players, not just the regular ones that go into public rounds, their Roleplay community which they have (For years now) slowly killed of.

Tradeing units was an essential part of an RP, without it LS's become practicly impossible.

Tradeing outside of coalitions was also an important thing (due to peacedeals), but are no longer possible.

and look: I get it. the RP community has not allways shown respect to staff nor (due to ToS and history not getting along) always been at the best of terms. but we allways choose YOUR game. your game that created such an nice and freindly community and was an platform to explore alternative history and to find freinds! but now? Now Bytro has shown that it truly just does not care for us. And now we are turning to text RPs... some even programing their own games just to avoid haveing to deal with your constant anti-RP updates. I had an good run with this game... but good things do not last.

Note from my discord: You claim tradeing units is not realistic... yet have you heard about volounteers? mercenaries? Do you thing Germany and Italy joined the Nationalist Spanish directly in war? heck no! don't claim you change that stuff for realism sake, cause it's less realistic to remove that feature... but I guess that will become another High Command feature later eh?
    • Nations have given/lent eachother troops since the dawn of times. The Romans had gaul and Germanic auxiliaries in their legions and the King of France famously had crossbowmen at his disposal given by the city of Genoa. Those are just two examples, but especially WW2 had instances of unit transfer too numerous to list them all (Condor legion, the ton of foreign SS volunteers, the FFF, Normandie-Niemen, the Polish legion, Swedish volunteers in the Winter War, etc etc etc).
    • VIRVCOBRV wrote:

Nations have given/lent eachother troops since the dawn of times. The Romans had gaul and Germanic auxiliaries in their legions and the King of France famously had crossbowmen at his disposal given by the city of Genoa. Those are just two examples, but especially WW2 had instances of unit transfer too numerous to list them all (Condor legion, the ton of foreign SS volunteers, the FFF, Normandie-Niemen, the Polish legion, Swedish volunteers in the Winter War, etc etc etc).
      And don't forget the Landlease to Russia in WW2. Shiploads of Tetrach and Mathilda tanks etc.
    • I wonder if the increase in the gold for espionage prices will have an economic impact on the company?

While they have Clash of Nations which had the similar high cost of Reveal All *the most commonly used gold expenditure by me at least when I had gold* it just makes me wonder if not some more marginal costs are there.

As for the cost of other things in the espionage area, I wonder how often they were actually used by players and the $ income from them.
    • EZ Dolittle wrote:

I wonder if the increase in the gold for espionage prices will have an economic impact on the company?

While they have Clash of Nations which had the similar high cost of Reveal All *the most commonly used gold expenditure by me at least when I had gold* it just makes me wonder if not some more marginal costs are there.

As for the cost of other things in the espionage area, I wonder how often they were actually used by players and the $ income from them.
      From my POV, gold users will still be able to profit a lot from that feature and having so high cost, the regular user won't be able to profit from it as much as before.

The weight of the possible impact is on the whales shoulders.
      Estoy dispuesto a darlo todo, a luchar por lo que soy, a ser libre dentro de mi, a guerrear mientras viva.

• About trading of units, Bytro had a good reason to remove it: By abusing it, you could bypass the SBDE limit. For example assuming you have level 6 fighters and level 6 tacs. Then find somebody who trades five level 5 fighters and five level 5 tacs to you. Add these to your stack of level 6 planes and boom, you have an undefeatable terminator-stack.

So removing unit trade is a bitter pill we have to swallow.

However the best solution would be to change SBDE limits in a way that they count for all units of the same type in a stack - regardless of their level. So the stack from the above example would have 50% SBDE and not 100% (as it has in current implementation).
      This would also be the most important part in implementing that your existing units shouldn't automatically upgrade to the higher level the moment you researched it (see --> this post <--)... a change that would be a great improvement also in several other respects.
      I'm quite sure the only reason why the SBDE caculation isn't changed that way is that it assumably isn't an easy change(?)
      :|
    • Hans A. Pils wrote:

However the best solution would be to change SBDE limits in a way that they count for all units of the same type in a stack - regardless of their level. So the stack from the above example would have 50% SBDE and not 100% (as it has in current implementation).
      They already added this in the new game, S1.

I'll quote @freezy from the S1914 discord server where we talked about the SBDE, maxcap and the combat system in their new game, S1, I hope he doesn't mind :)

Freezy wrote:

S1 will also have a damage limiter for stacks, but it is counting the total number of units in the whole stack instead of each type individually (as that wouldnt make sense considering that you can have multiple levels of a unit in the same stack).Basically the damage added per unit will drop for each unit after 20 in your stack, but in a smart way (you lose the most damage potential were you already have most of in the stack) and you can optimize it via mixing the right amount of unit types. For that reason we also grestly enhanced the damage tooltip in the army bar showing you alot of details. Beginning at 50 units no additional damage will be added.There are also measures in place that make damaged stacks less effective. Damaged units have their strength reduced, and because units dont die until being at 10% this is more prevalent than in CoW or S1914. Also new is that damaged units lose movement speed, beginning at 50% health downwards. So if you create doom stacks you will soon notice that you will waste alot of damage potential and sooner or later will also move on the map like a snail.As for for the comment that only cavs+infs are required to win: You can try that vs real and experienced players, but I am pretty sure that this can be countered quite well. It only needs some flame throwsers mixed with inf and your inf+cav stack will experience greater losses as the defender. It is also not the most ressource efficient build strategy (letting 4 other resources unused). Balancing also has changed since the first event and it is of course still being worked on.

it certainly is a thing in cow that each unit level counts towards its own SBDE limit
      you can have 5 level 1 and 5 level 2 tac bombers in the same stack without efficiency loss (well now not anymore due to no trade unit)

The post was edited 1 time, last by nemuritor98 ().